Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
$294
$246
$169
  • Beachfront
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$385
$311
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$276
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$70
$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$289
Cancelon
  • Pool
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
$762
$629
3,771 results
All reviewsroyal clubfirst clubla haciendale buffetitalian restaurantmall across the streetadult poollounge barsmaller resorttime sharevacation clubthe general managerspecial thanksocean viewrecommend this resortall inclusive resortnightly entertainment
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This review only applies to the Royal Club. It is an hotel within a hotel. The amenities at this recently renovated hotel are first rate. We booked thru Skyauction at a ridiculously low rate. The food, service and drinks combined with very attractive accommodations could have easily commanded twice the price

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lawnorman
Reviewed November 28, 2012

we just returned from occidental grand nov 3. this was our second time to occidental, and fourth trip to puerto vallarta.our first time to occidental was before thier renovation, and the staff, the pool and the food was enough to bring us back. the renovation was a total success as the resort is like new.as before the staff was amazing. erik, and ricardo in the buffet were tremendous. they made us feel so welcome, and thier service was to be commended. we cant wait to get back there next year just to visit with them. carlos, the front desk mgr was professional and very friendly, and handled any need or problem with a smile.the drinks at the beach bar were fantastic. the food was amazing at the buffet, and the italian restuarant as well. we will repeat this vacation as soon as we can. we also went on the vallarta tours sunset sail and it was a great time.the boats crew jairo,reuben, and johnny were very accomidating and fun. we met a great couple from chicago,kit and laura, and made a lasting friendship, which added to terrific memories from this trip.dont forget to parasail when you are on the beach. all in all we are going back to occidental soon, and would recomend it to all.

Room Tip: the building is constructed so as all the rooms face the ocean, and if you crack your window open a little, you can listen to the ocean to lull you to sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank labber1000
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came here for Thanksgiving and we had a very good experience.
The staff is really friendly and all of them speak very good English, although we were happy to practice our Espanol.
We were particularly impressed by the friendly professionalism of Arnulfo, our server at the Italian restaurant Olivos. He definitely could be working at French Laundry in Napa Valley... Made our dinning a great experience!
Another highlight from the staff was Menahen at the front desk. Always accommodating, ready to help you with a big bright smile!
Great staff at the Olas Bar by the beach / pool too.

The cons: Most rooms don't have balconies and you usually expect them in a beach resort.
It is not the Hotel's fault, but the Nuevo Vallarta beach in front is not clear or blue nearby as well as the sand color. Up in Punta de Mita to the North and in the far south we saw prettier water color. However, the water was a wonderfully warm temperature for swimming.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LRoss18
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just arrived back from this hotel. I found my vacation was very disappointing. The food not not good and not plentiful when compared to other hotels I have stayed at. My son and I got sick from the food. There was little to no entertainment at night, really boring..... We had to change rooms because we, initially, got put in room 226 which was close to a huge ice machine. This machine made ice every half hour and when the ice drops it sounds like the whole ceiling is caving in. This kept us up all night. There is construction going on right now which was another annoyance. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many other hotels to stay at that far exceed this one for the same price or less.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor! That's where the ice machine and it will keep you up all night! When the ice falls it sounds like the roof is caving in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Keith P
Sandra Alcázar U, Social Media Coordinator at Occidental Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for writing us on Trip Advisor. I’m truly sorry to hear that your stay fell so short of your expectations. I’m particularly concerned by your feedback on the food. Please know that we work with an international food inspection company in order to ensure that our food and handling of it meet safety standards. We have not had any issues with food poisoning. I will be reaching out to you directly via TripAdvisor so that I can share the details of your experience with the Food & Beverage Manager.
Our Executive Chef is always working on ways to enhance our dining options. Currently he is revamping our menus and adding more fresh buffet options with a larger variety. I’ve shared your feedback with him to help in his culinary planning.
I apologize for the discomfort you experienced with your first room and the ice machine, though I’m happy to hear that we were able to find another room that worked out. I’ve shared your comments with our Maintenance Manager, who is looking into ways to prevent ice machine disturbances from happening in the future. Regarding the construction, we are currently building an adult only pool. The work is now finished. I am sorry for the annoyance this caused you.
I was surprised to read your feedback about our entertainment as our Fun Club team offers a different show every night that includes traditional Mexican dance performances, talent shows and more. I’ve discussed your review with the team to see if there are ways we can enrich the shows.
It saddens me to know we failed to show you an amazing time. I do hope you will visit again after the adult-only pool is completed.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

So First the Good:
The food was good and plentiful. The service from the kitchen staff, cleaning staff was great! The entertainment staff was friendly and good. The kids had a series of activities to enjoy. Our youngest enjoyed the mini club.
The bad:
The administration of the hotel SUCKS! They make promises which they do not keep, like the upgrade we were supposed to get to an oceanview room, and the connected rooms we were supposed to have with our kids. THey promise you one thing and do not deliver, and when you try speaking to their manager, well, he/she is NEVER available, always OUT TO LUNCH, and not figuratively speaking!!!! Literally!
THe worse:
There are no terraces, balconies, or anything like that to dry your bathing suits. NOw this poses a HUGE PROBLEM when you are at a beach sight and need to wear them wet every day because they do not dry. I took three. We were there for five days, and even the one that I used the first day was not fully dry until the fourth day; etc.
ANd what is saddest is that it is an architectural error which cannot be mended. THis would be a big deterrent for me in going back.

Room Tip: Book only if you can get a lowest floor room so you can have a door to hang your bathing suits to dry, but as I said before, even this will not guarantee you will get because they do not deliver what they promise, even if you bring it in writing, which we did!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family