Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
$186
$160
  • Pool
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
$672
$554
$265
$223
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$426
$319
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$341
$275
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$238
$181
$353
$114
  • Beachfront
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
  • Pool
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,749 results
All reviewsroyal clubfirst clubla haciendale buffetitalian restaurantmall across the streetadult poollounge barsmaller resorttime sharevacation clubthe general managerspecial thanksocean viewrecommend this resortall inclusive resortnightly entertainment
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am a Travel Agent and I recently went to the Occidental Grand NV to see the updates that they had done on the property making it a Grand catagory now. It was very nicely done and the staff was so friendly. We stayed in the Royal Club, which does give you lots of extra bennifits, like eating in the specialty resturants every night, room service, and private beach area with cabanas. We were in a 1 bedroom suite which was beautiful. The bathroom was amazing. At one end was a seperate dressing area and the other was a glassed in room with a big walkin shower and seperate bathtub. In the middle was a long vanity with 1 sink but lots of room. The toilet was in a seperate room also for privacy. The only thing that I could find that needed to be changed was the lighting over the vanity. It was very dim, almost impossible to put on make up in there. I had to take my mirror to the dinning room table to do it. It wasn't so bad since the view from there was amazing! The furniture through out the unit was very classy, beds were good. Rooms had safe, and small refridge which is always a plus for me. I did a hotel tour while there and did see all the units, so if you are going on a budget and can't afford the Royal Club the satandard units are very nice also. Same furnishings just smaller units. The food was good, and good varity. We had room service on our first night since we had a long travel day. It was very good, and fast. We also ate at both specialty resturants while there and both were exceptional. The Italian was my favorite, beautiful decor. Very romantic setting. We went for our Anniversary and the staff made it very memorable creating us an anniversary dessert. The beach is a beauitful wide sandy beach with lots of chairs and palapas for shade. The beach bar is close by for a cold one, what more can you ask for. I would absolutly stay there again. We had such a nice time we plan on going to other Occidental properties in different locations.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank islandtrvl6490
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for week just last week for the 5th time since 1998, and the improvements have really updated and brought this resort to a higher standard for sure. For the most part staff were going out of their way to make our stay comfortable and memorable.
Bonus - Reasonablly priced opportunity to up-grade, but it may not be necessary if you do not spend allot of time in your room. We met many folks who did not and were having a great vacation.
Buffet - many choices, and fresh food for sure ***with lactose free and soy milk as well as gluten free options!! Do no worry if you cannot get into the al a carte as the best views are from the buffet - sunset, plaza where local artisans present and the entertainment.
Royal Club - the upgrade was paid at the resort and gave us additional options for more comfort and a higher level of service including room service, conceirge, private al a carte, but all beach and pool comforts remain the same. Tipping may be optional but is very appreciated by the kind staff. What goes around - comes around for sure.
Beverages were great and of quality at the bars and night lounge.
The resort has not competed all renovations, but I antisipate more good things to come! I will return to Occidental in Nuevo.
Email me with any questions.....

Room Tip: Upgrades are availabe and reasonable in price.
3  Thank luv2fly
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week.It was really great.We don't normally do all inclusive, but enjoyed the food and drinks which were available all day.We had a nice meal in the Italian restaurant and were offered another in the Mexican.The rest are served in the buffet where there was lots of choice.The beach was sandy and very clean.There were plenty of sun beds. All of the staff were excellent and made you feel very welcome.You are 'offered ' a time share pitch but can refuse.It takes about an hour and a half and you are 'rewarded ' with a free day trip or gift.It's worth mentioning that you are offered a courtesy room at the end of your stay for later flights.If you opt to keep your room -as we did- the charge is $55 us.The other charge here is for internet which costs $10 a day.
The rooms all have televisions.
We would do this holiday again.

2  Thank amblesidebab
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights all-inclusive. I usually do not do all-inclusive but I enjoyed their food. We found out though that during our short stay we were only able to enjoy the on-site restaurant twice due to hotel restrictions. The first night we were unable to get a reservation at either restaurant due to no availability. There is a specific short window of time daily in which they take reservations for that evening, we found this to be inconvenient. Your only other option is to eat at the buffet for dinner or go off premises. The food at the buffet was very good for the most part but no comparison to the dining experience at the restaurants which were quite good.

I have stayed in this area before and prefer to be closer to Bucarios and love Punta de Mita. Shopping at the mall here is a benefit as well as the location to sport fishing but I have decided not to return to this area again. I have stayed at Paradise Village located down the street on two other occasions. Very noisy now but great for kids and I always enjoyed their wonderful spa. I did not like the fact that the pool closes at 8pm as do most of these hotels and that there is no jacuzzi. The jacuzzi they do have is used only if you are a "Club" member. I would highly recommend that you pay for this upgrade when you make your reservation. This entitles you to exclusive use of a private room with bartender, Internet, snacks, lounge chairs, books and a restroom. In the evening you can play cards with your friends or lounge in this quiet, nice air-conditioned room. If it weren't for that upgrade I would not have liked it here nearly as much.

For all of you tourists that are afraid to travel in Mexico that's great for us that know better and you can travel elsewhere. I feel safer there than walking the streets of my neighboring town or anywhere in LA. I would live there seasonally in a heartbeat. Puerta Vallarta is one of my all time favorite destinations along with Playa del Carmen, Punta de Mita and anywhere in the West Indies. Bon Voyage!

Room Tip: Downstairs equals smokers due to only rooms with a patio. The smoke from one room seeps through the vent. We were awoken at 6am daily from the smell of cigarette smoke,Yuk!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suzette
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We just returned from a Sunquest sell off vacation and we just need to write a quick review. Front desk check in was quick and efficient. Food was very good and service was excellent! Bar staff was great.
And the nice young lady who served refreshments pool side is an asset to the Hotel.

Would stay again. Do not care for the Time Share pitches. The Hotel need to replace the pillows.

Room Tip: Beds are very firm, pillows ...not so good.