2,691 results
All reviews time share marina view coba tower western night il pescatore quiet pool sunset market dish soap el tigre full kitchen all inclusive plan activities team main building small mall main pool all inclusive package mexican fiesta night
Reviewed May 10, 2008

My husband, five year old son, and parents traveled to Paradise Village in January and had a wonderful time. There are plenty of activities for the kids and adults alike! We have been to Puerto Vallarta many times but have never stayed at a resort. We didn't leave the resort as much as we have from a hotel because we had seen the town and everything we needed was right there! It's a very family friendly place with activities and a mini zoo on site. The staff are responsive and competent and care that visitors have a great time. The daycare folks remembered my son's name and were able to put him at ease quickly. (He was only there a couple of days.) The resort also has an 18-hole golf course, fitness center and a peaceful spa.

Date of stay: January 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank SarahSunshine66
Reviewed May 9, 2008

My husband and I just returned from Paradise Village and we were in a group of 15 friends. After reading many of the reviews on this website, I have to say I was not expecting much but didn't mind because we went mainly for the group fellowship. Check in took nearly 2 hours! After that though, everything was a pleasant surprise. Somehow we were upgraded to the Playa Royal Tower building on the opposite end of the property from the main hotel. These are large, extremely nice 2 bedroom condos facing the pool and beach and are only about 1 year old. The only inconvenience was having to wait for the shuttle if we wanted to go the the main buildings.

We found the staff to be helpful for the most part and, other than the hounds at the airport, none of us were bothered by the time share reps. Tip: after customs, head straight through the airport to the taxi booth at the end and don't let anyone else convince you to go with them.

The mall was nice and has several reasonably priced restaurants. The snack bar/grill on the beach had really good food too. We did not eat at any of the main hotel restaurants except the Tulum for breakfast one day, and it was good. I'm not sure I would say the Mexican Fiesta is worth the money, but it was o.k. They have a different buffet theme night each day of the week and that was the only one we went to. It's great if you want all the Tequila and food you can handle, but we're not drinkers.

I would say that unless you are a well-seasoned traveler with only a taste for the very best, Paradise Village will suit you just fine.

Date of stay: May 2008
1  Thank ChrissyMarie
Reviewed April 24, 2008

My wife and I had an interesting trip. I was refused entrance onto my plane in Houston because my passport was what Continetntal said "mutilated" Actually it was delaminated and could still be scanned and read. To make that long story short my wife went down with out me while I syaed in Houston until Monday and recieved an expideited passport. (We left on Saturday). This cost us about $500 extra for hotel car rental etc...

The bad first about Paradise.
The beds are very hard
The air conditioning doesn't work all that well and leaked the whole time. Their solution was to turn it off.
They took advantage of my wife and I by telling us after we bought the all-inclusive option for 3 days that it can only be for the last 4 days. We were forced to keep it the entire time despite my several complaints.
Service around the pool was slow.
Poor view and would not upgrades us even though their were openings.
Desk staff was very rude and just seemed to want our money.

The good.
Great weather
Room was very nice
Great housekeeping
Great food
Great beach.
Great pools.
Very clean

I will not go here again.

Date of stay: April 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank How99
Reviewed April 23, 2008

We just recently returned from a wonderful week at the Paradise Village Beach Resort. We had a one bedroom which was supposed to have one bathroom, but ended up having two, which worked out great for the three of us.
First, the negative things. Our room had virtually no view, except of the main drive in entrance. When we tried to get an ocean view/pool view, it was going to cost us another $58 per night. They did not appear to be anywhere full, but refused to give us a better room at a reasonable price. We had heard that the beds were very hard and rooms noisy, but we did not experience these problems. Our first day at the beach, it took us quite awhile to find anyone who would wait on us. Eventually, at both the pool and beach, we did get the waiters to come by, but they sure could have used a few more to work. The drinks were aroulnd $5-6, but only had one happy hour from 5-6pm. Could have used a few more happy hours to keep our interest. They have a kids pool(noisy pool) and an adult pool(quiet) but there always seemed to be kids at the quiet pool, and no one around who would try to get them back to the kids area.

Enough of the negative. The room was very nice and clean and worked out great for us. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet twice at the Kaybal Restaurant ($17-19). Kinda high priced, but very good. We ate twice at the pool/beach area ($8-9) and had sandwiches etc. which were good. Had one meal at the Mayapa the first night and it was decent(kinda high priced). Had one more meal at the Italian restaurant (Il Pescatore) on the Marina. Very nice setting with the yachts parked next to the restaurant.
Took the water taxi to Puerto Vallarta one day. Cost about$12 per person. Fun and quick way to get into town but too expensive to do everytime. Took the bus back. Cost about $2. Have to take one bus to Walmart and change busses to Nuevo Vallarta. Spent a nice day in Bucerias, which is a small town north of the resort. Taxi was about $14. Nice little shops and restaurants. Went to the new Mega store in Bucerias to buy some groceries. Other than the two buffets, we ate our breakfast in the room and the rest of the meals out. Was great to have the mall next door. Went to the internet location to check our e-mails everyday and shopped at the small grocery store for some of our food. Also ate once at the Mexican restaurant on the second floor (fish tacos were good) and got pizza at Dominos and a sandwich at Subway.

Enjoyed walking the beach every morning and went parasailing on one day. The beach was very nice( a little dirty in the mornings) but overall quite nice. We did have two nice dinners at the Fajita Republic. It is located about a mile north of the resort and can easily be walked to . The fajitas were very good as well as the shrimp.

Overall, it was a very relaxing week at the beach for some people who were tired of the winter, and ready for some warm weather on the beach. Daily high was 82-84, so had no complaints about the weather. Would come back to the Paradise Village anytime.

Date of stay: April 2008
2  Thank RodScore
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Paradise Village is the finest family resort we have found in our travels throughout Mexico! From the beauty of the buildings and grounds, to the wide variety of sports and activities, and the expansive beach and pools...it simply can't be beat!

Located 30 min. N. of downtown Puerto Vallarta, the resort complex sits on the finest beach in Banderas Bay...no rip tides, undertow, rocks, or coral...great boogie boarding!

Our favorite aspect of the resort, are it's people! The employees at Paradise Village go out of their way to make your stay feel like a true vacation. From the activities staff, the water sports shop, the wait staff, housekeeping, even the vendors on the beach...all treat you as friends.

We have traveled to Paradise Village with people from ages 2 to 88, and they have all had a great time!

Date of stay: March 2008