Paradise Village is a well kept property with a great beach perfect for families. The pools are well set up for kids, or retired folks who want quiet. Service is average at best and the food quality is good ( not great), but the buffets lack in selection when compared to other all-inclusives. I experienced lukewarm selections on several occasions ( which I mentioned). The property really only has two ala-carte restaurants as part of the all-inclusive package with a limited menu ( couldn't get a basic side salad), and then they have theme nights ( one of which they shut the main pool down at 3pm which really puts a load on the second pool). These theme nights can best be described as "hokey" ( Mexican Night, Western Night) at best and they heard you in like cattle, and seat you at a table not of your choosing with dining partners you might not have picked.
There is really not much non-motorized sports or toys on the beach - you can get a boogie board but no kayaks or sail boats available
Although the hotel has an all-inclusive package and you get "banded" when you arrive you still have to sign for everything every time, which gets quite annoying when you have already been identified as "all-inclusive". This is because they run it as a regular hotel for others and time-share people and their accounting system requires it. The other part of this bill signing is that a person feels obligated to tip , yet again, although gratuities have been included in your original package price - double tipping ( I do tip extra for very good service but shouldn't have to feel obligated).
When it comes to any kind of nightlife this place doesn't have any. I was there for 15 nights and the nightclub was not open once. This was disappointing as a person can't even go for a nightcap as everything pretty much is done by 10 pm. This is great if you have a time-share and are retired or have kids and aren't going out.
As for the first room we got when we arrived I was shocked ( they were still using real keys and only could get me one key?) it was a significant distance from the restaurants and the beach. The bed was seriously rock hard with the springs readily felt when you sat on it. This not what I expected for a "4-Star" hotel - even in Mexico. This room had a fridge that was very unstable (feet uneven) and there were ceiling tiles ready to drop in the bathroom ( I should have taken pics). I complained to our travel tour operator immediately to get this resolved.
The room upgrade to a superior junior from a studio was much appreciated and more in line with what one would expect in a 4-star hotel. The only problem with the new room was the air conditioner was very loud when it kicked it to the point of waking you up sometimes.
The experience wasn't all bad. I have to say the maids did a great job with the room and the staff were friendly. There were a few times in the restaurants where there seemed like confusion happening due to the back and forth with different waiters at the table. Think they could use a few more to improve the service.
I applaud the Paradise Village for their animal rescue program with the tigers and other cats. I enjoyed seeing the tiger kittens and the two tigers they had on exhibit ( just wish the enclosure was less cage like and a little more like the San Diego Zoo).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta