“Scuba at Las Islas Mariettas is fantastic!”

Vallarta Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$128.99*
and up
Puerto Vallarta Sunset Cruise and Candlelight Dinner Show
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Nuevo Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Nuevo Vallarta Marina, Vallarta Adventures offers the widest selection of tours available in the Vallarta area. From the jungles to the sea, our tours provide a safe, fun and informative adventure to people who want to discover all that the area has to offer. Experience a ride on a thrilling zip line, an enchanting cultural performance and candlelit dinner on a private beach, or an eco-adventure tour of the Sierra Madre—no matter who you are or how old you are, we have an adventure just for you. Join us for an adventure, and experience why we are continually rated as Vallarta’s #1 tour company.
Spokane, WA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scuba at Las Islas Mariettas is fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

Certified diver, so got two dives. Fernando was an excellent guide and took lots of great close-ups for me. I would include some photos, but don't want to give up rights - sorry. Saw lots of sea life - whales and dolphins top-side, rays, fish, eels down under.
I just wish I had time to go to Calettas with them the next day. Saw the island cat, too.
And, lunch was yummy after our dives!
I was completely comfortable in a 2/3 with boots and gloves, but some said they got cold in their 5's with hoods, just so you know.

1 Thank 3Spokanites

• Polish first
Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

My family was in Puerto Vallarta for a week and I had received a recommendation from a co-worker for this company. I am very glad I did. We participated in three activities on three separate days: zip line, Las Caletas and the signature dolphin swim. I could not say enough about how experienced, professional and fun the guides were. My 65 yr old mom, who is afraid of heights and getting a bit older, was apprehensive about the zip line, but the guides said they would take really good care of her and they did. They would talk her through the zip lines and would even hold her hand to help her walking between the lines as it can be very tough walking. I would highly recommend this company!

1 Thank LovesTheBeach67
Victoria BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Best Attraction in Puerto Vallarta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

LUDO! LUDO! LUDO! This name belongs to the best tour guide Vallarta Adventures has. I recently took the Sierra Mardre tour, with Ludo as my guide, I had the greatest experience of my life. Ludo is one of the few people around with a fantastic outlook on life, culture, friends, and family. He's teriffic.
The Sierra Madra tour was very informative and exceptionally exciting! I'm 18 and went with my mom, and as a teenager with other things on my mind, I can fairly say that I thouroughly enjoyed this experience. We got the chance to see how the other half lives, how they survive on mearly family and scraps of food. We had the chance to look at real Mexican wildlife, flora and fauna, and enyoy a wonderfully delicious BBQ later in the day.
In our "safari limo" we had a group of people from Quebec and my mom and I. Well it turned out that Ludo also speaks French, as well as Spanish and English! He would explain what we're looking at in English to my mom and I, and then turn to the other group and explain in French so they could understand. He was amazing. A wonderful asset to Vallarta Adventures.
So, Ludo! This one's for you! Amazing work:)

2 Thank JohnVictoriaBC
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Trainer for the Day-A DAY I'LL NEVER FORGET!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

On February 6, my boyfriend and I did the Trainer for a Day and it was so amazing. When I first started planning it, it did seem a little pricey but if that doesn't scare you off, it's such an amazing experience and worth every penny!!

When we first arrived, we took a 3 minute boat ride across the marina to their main location and then Anna, our guide, seated us and brought us a very impressive plate of fruit and juices. She told us exactly what we would be doing and how our day was going to look.

From there, we put our belongings into lockers and she gave us our "uniforms." It was just a T-shirt and a cap but it was so hot out, I'm glad I had them to cover my burn! From there, she took us to where some of the dolphins were and we got to play with them. We tossed balls into the pool and the dolphins would hit them back to us. It was soo cute!!

We also were the very first "trainers" to canoe in the dolphin pool. We paddled around in this bright yellow canoe and the dolphins loved it. They followed us around and it was so amazing!! I'm so thankful that Anna let us do it!

After that, she took us to where they sorted the food, and showed us what they eat. She brought us to the medical center, where they test the blood and other specimens taken from the dolphins to make sure they are all healthy. We got to look into the microscope to see their blood. These dolphins are very well cared for!!

Afterwards, we had an extensive time with the dolphins. I think it was about 45 minutes inside the pool. We were in the same pool as three other groups, but each group of 6ish had a dolphin and my boyfriend and I were the only trainers for a day, so we got one on one time with our own dolphin, Mila, the entire time. We learned hand signals and swam with Mila and got kisses and hugs galore!!

We've done the swimming with the dolphins in Florida once and it doesn't even compare to Vallarta Adventures!!! Not only was this more affordable, but it included a lot more!!

Anyway, after our time with the dolphin, we went over to the sea lions. We got kisses and hugs there as well, and they did a bunch of tricks. Sea lions are very under estimated!! They are extremely smart.

After that, we had lunch, which we picked from the menu at the beginning of the day and Anna sat down with us and answered ALL of our questions. She was so amazing.

We bought pictures, which were I guess on sale because we were trainers for a day. It is normally $120 for 18 pictures or something but we paid $150 for all the pictures that were taken that day. We had our own personal photographer following us around every step of the way so the CD had everything on it. There was about 240 pictures on it and they were all stunning. So it was $238 each after the 10% by ordering online and it included the breakfast, lunch, the photographer for 6 hours, that amazing picture deal, sea lions, extra time playing with the dolphins, learning about their food and health, the t-shirt and cap, lockers, a 20 minute DVD of our interactions, VIP access by having our very own dolphin, and our amazing guide Anna!! If we had done the Signature Dolphin Swim, Sea Lions, and paid full price for our pictures, it would have been more expensive so just think of all the extras you receive!! The slowest days for this program are Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The cruise ships come in on the other days so obviously try for a slower day so you can have more one on one time.

If you are going to be ANYWHERE near Vallarta Adventures, I strongly suggest this excursion!! We taxied 45 minutes each way but it was totally worth it! And request Anna, the best guide ever!

1 Thank Nanaimo_girl01
Austin, TX
“My "Trainer for a Day" dolphin adventure was the best experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

The Vallarta Adventures experience of spending more than 4 hours training and playing with the dolphins (and sea lions) was worth every cent spent!! As "Trainer for a Day" - I was on cloud nine the entire time. Our guide, Anna, was terrific, energetic, and passionate about her job. [Would you believe she is from Germany?] We could of not hand-picked a better guide for the day. She explained everything to us and answered all our questions. She was so passionate and excited about what she was doing by educating us about these beautiful creatures. The other trainers and staff were very friendly and helpful too. The whole experience was without a doubt the best time of my life. I would recommend it to anyone willing to swim with dolphins, including their hugs and kisses. I learned so much about dolphins and sea lions - I have become an advocate for their cause.

Kudos to Vallarta Adventures!!!!! I want to come back!!! And I will make sure I request Anna to be our guide!!!! She rocks!!!!

Thrilled in Austin, Texas