First off, Paradise Village, does have one of the best beaches!! They have little tiki 'umbrellas' to lounge under & plenty of beautiful sand, not rocks! The ocean was warm & the waves were cool. They have 2 snack bars on the beach-pool area & the wait staff is very attentive. The moment you walked up to one, someone would be waiting to take your order. They also delivered the drinks right to your lounge area.The pool areas are beautiful, they have the bigger pool where it's more crowded & a smaller pool that is quiter.
The actual hotel is nice, Paradise Village says they are a 5star hotel, most web sites say they are a 3 1/2 star.......I say 3 1/2, the hotel is nice & so are the rooms(jr stuite) but nothing spectacular!
The kitchen in the rooms are cheesy, they charge you $2.50 more if you use the coffee pot, they have no bottle openers & you have to go buy your dishsoap from the grocery store, so I would wash the dishes before using them!! The maid conveintely forgot to leave us towels & extra TP the first day(probably because we hadn't tipped yet) and our room was not cleaned to after 4:30pm everyday
Time Share Ladies---we were coming out of the hotel & they tracked us down-stating they were the welome committee & wanted to get us a drink & they had some papers regarding the hotel & properties & what to do......reluctanly we sat down stating she had 5minutes to talk........she told us the minute we sat down that she did not work on commission & really wanted to show us what the hotel had to offer......so she showed us a bunch of papers & would we like to book an excursion, she could get us a discount(we already booked one, thru an indepedent web site& it went really well) & then all of a sudden she wants to sign us up for a 90 minute time share presentation. We say NO! She pressures & tries to make us feel bad & then says she does work on commision & she needs us to sign up so she can get her 'points' & then we can 'cancel' in the morning. Luckily some women wanted to say hello to her so while she was hugging her, my husband & I just left!! She tracked us down later & said we forgot our paperwork-we just kept walking & said we didn't need it.....So beware of the ladies whose desk is right beside the Tikal Bar, unless you want to go to 90minute meeting!!!!!
They have like 5 restaurants at the hotel. All of them but 2 were closed while we were there(Aug26th,2006-Aug30th,2006). We went to Italian night the first night & it was ok, it was a buffet, but not much food to choose from & cost about $54.00 for 2 people(drinks not included).
Do not go the the Shrimp Night- We went & it was $84.00!!! I got 5 shrimp, a little mound of potatoes & a little mound of rice & a bottle of water!!!!! My husband had the same!!!
We went to the Paradise Plaza & it was all right-wanted to eat at The Jungle- it was closed- we were going to eat at that Italian Place before the plaza-Il Pasteroe(sp?)- it was closed.
We did have lunch at the Mexican place in the plaza-it was pretty good. I reccomend going to town to eat. We went to the Blue Shrimp, one night & it was excellent, the food, ambiance & the wait staff....we would have eaten there everynight!!!
We did go to the spa & it was heaven!! Something you definetly need to do!!!
We also did a bay cruise, but think an evening one would have been funner & the prirate boat looks really cool!!
We would more than likely stay again, now that we know what to avoid. Overall we did have a wonderful time, the scenery is spectacular!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta