Our family just returned last night from a 8 day/7 night vacation at the Paradise Village resort. When I asked our 10-year old son how he enjoyed the vacation, he said it was "off the chain" great. That is about the highest compliment I've ever heard from him.
Recommendations: Upon arrival, pay the price for a taxi to the Walmart/Sam's in Puerto Vallarta. It costs $16 each way for the taxi, but well worth the savings if you buy some groceries when you get there. The market at the mall on site is WAY overpriced. The dinners at the hotel are repetitive and expensive. I do recommend the MEXICAN FIESTA night, but not really the others. Instead, try some local restaurants: Mondo at the Grand Mayan Resort, the Panarama restaurant, LeKliff Restaurant, and Roberto's (Downtown). If you eat at the resort more often, I suggest possibly the Western Night. Don't order the lobster at all, it's small, tough and overpriced. Excursions: Las Caletas, Swim with the Sea Lion, Fish on the Eclipse boat, DO NOT take the city tour, just take a taxi to Puerta Vallarta and check it out yourself. The city tour ropes you into buying things at the stores they take you to and eating at the only restaurant they take you to for lunch, which is in a remote area in the mountains with chickens running around, seafood only (like fish heads?)...just say no to the city tour. Use the taxis, they're not that bad, but ask for one with seat belts. The drivers are very safe and friendly. Don't spend all of your days running around Mexico. Enjoy the pool (awesome fun for kids with the two crocodile slides) and the beach (so there are vendors, so what?). Just a word about the vendors. What's so bad about lying on a chair looking at the Pacific ocean with something cold to drink and having the shopping come to you? If you really don't want the vendors to bother you, just be friendly and practice saying, "Gracia, pero No" or "No esta dia, gracia". They kindly nod and walk on. Chill. There are so many things to say, but not enough room. Those are the most pertinent things I could think of. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta