“Wonderful Family experience!”

GreenLeadersGold level
st louis
“Wonderful Family experience!”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We just returned from an AWESOME vacation to Riviera Nayarit.
The resort we chose was the Marival Residences & World Spa.
Our family takes 3-4 trips per year. We travel with 3 adults and two children who now are 10 & 1 years old. We alway look for nicer family resorts which are all inclusive.The Marival Residences was recommended to us over 1 year ago, but we decided to give the resort some time to work out any kinks..WOW have they worked out the kinks..While on our stay the resort received the prestigous AAA 4-Diamond Award for Excellence!!
Now that's a statement.. We typically only stay at AAA 4-Diamond resorts because we want the best for our vacation and value.
The room was very spacious, we stayed in the 4 bedroom with a rooftop pool. The room was very spacious and has all the amenities needed. The beds are firm, if you don't like a firm bed they will bring you a topper.
All three of the restaurants at the resort were magnificent, every meal!! Nothing was sent back, and that's an hugh accomplishment for my family, my girls are a little picky!!
The pool was very nice, lots of sunshine and plenty of lounge chairs, space and quick bar service. We only spent 1 day at the beach, because the pool was just too convenient.
There is nothing but wonderful things to say about this resort.
If you want more information feel free to call me 314.842.7313.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tvlhaus
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Traveler: We love the fact you loved our resort. Thank you for your review and we hope you visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
canada
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I just got back (yesterday) from the Marival and we are torn. Do we let people know about this fabulous place and watch it change, or do we keep this one of a kind to ourselves and hope that enough people do the same to keep it going? From the very beginning with Ibauldo greeting us and showing us our fabulous room to the girls sweeping the ground every morning we did not meet one person who was miserable or did not have a smile on their faces. Monse greeted us every morning with her smile and a good morning. Michael, Jesus, Carlos (who is soon to be a daddy) and Rafael all made any meal we had at Omaggio a delight. Lemmon Grass was made even more special by Ricardo Gavito, Gabriel, Wenc and Pedro all worked each day to enusre we never wanted for anything. The BEST strawberry margarita around. We never had to wait for someone to bring a drink to us around the pool. Insu pretty special as well. What better place to watch the sun set with an appy or two and of course a drink to go with. Anyone who wants to feel spoiled, this is the place to come. We will be back and would love to bring our children and granchildren when we do

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sandylu
Dear Traveler: What a wonderful short review, thank you so much. You are welcome to place your comments right here on Tripadvisor for our Restaurants Omaggio and Insu Sky Lounge, that would be very much appreciated. Hope to see you soon!
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2011

we just returned yesterday from the Marival Residences & World Spa in PV. and as much as I hate to let the secret out....the place is spectacular. It was our second time there and just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did.
We have travelled Mexico for years and have stayed at all the best resorts and to date nothing can top this. when you go to mexico you need to relax.....who cares if it takes 2 minutes longer to get a drink.....take in the beautiful view and relax.
we lived like the rich and famous from the time we arrived until the time we departed.
we enjoyed all of the tours they offered and also did the rhythms of the night tour. we had to pay for that one but it was well worth it. the sea lions were a hoot and the zip line was our favorite. carlos and alejandra are the ones to see to help with all the bookings for these tours. they work so hard and always with a big smile.
do check out the area on the beach they have set up for the residences. it is just a short walk and well worth it. the service is non stop there as well.
I did check out the spa this time.....I did the Bali experience and it was worth every penny.
all the meals were amazing......make sure you have the chocolate cake with the hot sauce.....it is out of this world.
If you are looking for a smaller place, where you can relax and enjoy the ambiance of a truly remarkable mexican experience then this is the place for you.
warning......this place can become addicting
it did for us.....we can hardly wait to return

2 Thank ronandcathy
Dear Traveler: We appreciate so much your review, and we are delighted you enjoyed your experience at our Resort. We would love to be of service again in the near future. Best Regards.
Montreal
Reviewed March 19, 2011

It's all been said before...this place is amazing! They cater to you from morning till night! We were so pampered, it was difficult to come back.

The food is 5star all the way, no sloppy buffets or crappy pasta stations. A few small small complaints in this area though, since I am a foodie and take my dining on vacation very seriously. They were often out of the higher end items (foie gras, blue crab) and the wait times were at times insane, especially at Insu and the VIP beach club. On a few occasions, we waited well over an hour to get drinks and/or food. Also, everytime you ordered something extra (an extra appetizer, side order, dessert), it seemed to get forgotten; I don't know if it was intentional or not. Sometimes I asked for it again, sometimes, I let it go.
One time, we asked for 4 tapas per person at Insu (they recommend 3 per person) and the waiter told us to start with three and if we were still hungry , we could order more. I was a little miffed by this response and it made me hesitant/unconfortable to order more there. Don't get me wrong, the food is fabulous and is prepared with care, so maybe this is an effort to reduce wasting good quality food.
The drinks were great everywhere but especially at Brunello wine bar and Insu.

The VIP beach club is very nice but the water at the beach isn't for swimming. It's murky from the sand and you can't see where you are stepping. I went in only once since it wasn't very enjoyable. It's more appropriate for surfing and boogie boarding. The pool is nice although slightly small for the size of the resort.

The room was beyond all expectations. I could have lived there all year round with the full kitchen and all the major appliances available.

The service was top notch and professional; tipping the staff made them more friendly and warm towards you. I have to give a shout-out to employees that don't get tips but do a phenomenal job: the two concierges Carlos and Alejandra work over 12 hours a day (we would see them at their desks from before 8 am until past 10 pm) and they would always greet you with a smile and inquire about your stay. They were so patient with everybody when booking the tours, they are true gems! I hope they get the recognition and salary they deserve!! Same goes for the hostesses at Omaggio; they were super nice and helpful; Gabriela is such a sweetie and we enjoyed chatting with her. Monce was also very nice. They make you feel like family!!

We did not try the spa since I found it quite expensive; the prices were on par or higher than back home. My husband used the internet a few times and felt it was too pricey:180 pesos ($18CDN) per day or 900p for the whole week .

The excursions were great: we did the canopy tour, sea lions and dolphins, as well as the sunset sailing. You have to pay for the transportation to and from most of these places and that adds up since the taxis aren't cheap.

I hope this review is helpful to fellow travelers; I combed through the reviews before leaving and found it beneficial. One thing, I recalled was someone mentioning that they let let you keep the bracelet at check-out, which would have been nice touch, since it was a woven one and you could keep it as a wonderful momento of an unforgettable vacation. Unfortunately, that was not our case. They told us we had to return it and they cut it in two so that it could not be re-used. I asked if I could have it even if cut-up and they refused!! That was a bit much, I thought! I figured they must have changed their policy since the time of the review I had read. Imagine my surprise when at the airport I saw several guests from the hotel and they had their bracelets intact! They were surprised when I related my story! Grrrrr....what gives, Marival management????

To cap off, fantastic stay with minor issues. Go without any hesitation, you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
Dear Traveler; Thank you so much for your review, we at the Resort take all comments very seriously as they help us monitor guest satisfaction, rest assured we will review all of your information and will take advantage of the opportunity areas you mention to make your next experience with us even more memorable. Once again thank you for your wonderful review and see you back soon! Best Regards.
toronto
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My spouse and I just returned from a beautiful week at Marival Residences.
Although initially skeptical of the mostly uniform online praise of this resort (cant be
THAT great ), I am writing all to confirm what has already been said.

From the moment we arrived late in the evening, we were made to feel special.
Not every resort will take the effort to properly train staff in the nuances of hospitality
etc. Here uniformly we were amazed at the professional attitude staff at all levels
displayed throughout our stay. This above all else gave us a memorable stay and
prompted me to write my first note on Tripadvisor.

Sure the meals sometimes were a little late and perhaps the ocean is a little far from our
room, but for the total experience, I challenge anyone to find better value for your money.

My two cents said !!!

enjoy.

1 Thank steviis
Dear Traveler: What a great short review, thank you so much, we hope you will come back to visit us again in the near future. Best Regards.
Millbrae, California
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Rooms were beautiful, well stocked, great view, comfortable, and clean. Grounds the same. Cannot say enough about the staff. Seem at poolside someone was always asking us if we needed anything, without being pushy or bothering us. Choice of many restaurants and different choices of specials nightly. Service was great. Felt very safe in area, took walks at night. Only downside if you like beaches its a short (2 min) shuttle away. Side trips to zip line, dolphin adventure, city tours and more were included and recommended. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank twinspapageo
Dear Traveler: We cant wait for you to come back, thank you for your review and do visit us soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We are still here at the Marival Residences and World Spa and for the most part it's fantastic! I'll break it down for you as much as possible with what we've experienced so far:
The Room:
Lovely, fabulous. Big, clean 1 bedroom suite. The bed is kind of hard so if you ask them to put something on it, it's much better. Bedding is nice. Very comfortable. Housekeeping is good for the most part... still waiting for the Coffee Mate for the coffee.
The Food and Drinks:
Good. There is this cool bar at the top of the property overlooking the pool with a nice ocean view. It's called "Insu" and it's all Tapas. Very cool, very comfortable and the food is good.
There are 2 main restaurants on the main level - Omaggio and Lemmon Grass ( I know Lemon is spelled with one M - but this is really the name of the restaurant) We had breakfast in Omaggio and it was good. We had one lunch in Lemmon Grass and it was sub par - the fish wasn't cooked - but basically tasty.
The Service:
Check in was awesome. No front desk crap - you get ushered to the lounge and sit down with a fresh warm scented towel and order a drink. A hotel rep comes to you with a folio that you look over and sign. He has your room key and takes you to your suite. Very comfortable and non stressful. Great job.
The food and beverage service is hit and miss. The staff in the restaurants don't follow up and see how you're doing, or notice when your drink is empty. No fill up of coffee or question if everything is okay. They just kind of leave you there. You wait a long time for menus, and the server walks by you at least 10 times so see other tables. Just seemed kind of odd. This hasn't happened consistently, but off and on while we've been here.
Drinks are A+..... pool service is excellent. (Ricardo is awesome - okey dokey)
All in all an excellent resort if you decide to visit Mexico. We've come to Puerto Vallarta and have stayed at over 10 of the resorts.( Riu Palace Pacifico, Royal Decameron, Velas Vallarta, Samba Vallarta, Marival Resort, etc)

Happy travels!

2 Thank luvmexico070
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your time, we hope you are still enjoying your vacation. All comments are appreciated as they help us monitor guest satisfaction, your review will be carefully considered by the management and will most definitely work on the improvement areas you mention. We hope your vacation continues to be fantastic and please do visit us again. If you enjoyed the Insu Sky Lounge, you are also welcome to write a review right here as well. Thank you once again!!