Despite some VERY negative reviews, we enjoyed our week at Paradise Village.
As suggested in other reviews, the rooms are nothing special. Not horrible, but not very nice. The beds are okay, but not really comfortable. Our first room (with a "Marina View") had a view of nothing but the parking lot. The second bedroom did not even have a window to the outside. However, we asked to move and were put in a room with a view of the marina, the ocean and the mountains (and the parking lot). All-in-all, not bad.
The staff were generally okay. Other than the "rep" at the airport that wanted to try and start selling us within 10 minutes of landing, we were not bothered at all by sales presentations. Staff in the restaurants were generally nice.
The food is not very good. It's edible, but if you are looking for gourmet cuisine, forget it. It's not overly expensive, but it's not cheap either. There is a special theme night each night of the week. We did not attend, but the mexican cowboy night and the fiesta were apparently a lot of fun.
The beach and pool areas are very nice, though very crowded. Get down there by 9AM (or ealier) to reserve a spot. The hotel says you can only reserve a spot for an hour, but nobody will move your towel once you grab a chair.
The main pool is noisy - lots of activities going on all day. The smaller pool is a little bit quieter.
All-in-all, this a pretty good place for a family vacation. It is not a place to go for a quiet get-away, or for college kids looking for a drink-fest. This place is designed for mom, dad and the 2.2 kids (and maybe the grandparents too).
We prefered the Mariott in Aruba (nicer beach, better food in town, nicer rooms) but Aruba is a lot more expensive than Nuevo Vallarta. For the money, this is a good second choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta