“Absolutely the best vacation ever!”

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My wife and I went to Dreams for a vacation to celebrate our anniversary and had the most wonderful and romantic vacation. The staff makes every attempt to ensure that you are having a great time and are completely satisfied. This hotel is very new and the rooms are very modern and clean. We liked the large tub that fits two very comfortably and the outside jacuzzi. Maid service was consistent everyday and the minibar was always fully stocked and turndown service performed nightly. The bed and sheets are comfortable but nothing out of this world.
The pool is absolutely beautiful and for those without kids the adult pool is a relaxing way to spend time without any fuss. The pools that allow children are very large and well kept. Staff members do certain activities but there is certainly no pressure to participate. Poolside drink service is quick and the tips are appreciated but certainly not necessary every round. The only thing missing is there is no swim-up bar but it is not really missed as much as I thought I would. The hotel was somewhat busy and it was great to see that there were always plenty of chairs by the pool both in and out of the shade. Also the Spa is of the highest quality. I liked that my wife and I could have a couples massage and still enjoy the hot tub, steam room, and sauna together both before and afterward.
The food is good. It is better than a typical all-inclusive but if you are looking for gourmet meals that will not happen everywhere. The theme nights are a little cheesy so we mainly went to the restaurants. We loved the sushi bar on the roof. It is a really nice place at sunset. The selection is good and very fresh but if you are looking for anything exotic beyond the typical salmon, tuna, eel, shrimp you will be disappointed. We also enjoyed the Italian restaurant Portofino as the quality of the food and selection was excellent. Even the Mexican restaurant, El Patio was a pleasant surprize. We were a little disappointed by the selection at Seaside Grill but it is still worth a try. Also Oceana was nice but another shrimp or scallop dish would have been appreciated.
This hotel is nice because it is close to the airport but going to downtown Puerto Vallarta is a bit of a ride. It takes about 20 minutes and a cab ride is a no worries $20 consistently. We went out a couple times but I would not necessarily recommend this hotel for those who want to go out every night. There are other hotels around and security is pretty tight so Dreams is very safe. Everything is a ride but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
We were at the Dreams in Cabo last year and this property is clearly superior in my opinion. Many of the restaurants are similiar but the overall quality at Villmanga is something that is hard to beat for the cost. We would certainly love to return someday!

There are newer reviews for Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Prior to departure, I read some of the reviews for Dreams Villamagna and became a bit concerned. One person commented that the family pool was extremely small and another stated that the food was so bad you would go home hungry. This is so far from the truth.

The pools were beautiful. The one's where we were with the children were big and not at all crowded. The wait staff were incredible...bringing Mai Tai's and Escobar's. Jesus and Ivan were great as well as another women who served us (cannot remember her name). I was always happy with the service and how they always asked the kiddos what they wanted too.

The beach buffet was very tasty. I am usually not for the beach buffet, but this one was very satisfying for the kids and for myself. The other restaurant's were excellent. I had the most tender fillet ever. The other food was awesome as well...wonderful soups, salads and appetizers. The calamari was wonderful. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food. It was great.

Security was always present and I felt very safe at the resort. Safety was not an issue.

As far as the location of Dreams, if you want to walk to town do not stay in Nuevo Vallarta. It is NOT walking distance to downtown... I am not sure why people do not understand this. It's about 20 minutes and $19-$20 each way by taxi. And, you don't want to stay downtown, It's just not pretty.

This was a wonderful vacation. I loved it. I would love to go to another Dreams resort very soon!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Visited Dreams Villamagna in July of 2009 with my husband and son. We changed our trip from Jamaica to Mexico 1 week in advance and were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival, the lobby area is beautiful, its only 20 mins from Puerto Vallarta airport. We were greeted with cool herbal infused cloths and cold drinks. Check in was a little long as there were several arrivals at the same time but we were taken care of fairly quickly. The check in staff was okay, but tended to get a little abrupt when there were a lot of guests waiting. We checked into our room which was beautiful, but on the 2nd floor so there was not much of a view. We asked to be moved to a higher floor and were moved the next day. The room was in a corner so it was larger and very nice. We were on the front side of the resort with a garden? view but it was beautiful. We faced the main road into the resort but had not 1 complaint about noise AT ALL. The security staff was extremely attentive to the guests needs and requests. They made sure that all guests were orderly and respectful of others. The resort was SPOTLESS at all times, our room was made fresh daily with lots of towels cloths and toiletries refreshed daily at our request. The shower was wonderful the bathtub is separate as in the pictures (go to the site) and there is a curtain that separates the bath area from the sleeping area. I loved that.
The toilet is also enclosed separately. There are jacuzzis on the each terrace, sliding glass doors and ceiling fans in each room. It was amazing. The beach was just okay as it was the rainy season and the water was sandy but definitely swimable if you chose. We were on the beach very little but at the pool every day. The Explorer's club for my son was a hit; he was there or at the pool all day long. The pool was very shallow, so we never worried about him even though he's a swimmer. The food was always delicious, we tried all of the restaurants except for the Sushi bar on the roof, which seemed to be where people went at night. The food was fresh, and if there was something at the buffet that looked like it had been there a while because people did not want it, the staff replaced it quickly. The mexican restaurant had and A/C issue, but it was still pleasant enough and the food was really delicious. There was not too much entertainment, but that's not why we went there . We did some activities off the resort, ATV/Tequila tasting, a sea safari on BanderasBay (lots of fun). My husband and I also visited a restaurant our last night there in Puerto Vallarta (La Langosta Feliz - The Happy Lobster) it was recommended by Kimmi, our guide on the Sea Safari. The food was fresh and DELICIOUS. There were vendors on site a few days and they are NOT aggressive at all. There was one gentleman there doing paintings with spray paint that were so amazing it was hard to believe it was spray paint. I may post the picture later. I did have a pedicure in the spa but I wasn't impressed. Although tips are supposed to be included it goes a LONG way if you tip the staff. We were treated like royalty the whole time. As soon as they saw our family enter the buffet or restaurants at any meal or as soon as my husband or I went to any of the bars, the staff was falling over each other to accomodate us. We were not huge tippers either, pretty modest I must say. We even tipped the a couple of the Explorer club staff that treated our son like he was their own. I am writing this review a year after I was there and the memories are still vivid. I would go back in a heartbeat. We chose to visit Dreams in DR this year and are hoping for the same experience. There are several bars on the premises of course and we liked the one next to the buffet the best. Our barteneder there made WHATEVER you wanted and it was delicious. I don't drink and he made me the most delicious mojito without alcohol. I loved that place!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We spent 5 nights at Dreams Villamagna in June 2010. We had a great time...the resort was clean, the pools and beach were gorgeous. Every staff member was friendly and helpful, giving us exceptional service throughout our stay.

On arrival we were greeted by a very welcoming front desk staff. Daniel was very helpful and welcoming. The concierge Horacio was highly competent and efficiently made sure we had anything we needed. We spent a lot of time relaxing at the Sugar Reef bar by the beach --the staff there were friendly and always offered us drinks before we asked. Our favorite staff member of the trip was William--he was fun, friendly, and accommodating. Drinks were plentiful and we were offered far more than we could ever drink. Staff came by frequently to ask if we needed anything.

Food--we are pretty low key when it comes to dining, but enjoyed dinner at Portofino, Oceana, and El Patio. Breakfast/ lunch were average at the buffet, but as with all other areas the service was excellent and made up for it. Ask for a Mexican Coffee at one of the restaurants...its quite a display when they make it.

Cons: It was a little remote and far from any night life. It was a hot cab ride to get to town.

Overall PV was a great experience, with the exception of the pushy time share guys in the 2 rooms you walk through on your way to the taxi area at the airport. The time share guys pay extra money to be in those first two rooms to try to get your attention and sell you a timeshare. They'll ask you what tour company you are with then say "yes, that's us, come over here." Don't answer, just walk straight and say no thank you and you'll get through no problem. After you walk through the 2nd room you'll see the taxis and the tour companies holding up the signs you are trying to find.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

We stayed June 3-7, 2010 and had an amazing time. The hotel was impressive from the start. When you arrive you are greeted with a warm hand towel to wash your hands and a mimosa refreshment. From that moment on, the pampering begins!

The staff are wonderful and are ready to meet your needs. They are energetic, helpful and tasteful.

The rooms are very nice and have wonderful amenities. We upgraded to the Preferred Club and was worth it! We were surprised with a turn down service each evening when we would walk in our rooms. They would place fresh single flowers and create something on our bed with the sheets or towels! The rooms are clean. There is an in room safe which we utilized. We felt completely secure at this resort and with our belongings left in the room.

The preferred beach was somewhat disappointing, but on a minimal scale. From the pictures we thought it would be more secluded, but it is right off the infinity pool sectioned off by rope with wonderful fine sand and seating. I would still upgrade though, because it is nice to have a view of the beach without going on the beach! :)

The other nice thing about it was that there are no wristbands, just know your room number!

Although, this is a family friendly resort, we as parents too, did not notice too many kids around and those that were it was not disturbing. We went to get away from the kids for a few days and were completely satisfied with how everything was ran. They do have a kids only explorers club that looked nice and would definitely consider putting our own kids in if they come with us the next round. There is an adults only pool and hot tub right off the lobby stairs and that is nice.

They offer daily activities for everyone all day. They end it with a nightly feature for the adults usually starting around 10pm for the opportunity to go out in town.

The spa is amazing, very happy with it and the services provided! Loved every aspect of it and would highly recommend!

The gift shop is reasonably priced and the exchange rate was on par with the airport. We never exchanged our US currency to Pesos, never really needed to.

The food=good!!!! We loved the options and the Seaside grill is super yummy! Enjoyed the World Cafe, which is a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Portofino Italian was good as well. You will never go hungry at this resort!!!

Dreams, it is a dream that came true for us and would certainly recommend this resort to anyone that wants pampering, luxury, relaxation and fun on the side!

2  Thank Livinglifewith4
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with an amazing trip, and that's exactly what we had! Neither of us have stayed in an all-inclusive resort before, so I was a little concerned with dining, as we are both strictly gluten-free. However, all of the staff were so accommodating and generous, it was never an issue. And the food was wonderful!

My tip: always try the drink of the day! Each was so refreshing that I wish I knew what was in it so I could make them here. Also, trust the bartenders. Once I asked for a pina colada, which they decided was too boring, and mixed up a tropical concoction, and I have never had a better drink.

Everyone at the resort really wants you to have the perfect vacation, and they certainly achieved it for us. On our last night my boyfriend proposed, and the staff helped us celebrate properly!

I can't imagine a better place to visit, and I know we will be going back for years to come!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Our main compromise at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa is to create memories that will last a lifetime in all of our guests. We really appreciate your comments; all of them are seriously taken in consideration in order to improve our services. Thank you very much for your compliments to our staff, they do their very best everyday to keep all of our guests enjoying of these beautiful days at our resort. Be sure all of the Food & Beverage team will also know about your excellent comments. It was a real honor to host such a special moment in your life; we wish you the best!
We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.
It is a pleasure!
Alexis Sariñana
Quality Control Manager
Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 23, 2010

The Dreams Villamagna was a fantastic resort. The staff is great from the events to the food to the bars ! Pools are great and were never to crowded. The rooms was just as described with the Jacuzzi on the balcony. We went when another couple who we did not know were getting married and it was great to meet new friends from different parts of the country. Favorite part of resort was the Sugar Reef bar. Jesus, William , Antonia and all the other staff were very friendly and attentive. How can you beat lunch on the beach !

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation experience with us, and be sure we will express your compliments to Diego, Ivan, Corona, Nadia and Freddie. Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in this your home away from home in the near future.
It is a pleasure!
Alexis Sariñana
Quality Control Manager
Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#16 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!