5,457 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers clubjacuzzi on the balconyoceana restaurantsugar reef barcoco cafecondo ownerssky barvilla magnaroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed December 23, 2010

This was our eighth trip to an all-inclusive in Mexico and Dreams Villamaga ranks No. 1. From the staff, room, food, drinks, pools and the endless beach for walking it was one wonderful week. We were on third floor of the ocean view section and had no complaints. The jacuzzi on the balcony is a nice touch in the evening after a day in the sun. This was also the first resort where we didn't have to wear a wrist band or make reseverations for dinner and that was another plus. For a couple somewhat past middle age this resort was what we were looking for, fairly quiet but with enough to do if you wanted. Except for one day trip we never left the resort and enjoyed every minute of our seven-day stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jerrypetoskey
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We have just returned from a week at Dreams Villamagna and had a wonderful stay. For our background, we have stayed at many all inclusives in Mexico, Bahammas, Cuba, and St Lucia. This was our first trip with our children ages 4 and 8. The one thing I really enjoyed about this hotel, is that it is located on a long stretch of beach which you can walk for miles on. Every morning we would walk the beach and collect sea shells and such. The kids loved that. We even got to see baby turtles making their way out to sea. Now on to the hotel itself. It has a different feel to it for an all inclusive. I think it is because of it's affliation with the condos which are part of the complex. It's not necessarily bad but just different. You did not have to wear bracelets which I really liked. Some of the people enjoying the complex did not have "all inclusive" priveleges unless they purchased day passes. When you ate at the restaurants they asked for your room number and sometimes when ordering drinks. There are three pools but only one is heated so everyone that wanted to swim in the pool spent the day at the pool closest to the lobby. We usually started out at the beach boogie boarding, building sand castles, etc then moved in to the pool later. One thing that would have been nice is if they had a playground for kids and a "waterpark area for kids with a couple of water slides. Really missed this as this would have helped entertain the kids a bit. It took my kids a will to warm up to the idea of going to the Explorers Club but once they got into going they really enjoyed it. You register you kids then when you drop them off they give you a cell phone so if your child wants you or has a problem you can come get them quickly. The ladies at the club were great with the kids. My youngest said it was his favorate part of the trip.
I really enjoyed the 24 hr room service. We are early risers so we ofte order coffee for us and fruit for kids to tide the them over till the restaurants would open.
The restaurants were excellent. I really enjoyed the fact that they had lots of mexican dishes. We enjoy hot food so this was great. The staff at all the retaurants were great. Thanks out to Fernardize (I think that was your name) who greeted us every morning at the world cafe. Your hospitality was wonderful.
We had a mountain view room on the seventh floor. I loved the view, the mountains are beautiful and you can also see the bay off to the side. The rooms look exactly as advertised and I would like to thank America our room attendant. She had a big job cleaning up our room with two children and she did a wonderful job of taking care of us and also making sure we had wonderful turn down service. The bed are very comfortable. Not the usuall hard as rocks beds at other resorts in Mexico.
The entertainment staff was great. Thanks out to scuba Lisa for setting us up on our Calettas tour. Great advise. Anyway this is getting long winded.
So to sum it up, beautiful hotel, clean, excellent staff and service. Very good food and good drinks. This is a quiet hotel in a very nice area so If you are looking for relaxation this is a great place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2010

My husband and I wanted a very intimate private wedding on the beach, no stressing over flower arrangements, colors, wedding party etc. We had excellent service from the beginning to end, room was great, check in was easy and the atmosphere was gorgeous!!! What made this wedding absolutely perfect... The wedding coordinator Estephania was AMAZING!!! She was so calming and made everything as easy as possible. I was concerned about the quality of pictures we were going to get as you never know until you arrive to the destination. The photographers Salvadore and Simon were simply the best crew we could have ever hired!!!!! Salvadore has this amazing talent for bringing out beauty, intimacy and humor to make the perfect wedding photo package. We couldn't have been luckier!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This was the first experience in Mexico for my wife and I. We travelled with a group of friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. After 10 days I can honestly say I have no complaints. I found the accomodations to be clean, and exactly as advertised. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The restaurants were well serviced and the food was excellent. I would like to say that where ever you go it is the individuals who work there that make it a positive or negative experience. Specifically at Dreams, we found that certain key individuals went out of their way to make our stay special:

At the Marlin Bar:
Juan Vazquez
Carlos Medinci
Roqelio
Victor

All of these individuals gave us excellent service. However Juan literally felt like part of the family before we left. He was a consumate professional, friendly, responsive and he above all else made my 40th birthday celebration a night to remember.

I would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sardonicon
Reviewed December 16, 2010

My husband and I spent 10 days at the Dreams Villamagna. We went with a group of friends for my friends fortieth birthday. The experience was wonderful. The night of his birthday we were adopted by Juan Vazquez at the Marlin bar. He helped us arrange a group of tables and we celebrated all night until the bar closed. After that it was our regular hangout and as soon as we showed up we were given very special treatment. The other Marlin barmen Carlos Medinci, Roqelio and Victor also helped to make our evenings special.

During the day Monica by the pool kept our drinks fresh and she always had a cheery smile and a story to tell us. Before dinner Oscar at the Lobby bar would get us warmed up while we waited for our group to gather.

Every morning I would head down to the World Cafe for breakfast and the Omelette ladies were great. I must say that I got hooked on the fresh made omelettes. For dinner our favorite was the Portafina (italian) the cheese buns are awesome and the service was great. We ended up eating here about 4 times. The sushi in the sky bar was fantastic.

I loved the beach it was a little far away but I enjoyed the walk and I have experienced the same at other resorts so I did not find it a problem. The boogie boarding was a blast and there were no shortage of boards for all of us.

Negatives. We were told that we would be getting Ocean view rooms and we did not. The room that we had had some problems. The tub was missing a drain plug. We tried to communicate that for about 3 days before we gave up and used a towel. The condos offer alot of shade and the sun does not really hit the pools until after noon. The pool closest to the ocean was pretty much unswimmable because it was so cold. They should possibly invest in heating this pool as well. The bars close early at 11PM except for the sky bar which is open til 1PM, I think.. At the skybar one of the group got kicked out because of dress code. The next night it seemed that the dresscode restrictions changed because we saw other people up there with board shorts.

Over all we loved the resort. It was not too crowded so we could always find locations to lounge. All of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. We went on three excursions and they were all fantastic. Thanks to Monica with Timon tours. We loved the Pirate ship on Canadian night (Tuesday). We especially enjoyed our River Canopy tour and ATV, it was the best. Lastly Las Calletas is beautiful but the day is too short. I could spent another few hours. You cannot squeeze in all of the activities with the time that you have.

• Stayed: December 2010