“Scuba Diving with Vallarta Adventures”

Vallarta Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Dedicated Dives for Certified Divers from Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Nuevo Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Nuevo Vallarta Marina, Vallarta Adventures offers the widest selection of tours available in the Vallarta area. From the jungles to the sea, our tours provide a safe, fun and informative adventure to people who want to discover all that the area has to offer. Experience a ride on a thrilling zip line, an enchanting cultural performance and candlelit dinner on a private beach, or an eco-adventure tour of the Sierra Madre—no matter who you are or how old you are, we have an adventure just for you. Join us for an adventure, and experience why we are continually rated as Vallarta’s #1 tour company.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My 10-year old son needed to complete his open water Scuba certification and we decided to do that with Vallarta Adventures. Before we left on our trip, I contacted them to figure out what would work best for our group...we had 3 certified divers, my son finishing his open water and another 12-year old that wanted to do a Discover Scuba dive. Jens, the dive master, worked with me to recommend trips and make sure we could accommodate all of our needs. He was wonderful to work with and answered all of my questions quickly.

Our first trip was for all of us to go to Las Marietas. We boarded a big catamaran with about 50 snorkelers and headed out on the trip. It was crowded and a little chaotic for a first time open water diver but overall, it went ok. Raphael was great with my son, the equipment was in good condition and all was fine. The visibility wasn't great and the water was cold, but that certainly wasn't their fault. My 10-year old was able to successfully finish his first 2 dives. Lunch on the boat was good and the staff entertained us on the way home.

The second day my 10-year old and I went to Los Arcos. This time we were on a much smaller boat with only scuba divers. Roger, the dive instructor and Israel the dive master were both very good. The visibility was better but it was still pretty cold. They did their best to make us comfortable but there is only so much they can do!

Overall, I thought Vallarta Adventures did a nice job with Scuba diving. I never felt unsafe (which is saying a lot for a mom diving with her 10 and 12 year old sons!) and I would definitely dive with them again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,668)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"coffee plantation"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our family LOVED our day-long tour on Offroad Adventure!! We had the most amazing tour guide, David T! He was so knowledgeable, very fun, gave us a real taste of Mexico!! We saw little towns, a very interesting nature hike, had some very exciting off-roading in the cool open-air truck, and visited an actual home, very remote and without power... the woman was hand-making tortillas, and we all had tacos there with them...truly a great experience!! Wonderful lunch on the beach, and some beach time.. GREAT day!!! Our family group had an age range of 16-74, and we all thought it was fantastic! I can't recommend it highly enough! It's pretty remarkable when in just one day you feel connected to a tour guide, but we all did, and it was sad to say goodbye...

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our trip was 2/19-2/29. We bought a package of three excursions while we were visiting Nuevo Vallarta. We stayed in a condo at the marina and took water taxis to Vallarta Adventures. (Taxi included in excursion fee.) The first excursion was to Marietas Island on a catamaran. On the way to the islands we were able to see some whales playing in the water (which is a whole other tour they offer) and they were beautiful! We were given life vests, snorkel gear and also the option of wet suits (which I suggest because the water was a bit cold). We snorkeled/swam into the hidden beach and was even shown a small cave that you could snorkel through and come out into the beach again. Poncho was the greatest guide! I am not a fan of the water and was a bit afraid but he was very assuring. He took my husband into the small cave, which sounds like its own adventure! After pictures and some looking around, we swam/snorkeled back to the boat. We took a bit of a tour around the island on the boat and went to the sister island and was able to snorkel, paddle board, swim, and hang out on the boat. We were served a great buffet of food as well as ever-flowing drinks! The staff were serving everyone drinks and kept them coming. They were sure to follow the rules of no alcohol until you were done in the water. On our way back in we had a pod of dolphins playing in the wake, hundreds of them! We were gone from start to finish from 7am-4pm. Excellent way to spend the day. Oh, and when you are there to check in, make sure you go up the stairs next to the gift shop, you can see the dolphins and their pools. This was very exciting to watch other people swimming and playing with the dolphins. We also watched some of their training. Very cool experience!

1  Thank Hiedi B
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is the second time I took the Las Marietas trip with Vallarta Adventures. The staff and boats are fantastic, no worries here. You start out with a continental breakfast at their land facility, then you board your boat and head out. We saw a lot of birds on the way and it was very late in the whale migration season and we were very lucky to see a number of wales jumping out of the water, and a mother and calf. At the islands the snorkeling is good, but I actually enjoyed the kayaking and the beach more. The lunch is fairly basic, sandwiches, pasta and green salad, but it definitely fit the bill. The blue and yellow footed boobies (rare birds that only live here and in the galapagos) were a great treat to see. The only negative thing I would say is that if you are a snorkeler that enjoys free diving, for insurance and safety reasons you will not be permitted to snorkel without a life preserver. There is still a lot to see and do, but for the person that free dives, this is a detractor. I would absolutely recommend this trip, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Daniel B
See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We took the Sea Safari adventure where we go horseback riding to a waterfall, snorkeling, then eat the best food I have ever had on a remote beach, all by speed boat. It was gorgeous to see puerto vallarta by sea. The guides were so good, knew their stuff, and made sure we were always safe. Our guide even went back to the beach when we were on a boat to get a tourist's forgotten cell phone. My guide's name was Nelly and she was a lot of fun with great energy. When we got back to port, my husband dropped his Burt's Bees into the water and a worker retrieved it for him, to our surprise. Great customer service! I highly recommend this tour if you like adventure. Tip the guides nicely as they tip everyone who helps along the way with the horses, the cool , the waiter/bartender, the photographer, and the driver. They all work hard for our enjoyment.