My wife and I went to Dreams for a vacation to celebrate our anniversary and had the most wonderful and romantic vacation. The staff makes every attempt to ensure that you are having a great time and are completely satisfied. This hotel is very new and the rooms are very modern and clean. We liked the large tub that fits two very comfortably and the outside jacuzzi. Maid service was consistent everyday and the minibar was always fully stocked and turndown service performed nightly. The bed and sheets are comfortable but nothing out of this world.
The pool is absolutely beautiful and for those without kids the adult pool is a relaxing way to spend time without any fuss. The pools that allow children are very large and well kept. Staff members do certain activities but there is certainly no pressure to participate. Poolside drink service is quick and the tips are appreciated but certainly not necessary every round. The only thing missing is there is no swim-up bar but it is not really missed as much as I thought I would. The hotel was somewhat busy and it was great to see that there were always plenty of chairs by the pool both in and out of the shade. Also the Spa is of the highest quality. I liked that my wife and I could have a couples massage and still enjoy the hot tub, steam room, and sauna together both before and afterward.
The food is good. It is better than a typical all-inclusive but if you are looking for gourmet meals that will not happen everywhere. The theme nights are a little cheesy so we mainly went to the restaurants. We loved the sushi bar on the roof. It is a really nice place at sunset. The selection is good and very fresh but if you are looking for anything exotic beyond the typical salmon, tuna, eel, shrimp you will be disappointed. We also enjoyed the Italian restaurant Portofino as the quality of the food and selection was excellent. Even the Mexican restaurant, El Patio was a pleasant surprize. We were a little disappointed by the selection at Seaside Grill but it is still worth a try. Also Oceana was nice but another shrimp or scallop dish would have been appreciated.
This hotel is nice because it is close to the airport but going to downtown Puerto Vallarta is a bit of a ride. It takes about 20 minutes and a cab ride is a no worries $20 consistently. We went out a couple times but I would not necessarily recommend this hotel for those who want to go out every night. There are other hotels around and security is pretty tight so Dreams is very safe. Everything is a ride but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
We were at the Dreams in Cabo last year and this property is clearly superior in my opinion. Many of the restaurants are similiar but the overall quality at Villmanga is something that is hard to beat for the cost. We would certainly love to return someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel