Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$324
Hotels.com
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$201
$150
$188
$182
  • Pool
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Breakfast included
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$168
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$186
$182
$136
  • Beachfront
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$466
$672
$565
4,826 results
All reviewsadult poolla botanadon emilianoswim up barmusty smellasian restaurantsunwing repbeach restaurantbuffet stylefamily poolpushed togetherpalm treesliquor dispensermain buffettowel animalsother resortsevery other day
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We stayed in Riu Jalisco for one week, it was my girlfriend's first trip to Mexico and second one for me and to be honest it was worth every penny. We were accompanied by a good friend of ours and everyone had a good stay. Some of the good things:

1. Friendly Staff. The workers at this hotel were very nice and were very helpful and made our vacation to a new level. Special thanks to Eduardo, you can find him at one of the 2 bars by the theater.
2. Food was diverse and tasty. Most food was pretty good, for an all-inclusive it was pretty good, definitely not outstanding but was very good. Only one restaurant that didn't feel like it met the standard is the Italian place.
3. Entertainment was amazing, there was a different show every night and good activities throughout the day.
4. The mini-fridge was very useful, you have to call reception to get it refilled but they usually do it quickly after the call and at any time.Unlimited beers
5. They usually have pretty good liqueur, you just gotta ask for it sometimes, like if you ask for Gin, instead of just getting the house gin you can ask for Beefeather.

The bad:
1. Friend had to be moved from his room because the air conditioner broke
2. It definitely helps to speak Spanish when going to this resort, most visitors were residents compared to foreigners, but this could be because of the time we went.(went in down season, end of August.)
3. The ATM machine ate our friend's card it was hard to get it back as it was a Sunday and the hotel had to contact the bank

However, most of these situations were dealt swiftly with by staff. If it wasn't for the hassles that our friend went through, I would give this hotel a 5 stars.

In conclusion, very good resort, we enjoyed ourselves very much and even through our hurdles, it was a very good trip.The pros outweigh the cons for this resort. Again, big shout outs to Eduardo

Room Tip: Get a room facing the center of the hotel, you get free wi-fi from your balcony at nay level if you do.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank SebastianYEG
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I was quite nervous heading here after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised!

Overall the resort is well kept and clean. The grounds are kept in incredible shape. The rooms could use a little updating. I was definitely not thrilled by the open concept bathroom; neither was my 14 yr old son I might add! A door would have been a wonderful addition. Also, in the family rooms, I think a coffee maker would be much more useful than the copious amounts of alcohol. The rooms were kept very clean, I wish I had caught our maids name, as she was wonderful! First time we haven't felt like we must lock everything in the safe. I left jewelry/electronics out without an issue.

The food was definitely a high point for us. My kids and I have celiac disease, which requires us to eat a gluten free diet. My partner has many other food sensitivities. Chef Jose and Antonio made sure we always had many many options, and I can't express enough thanks! The waitstaff was always very friendly at dinner. Danny took great care of us, as well as a couple other servers. Unfortunately they were not so friendly at breakfast, often leaving us to find our own coffee, and other drinks, condiments, etc.

The pools and beach were kept pretty clean. Unfortunately the beach was not what we were expecting, but I think we've become beach snobs along our travels. The water is not clear, sand is not soft.

I was surprised by the hotel not accepting American money. Not that I blame them with the current relations with the US, but it was a surprise. If you're traveling from Canada, you do not need to exchange for American as everyone used to! They will exchange Canadian.

We did the polaris razor excursion. It was a lot of fun, but they gouge tourists, and don't supply transportation to the excursion. Apparently something to do with a taxi union. Had I not already told the kids we'd be doing this excursion, I would have waited a until we went to a another destination. I wouldn't recommend doing excursions here, although fun, not worth the money or stress of cabbing.

There were a lot of locals at this resort, something I've never experienced before. Definitely made things a little louder, and not as English friendly- which I know, I'm in a Spanish speaking country, I should expect there to be a language barrier, it's just never been to this extreme throughout our many travels.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa Y
Reviewed August 18, 2017

My husband and I stayed at this this resort back in April. I am just getting around to my review now.

Honestly, I cannot think of one negative word to say. The absolute best part was the food. We ate at the Italian, Mexican and Oriental places for dinner and they were great. It was very easy for the two of us to get a table, we never had to wait. I could see that bigger groups were waiting but a table for two was very easy to come by. All the restaurants had it set up so that you went to the appetizer buffet after you ordered your main course. They also had dessert buffets for when you were done. The lasagna at the Italian place was amazing! The buffets had plenty to choose from and never got too busy. There was a buffet in the main building for breakfast and lunch and then another one by the beach for lunch. I can't imagine anyone not finding something to eat here.

The swim up bar pool was a ton of fun. Bring some ones for tips - those bartenders work hard! This is a great spot to make new friends and have some late afternoon cocktails.

We took out the kayaks one day. It was a little wavy but still a lot of fun. The ocean water is a little darker than the Cancun side of Mexico but we still saw some fishing swimming around. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for a long ways in either direction. There are beach vendors selling all kinds of fun stuff - mangos on a stick, dried fruits and nuts, all kinds of souvenirs. There are also souvenir places right next to the resort on the beach. No need to go to town your entire stay. Plenty of beach chairs and the sunsets were amazing!!

We were on the 5th floor so we did quite a bit of walking up and down the stairs. I could see this being an issue if you don't like, or can't, do stairs. We ate and drank all day so the couple of extra calories we burned doing a few flights of stairs was probably a good thing. The only set of elevators were next to the lobby and our room was as far away from the lobby as possible. Just something to keep in mind if you have elderly folks or little kiddos in your group.

We will for sure be back to the RIU Jalisco and have recommended it to some of our friends. Don't hesitate to book here - you'll have a great time!!!
'

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed August 18, 2017

2nd time in 3 years and both times I give it 5 stars. Love this place. Entertainment staff made us have fun! Oscar and Gil are awesome! So was everyone else I just remember there names. Went with three other couples and had a great time. Hotel is clean! Watched someone cleaning the light poles at 6 in the morning. The bathroom by the pool....you walk through sand to get there and so there is sand on the bathroom floor. Until you leave the bathroom then a worker always comes in right behind you mops the floor. Everytime! The drinks are always good. Carlos and Gilbert we're our bartenders at the pool bar and made good drinks and good conversation. Food is good. Always something to eat. Never went hungry and never didn't like something I ate. The night shows are entertaining. Loved Michael Jackson! Used the kayak and boards, fun! Played beach volleyball everyday. Played horseshoes, darts and air guns. Always played the pool games. Everyone is so nice. Never encountered anyone who wasn't nice and smiling. Going back again for sure. If you go, tip! I always had a pocketful of 1's and tipped everyone. The girl mopping the bathroom, the room cleaners, the people serving your food, bartenders....everyone. The least I can do for these people is give them a little money. They make your vacation! The people leaving bad reviews must have gone somewhere else. Both times I have been here it's been amazing! No complaints at all. Go have fun. Drink, tip and play games. Get involved. I convinced some people to play pool games and they didn't want to at first but thanked me later for making them. It's fun in the sun!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
7  Thank Brandon P
Reviewed August 12, 2017

As a family, we have traveled multiple places over the years, and half of those trips have been at a Riu resort. With those experiences in mind, we expected the same level of class and excellence here.
Sad to say, I did not find it.
The resort itself is beautiful; not too big, not too small, and plenty of space on the beach.
There are multiple restaurants which do not require a reservation in advance, which we really enjoyed.
The buffets are good, as are the restaurants. We ate at the Chinese, Mexican, and Italian; we found the Italian to be our favorite. Unlike the other two, this was a buffet and had an a la carte menu. We avoided the steak/grill house because it only offered outdoor seating, and in 90% humidity the last thing we wanted was to sit outside to eat hot food.
The rooms were simply OK, although we only spent time here to rest, shower, and sleep; AC blows cold, the fan is helpful if the AC gets too strong, and all the rooms have a balcony.
Safe is included at no charge, which is a nice touch.
The free wifi in the lobby actually extends towards most of the resort, and even works perfectly if you sit in the balcony!
Beds are acceptable, pillows are miserable, bringing your own sheets is highly recommended. Rooms have 3 prong 120v outlets, so no converter is needed for American travelers.
What we found very tacky about the rooms is that they did not feature a coffee maker, a radio/alarm clock, or a bathroom door. The toilet has its own room, whereas the shower and sink are part of an "open bathroom plan". Not a huge deal, but if traveling as a family, i suggest doing a little engineering and bringing spare linens and rope to make a little cover between the room and bathroom.
The beach itself is very nice, better than expected. Water is warm, sand is a mixture of mostly soft and a little rocky. In the ocean itself, the sand is very soft and reminiscent of Cancun. The water is clear, but the golden colored sand does not offer the same crystal clear view to the ground as you find in the Caribbean.
The unbearable: LOCALS. LOCALS. LOCALS.
This specific hotel, for whatever reason, is a haven for locals; especially those with large families. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, look elsewhere. We came in the beginning of August when it was less crowded, and we still were shocked at how this hotel looked more like Disneyland on a Saturday.
This place was overflowing with families of 5 and up, with the majority consisting of small children. The "adults only" pool was anything but, as the kids found their way over there as well. The ocean was nice enough that we never had to set foot in the pool filled with loud and drunk people.
If it were not for the friendly and amazing staff, namely Fernando at the front desk, we would have immediately left elsewhere, preferably Riu Palace just a few resorts to the right.
We were 2 families of three, and although we didn't have much trouble past the first day of finding a table during lunch/dinner, (breakfast was usually very empty) we did have to wait almost every time we went to a specialty restaurant. The drinks at the bar were hit and miss; we always tipped and even still did not always get a good mix.
Night entertainment was mostly boring and we did not stay for any of the shows past ten minutes.
As for the sports bar, if you come in any time after 6, expect drunks and questionable characters hogging up the food, drinks, and pool tables. Felt like a shifty bar on the side of the road.
All in all, the fun we had together by enjoying the beach and the food made up for all the negatives.
We STRONGLY suggest doing the Mike's Beach Club excursion. For the price and experience you get, you cannot go wrong. Emilio's crew was an absolute top notch team of entertainers and hosts.
The excursion was $65 per person, very inexpensive compared to others, and contained the following:
You arrive at a small port minutes from the hotel and await the yacht which sets sail at 9AM. You have an open bar, small continental breakfast, and snacks. About half an hour into the ride, you stop for snorkeling at an open ended cave. When back on the boat, you are given delicious Mahi Mahi tacos. Another half hour or so of passing by the town, and you arrive at Las Animas beach. This is a small stretch of Cancun-looking beach with several little restaurants, and you spend a few hours here. Included is zip-lining, an obstacle course, kayaking, and body boarding. Around 1:30 you are given lunch buffet, which is tacos with rice, beans, guacamole, etc. Also open bar for the most part. The only complaint was the CONSTANT little boats turning on their engines and driving around swimmers, making noise and unpleasant smells of gasoline and smoke.

Overall, Riu Jalisco is a realistic 3/5 when you weigh the positives to the negatives. Just be sure to go in the off season or suffer the consequences of over-crowding.

Room Tip: 6161-6164 are top floor, middle of the hotel, directly above the start of the pool/lobby entrance. perfect ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank gameraghajani
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Jalisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to RIU Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to give us your constructive and valued feedback. As a service-oriented hotel chain, we really appreciate your positive comments about our staff. Furthermore, we are glad that you enjoyed the time on the beach and could relax there.

We regret to read that you were not satisfied with the guest room amenities and our nightly entertainment. We will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

Regarding your comments about local guests visiting our resort, we are sorry to read that you had the impression that the hotel was not as quiet and pleasant as it was during the week. As you mentioned, it is possible that on the weekends we receive more local guests because it is when they have some days off and are more likely to visit the hotel, but we would like to clarify that we work very hard to make everybody feel comfortable and to maintain a high level of quality and service every day of the week, including the quality and quantity of food at our restaurants.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

ClubHotel RIU Jalisco