“Delicious quality mexican food”
Review of Fajita Republic

Fajita Republic
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed in paradise village and on our last night we were looking for a local mexican restaurant where we didn't have to pay the $20.00 cab ride to go into town. This place was recommended by our concierge and it turned out to be amazing. The atmosphere was nice, service was great, prices were very reasonable, and food was delicious. We only wish we found this place a lot sooner because we would have eaten there a lot more.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

We were staying at the Villa Magna condos and were told that Fajita Republic was walking distance maybe a half a mile down the road. So at around 7:30 we set off on our first adventure. It was a very pleasant walk and we were pleased how it cooled off for the evening. We arrived at the Fajita Repubic after walking maybe 15 minutes and were told there would be a 45 minute wait. So a few of us sat at the bar and the younger girls sat on a cement bench and tried to be patient. We bought the girls a round of virgin strawberry dacquiris during our wait. We were finally seated at about 8:30 and had a nice table near the back of the restaurant. They serve complimentary chips and salsa so we cancelled our appetizer order of queso and chips. My husband and I split an order of chicken fajitas and it was plenty filling for two. We each had two tortillas filled with chicken, peppers,onions,etc. Everyone enjoyed their meals and those that did not split a dish brought home leftovers. We really enjoyed the ambience of the place with the unique lighting. The prices were reasonable and we really had hoped to return a second time but on our last night after trying to make reservations it was not meant to be. I would highly recommend this restaurant to families or big groups. ( One tip and one warning about this place: Bring bug spray and beware that the bathrooms are very rustic.)

Reviewed March 12, 2010

Good place to eat in hotel zone of nuevo vallarta, short taxi ride from our resort at mayan. This place had wide selection of fajitas as expected, those come with salsa sampler plate. One of the best chicken fajitas I've had. There was also a musician/singer playing peppy tunes during dinner - fn place to be!

Reviewed February 9, 2010

My girlfriend came to visit us in our condo for a week so we took her over to the Republic for some sizzling fajita's. We all enjoyed the atmosphere in the evening. Service was prompt and friendly. Started with the guacamole and chips which really hit the spot. Next we had the flaming fajitas, no problems there. The assortment of toppings were plentiful and fresh. Our bellies were full but I just had to have the deep fried ice cream, a huge favorite of mine. It was good but I was a little disappointed that they cut it in four. I've always expected it to be in a ball with whipped cream and maybe a cherry.......like a very popular downtown restaurant in PV. There is a singer in the evening that makes his rounds to the various tables who can really sing. He is a pleasant man but somehow it made me a little uncomfortable to hear him say that he works on tips and "would we like to contribute?" Maybe I was tired? I understand that this is Mexico but after a day at the beach I didn't want to be solicited again. We have gone to other restaurants in the area where there was a singer and that person entertained from a area where they had a tip container and when leaving we dropped something in. I don't know, maybe i'm wrong but it didn't sit right with me. In saying that, we did purchase a cd and we would definitely go back to the Republic.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

Ate at Fajita Republic last week with 5 others. Several of us had their Fajita's-the best one's I had compared to the 5 other restaurants we ate at. Flaming cast iron plates, with lots of fixings-rice, beans, cheese, guac, etc. Others in our group had fish/steak entries, and everyone was very pleased. Strawberry Margarita's are a little pricy, but still make my mouth water thinking of them. Service was a little slow at times-they were very busy, but when we asked for something, we always received it. We will definitely be back. Meal for 2, drinks, and appetizers approx. 600 pesos or $50 american.