I stayed at this hotel for four nights all-inclusive. I usually do not do all-inclusive but I enjoyed their food. We found out though that during our short stay we were only able to enjoy the on-site restaurant twice due to hotel restrictions. The first night we were unable to get a reservation at either restaurant due to no availability. There is a specific short window of time daily in which they take reservations for that evening, we found this to be inconvenient. Your only other option is to eat at the buffet for dinner or go off premises. The food at the buffet was very good for the most part but no comparison to the dining experience at the restaurants which were quite good.
I have stayed in this area before and prefer to be closer to Bucarios and love Punta de Mita. Shopping at the mall here is a benefit as well as the location to sport fishing but I have decided not to return to this area again. I have stayed at Paradise Village located down the street on two other occasions. Very noisy now but great for kids and I always enjoyed their wonderful spa. I did not like the fact that the pool closes at 8pm as do most of these hotels and that there is no jacuzzi. The jacuzzi they do have is used only if you are a "Club" member. I would highly recommend that you pay for this upgrade when you make your reservation. This entitles you to exclusive use of a private room with bartender, Internet, snacks, lounge chairs, books and a restroom. In the evening you can play cards with your friends or lounge in this quiet, nice air-conditioned room. If it weren't for that upgrade I would not have liked it here nearly as much.
For all of you tourists that are afraid to travel in Mexico that's great for us that know better and you can travel elsewhere. I feel safer there than walking the streets of my neighboring town or anywhere in LA. I would live there seasonally in a heartbeat. Puerta Vallarta is one of my all time favorite destinations along with Playa del Carmen, Punta de Mita and anywhere in the West Indies. Bon Voyage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel