My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night and it was frankly one of the most horrific experiences of our lives. It started at check in which lost our reservation. The receptionist was rude and unaccomodating. After that decable was sorted out we decided to check out the lunch buffet. The food had a vast variety of mediocre to horrible options. What about having a few good things instead of dozens of awful things? We enter our tiny room which besides the throw pillows had two shabby but usable pillows on a rock hard bed . There was no water in the mini bar. The floor felt filthy on our feet. No balcony, 3 shabby towels in the bathroom, i could go on and on. The pool was filled with screaming kids and adults. An assortment of obese people covered in tattoos were swarming the place which i guess is what happens when you stay all inclusive. The adult pool was okay except the chairs were cheap and plastic. We had dinner at the italian restaurant which had one waiter serving 8 tables. The food was not up to par. My boyfriends mahi mahi was flavorless and rubbery. My chicken was edible but nothing to write home about. Breakfast the next day was okay. During checkout busses full of native families with 6 kids each piled off the buss. The lobby was mayhem, and all i wanted to do was checkout and put this memory behind us. We left to spend the rest of the week down the street at the Grand Bliss which was like staying at the taj mahal after leaving the Occidental. This place is great if you have 6 kids, prefer food quantity over quality and are used to staying in less than stellar hotels. I guess for the money you shouldnt expect a four star experience. With that said this is NOT a four star establishment. It puzzles me how it has such high ratings. Perhaps im spoiled but i would rate it 2.5 stars at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel