“Turtles”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We loved the food and the service was the best of anywhere we went. Get a table by the water so that you can watch the turtles.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's - La Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you very mucho for choose Mariscos Tino's, your opinion is important for us will we keep working hard to improve

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We recently tried Marisco's La Laguna for the first time after many trips to Puerto VAllarta. The service and atmosphere was fun, but the food was a little disappointing. I ordered the marlin fish tacos, and they were strong, in an offensive way, and I had to add some of my hubby's cole slaw to even finish them. Two people in our party order coconut shrimp, and although they were HUGE, they both commented that they enjoyed the coconut shrimp at the Fajita Republic better. The last person in our party ordered chicken fajitas, and he said they were good, but how can you mess up chicken fajitas. We were also approached by a relatively persistent time share person upon our departure.

2  Thank forrestIllinois
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Located right on the water, during the daytime you can see crocs and other creatures in the water below the restaurant. Outstanding seafood and service.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had the most wonderful lunch at La Laguna today. I walked right in without a reservation and not a time share person in site! I would recommend the shrimp stuffed avacado, it was over flowing with extra large shrimp. There was a pool of turtles that entertained me while enjoying my lunch. If you are in the time share resorts in Nuevo Vallarta, the shuttles or the ATM bus will let you off there

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been eating here for 15 years, first when we visited at nuevo timeshares later after we moved to the south shore permanently.
For the first time this week we were disappointed. We usually order the whole red snapper and are delighted. Thursday night we were told the fish was Sea Bass and they were out of snapper. We assumed it would be different but good. Wrong. It was an overwhelmingly strong tasting fish and not any sea bass I have had before. I love almost any fish which I eat 5 times a week ..couldn't eat this.
All 4 of us tried with no success.
Service was fine. Clean. Price reasonable but fish uneatable.