This is a solid 4 to 4 1/2 star hotel
Flew westjet, no cpmplaints there
Checkin was painless.
Room, put us in 538, directly in front of the elevator. I said I would give it a try for the night but would ask for a move in the moring if I couldn't handle the noise. It was too loud for me so sure enough they moved us to 112. Very nice lower floor room with patio. No complaints about this room at all. Very nice comfortable, clean, updated room. Firm yet comfy bed.
The Timeshare people. These people really ticked me off. Without me getting into a lot of deatil I'll just say they need to go. I tried to avoid them but they just wouldn't take no for an answer until I got rude. Didn't want to do that at all. It was bizzare how aggresive they were.
Food, very good.
Booze, very good.
Staff, I have never found staff as friendly and helpful as at this resort (timeshare people not included)
Beach and pool, very good, never had a problem finding a longer or grass hut to chill under.
Location, very safe with a mall across the street.
Demographic, mostly families and older folk. Not a party place at all. Very relaxing
Activities, plenty to do, Night shows were entertaining.
My only complaint is lack of balconies and the timeshare staff.
I really need a balcony so I won't return on that alone, but if you can live without a balcony and don't mind telling the timeshare people off then I would highly recommend this resort.
They are currently building a new theatre and a adult swimming pool. I was also told by a staff member that they are transferring all the lower level rooms with patio's into club member (timeshare) rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel