It is a smaller resort (aprox 300 rooms) but that doesn't matter to me. It only seems small if you are used to staying in resorts where there are thousands of people. I looked over many reviews before deciding on this resort. Most were positive and I took some of the negatives with a grain of salt. People had complained of kids in the pool, crowded,but then you have to consider the time of year you are travelling. I saw the pictures and was hopeful those where our rooms but thought maybe they were just showing the royal club rooms. I had a very easy check in and said I was hopeful to be higher up. The clerk said they were full but he would be more than happy to help me the next day. When we got to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very modern, spacious and clean. Nice bathroom with glass shower. Why would I want to upgrade with rooms like this. There are no balconies but it didn't bother me as I don't spend much time in the room anyway. I would drink my coffee sitting by the ocean. I thought the food was really good, there was a great selection which should suit anyones needs, even for those who like plain bland food. The fruit was amazing. The service from all the staff was excellent. I was having trouble trying to figure something out to buy wifi, when a man came up to me to help. He was very kind. When I asked him his name, he told me he was the assistant manager of the hotel. He never hesitated to help me. I would observe the people and could see how hard they would be working. The beach was beautiful, nice and clean, big sandy beach, plenty of chairs. I was so impressed with this resort and would go back again. You weren't harassed too much by the vendors but of course they will walk by. I loved the tattoo man, he was very kind. This is his living so I thought, why not, what's a henna tattoo to me, where it can feed his family. My only complaints, but maybe a blessing in disguise (as it kept my 13 yr daughter active instead) was the lack of internet. We got 15 min per day thru westjet, and on the last day I purchased 24 hrs for $12.00. It would be nice if they stocked water everyday as that is the only thing I had a problem with. I stayed in a 5 star there 2 years ago and this resort was far better. I travel a few times per year and would highly recommend this resort. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel