Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Bahia del Sol Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
5,168 results
All reviewssun barel toropalace resortszen restaurantrock sparesort creditsunset cruiserock starpool partycity tourpunta canaromantic dinner on the beachspa treatmentsentertainment staffzip lininggreat resortfire show
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our first visit to this resort, but was our third trip to Puerto Vallarta area.

The hotel was very bright and clean, and the pool areas and gardens were immaculate. We had a jacuzzi room on the ground floor of the north wing, with a patio door that opened onto a small sun deck. It, too was very clean and the amenities were excellent. Morning housekeeping and evening "turn-down" service ensured fresh towels and tidy-up twice a day.

Food quality at this resort was among the best we have encountered in our travels. Variety was good at any time of day, and the buffet in the Market restaurant was the best we have ever experienced (breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all wonderful). I mention the buffet because in many resorts the food quality drops when you leave the a la carte restaurants; not so at this resort.

There were lots of activities going on around the main (central) pool, including a live band on Thursday afternoon. Most days the music was a good mix of 60's & 70's classic rock (English language), with a few latin tunes blended in. We chose to spend most of our time at the quieter pool at the north end where we could hear the music and enjoy the fun & games from a distance (makes it a bit easier to read or listen to your i-pod, etc).

The beach at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta is gently sloping, and you can walk out in the ocean a long way. The surf was pretty gentle, and we had green and yellow flags most days.

Service was great and all staff were very eager to please.
Special thanks go to:
Erika & Tito - poolside servers who provided amazing, smiling service throughout our stay.
Antonio - server in the Ciao restaurant
Miguel, Daniel, Alexandro and Jesus, servers in the Zen restaurant

We chose to attend the sales presentation for the resort's vacation club, and spent about 2 hours with representatives from Legendary Vacations. Everyone involved was very professional, and there was no "hard sell". We chose not to become members, and our decision was treated with respect. There were no trailer calls, and we continued to enjoy our stay.

We will recommend Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to friends, and will visit again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground floor, north wing, room with pool & garden view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Papa_Toopy
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Hola PappaToopy,

We are absolutely blissful to learn you had an awesome experience here in Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. We hope that other future Hard Rockers find useful you review.

We always do our best to pamper our Rock Stars as they deserve, we will recognize the effort of these people that you kindly mentioned who were above and beyond to deliver a really special treatment to you.

We will be pleased to open the limo, roll out the red carpet and host you again. All the crew will be waiting for you with open arms.

Keep the Hard Rock memories!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My first visit in 2010 was going to be pretty hard to beat, so keeping that in mind I am being kind! The Mexican restaurant (Frida) was a huge improvement as it is no longer buffet, but a really great sit down dinner. The dinner on the beach turned out to be dinner at Frida, in broad day light! The food was nice, but the ambiance of the beach dinner at sunset was surely missing. Ciao was only available for us one night, which was again disappointing! We found out that the resort credits could be used to order Lobster, regardless of where you were dining so my husband enjoyed that! We spa'd, the guys golfed, and we sunned ourselves silly. Angelica was a s friendly as our last visit. Tito provided us great poolside service. Johnny scheduled our activities and was very friendly. We used our credits to upgrade to concierge level, which is well worth the fee. I really didn't mind paying the tax, but it was sure a lot nicer when it was free! The improvements to the pool and outdoor bars were probably the biggest changes I noticed. All in all, a great trip and will probably return here again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to concierge level if at all possible and make sure that you are not over the bar!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tdkiely2127
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hello tdkiely2127,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us in this forum and thank you too for choosing our resort to spend your vacation.

We are grateful as well for spotlighting some of our coworkers who were beyond and made your visit a blast; we will acknowledge them for their effort.

We are pretty happy to know you liked many of our new Hard Rock touches. However we will keep working Hard to exceed your expectations the next time you visit us by providing a smashing service and by pampering you as a true Rock Star.

Awaiting to have the opportunity to rock your visit again.

Take time to be kind!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We are a middle age couple and have traveled to 4 plus and 5 star resorts for the last 15 years including Mexico and the Carribean. We were part of a large group that stayed at Hard Rock Vallarta for 1 week returning Nov 24. We had a great time! Our group had a separate check in because of our size( approx. 300). I thought this was good for both us and the other visitors to the hotel but I can't comment on the true check in process. The rooms were very nice but we didn't have much of a balcony. We could get a chair on it only if we left the balcony door wide open. The resort only has a few rooms with a full balcony. Everthing in the room worked as it should. A wet bar and mini bar were included in the room.Room service was available with a full menu. The resort has completed the rebranding to Hard Rock and there was only a couple of small projects being worked on when we were there. Really no more than ongoing work you might see at any other resort. We both liked the rock memorabelia as that was "our era". This alone brought back many great memories. We totally enjoyed the food! Great service at all the resturants and no reservations were reguired for the a la cartes. There was no limits to the number of a la cartes for our stay. The dress code is casual so a knee lenght short is O.K. for men, but we enjoyed getting dress for dinner. We preferred the Italian and Brazilian but as we did 2 off resort dinners we didn't get to the Mexician. We tried the Asian but more for the chance to get the chefs table than for the food. Some in our group returned often as they really enjoyed it. No one saw the chefs table being served during our stay. We ate at the buffet the first night we arrived. The food was good but we found it lacked variety. Full breakfast buffet including champagne and orange juice. We enjoyed the omlettes, as they didn't use lots of heavy oils to fry in like we found in other areas.
Lots of beach/pool chairs and umbrellas. Everyone played the "towel game" for chairs but it was not necessary. Miles of beach to walk on. I enjoyed the ocean surf but my wife found it rough to swim in. We did not see any topless sun bathing anywhere. The resort had lots of beach and pool side activities. The beach and pool side bar service was great. After the first day they had my wifes favourite liquor at the beach bar. Premium liquors were readily available. The resort included a $750.00 room credit for activities. This included dolphin swim and zip lining, spa, romantic dinners and much more. Some in our group were active all week with the credits. We did a tour called Rhythms Of The Night which I would highly recommend. The night life was limited with one lobby bar but this offered live bands. There were some evening shows in the theatre and pool side and the pool side bar open for these events. We canot comment on value as my wife won this trip through work. The service was great everwhere and tips seemed to be appreciated. I asked about viewing a DVD I purchased of me skydiving and they had a DVD player installed in our room in 20 minutes. I doubt this level of service would have happend in very few resort we have visited. I have no problem recommending this resort to anyone.
Richard and Jackie C. Nova Scotia Canada

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard C
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hey Richard & Jackie

Thank you so much for your lovely and full review. Apparently you took advantage of everything we have for our Celebrities and had lots of fun along with your party.

Thanks as well for recommending us, we hope other travelers find useful you’re the description of your Hard Rock experience.

We look forward to roll out the red carpet for you again and provide you with the best service you already know.

Strum that air guitar!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My first experience in Mexico, and actually anywhere out of Canada, was AMAZING. Of course the Hotel is beautiful, clean, has a nice inside bar, a bar in a pool, the beach, a relaxing spa, shows, delicious restaurants, good music, and much more... But the Staff, oh my god, the staff is so nice and friendly. I felt close to them and didn't want to leave them. Rodolfo, Misael, Ricardo, Jenny, the Djs, Gabriel, Gustavo, Erika, Pepe.. and so many more that I don't remember the name. Plus the director of the Hotel Luis is also very nice and welcoming. (Oh and cute haha)
Thank you so much for this memorable experience"!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Isabel M
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Isabel M,

On behalf of every member of the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, I would like to take a minute to express our gratitude for this awesome review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our amazing activities and our personalized service. I would like to thank you for highlighting the name of those employees who in your opinion did an excellent job in providing you with real customer service. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel to provide you with memorable experiences and the Rock Star treatment that you deserve.

Keep the Hard Rock memories!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went to the HR Vallarta for a good friend's wedding and thought the hotel was fine (nice rooms, all inclusive, friendly staff). My friend's wedding was beautiful and our stay was nice however the hotel overcharged my credit card by $300 and never reversed the charge (they promised they would within in a week, I stayed there in October of this year)--I have been calling for a month and can't get through to anyone, I have tried to email and the emails get bounced back. I am shocked that a Hard Rock hotel would be so careless and lack the integrity to even call back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
RobertoRoja, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Rachel M,

Receive cordial greetings from Hard Rock Vallarta.

Please allow us to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay.
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced concerning the overcharged with your credit card. I am sending you a private message in order to take care and solve this incident right away.

We remain at your entire disposal