“Great Time at Dreams”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Time at Dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Dreams Villamagna June 12-19th. The staff is amazing and some really stand out. Diego the bartender at the lobby bar. You will not find a better person or service from anyone at this hotel. Stop by and have a dirty Monkey, a Horrnito’s margarita or a bloody Mary. The entertainment team does a great job of getting people involved even if it is just one of their crazy games. Ivan, Corona, Nadia and Freddie are all great energetic people. The resort itself is beautiful, the rooms are just like they show on their site and they are very clean an comfortable. The grounds are immaculate and they are always maintaining them. The beach is soft sand and you can walk forever. The restaurants all serve amazing food. Even though this is a family resort their were not may children there and the ones that were you did not really notice. I think the one thing that makes this resort stand out is the service. Everyone from the bell hops to the check in personnel want you to feel relaxed and at home and they succeeded... Thanks for a wonderful week......

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeffrey w
DreamsVM, Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation experience with us, and be sure we will express your compliments to Diego, Ivan, Corona, Nadia and Freddie. Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in this your home away from home in the near future.
It is a pleasure!
Alexis Sariñana
Quality Control Manager
Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband stayed at this resort & absolutely loved it!! The staff was very courteous, the rooms was large, clean & very nice. This is a modern resort & we really enjoyed that. The bathroom area in the room is a little "different", but not that big of a deal - you get used to it!! The food at the resort was good - no complaints. We liked the fact that they have three pools & one is Adults Only - that's the one we were always at! The drink service around the pool is a little slow, but there is a bar right there & you can always go up & get your own. The "pool police" can be a little annoying....if you get too close to the water with a drink, they tell you to back up. When I had my drink, I either lounged on my chair or sat on the edge of the pool & kept my drink behind me. They just don't want you to take the drinks in the pool - trying to keep the pools clean.
The staff did a good job of coming around asking if you wanted to join in on activities, but if you said no, they didn't push you.
We truly enjoyed our time here & we are returning again this November. We're looking forward to another fun week at Dreams Villamagna!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa0913
Thank you for your excellent review about Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa; it was a real pleasure hosting you. We appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback about the services and facilities of our resort. We will give your compliments to all of our staff. Be sure our Food and Beverage Manager is working with his staff to improve the drink services in our pool.
We are pleased to know that we have accomplished the goal of having one more of our special guests satisfied; we are really excited about your return visit on November.
It is a pleasure!
Alexis Sariñana
Quality Control Manager
Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

This was our first trip to Nueva Vallarta and I just wanted to say that we had an absolutely wonderful time at Dreams Villamagna. The food, entertainment, staff and atmosphere will be one that we will never forget. The staff was amazing, especially Carlos. He was our waiter at El Patio and we went back for the food, but mainly Carlos. He always had a smile on his face and was very kind and caring. He's got a really good soul. He really needs a pat on the back for being such an outstanding employee. Even when dinner was held outside during the outdoor events such as Mexican Day and I think it was Caribbean Day, we always asked to be seated in his area. My many thanks to all of the staff, but my applause is for Carlos. Carlos, we will be back like we told you. Take care and we'll see you again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Clarkston, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

I loved my stay here. The rooms were beautiful, the food wonderful. I couldn't have asked for better service from the people who check you in to the people who always kept your drink filled whether at the beach or pool. It really took "all-inclusive" to a new level. I enjoyed my time there and will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Loved the whole Hotel, everything was beautiful. The staff were the best! So helpful. My husband and I were getting out of the taxi, and my husbands wallet fell out of his pocket and the vallet attendant seen it and grabbed it for my husband. Saved us alot of hassel. We were there for our honetmoon and upon arrival we were greated with champagne, we also had a bottle in our room and the next day we got another one. it was pure fantastic!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was always skeptical about Mexico, but Dreams VIllamagna totally changed my mind.
Don't listen to any bad reviews about this hotel, everything was absolutely fabulous!
ROOMS
We had a tropical view room, which was better for privacy. The view was still very nice as you looked over the downtown of Puerto Vallarta, all of the hotels and all of the palm trees. Our room was huge (for 2 people), the bed was soooo comfortable, and we got fresh towls and linens everyday. There is no bathroom really, just a curtain which divides the room, but that didn't bother us, maybe it would be weird for a family with older children. The hottub on the balcony was the best, we were in it every night. Our fridge was always full of drinks and room service food was really good.
POOLS AND BEACH
The adult pool was where we spent most of our time, it was nice and quiet and the staff always had our drinks full. The beach was really nice as well, the sand got really hot though. The water in both the pool and the ocean was very warm and the waves were huge and fun to play in.
STAFF AND EVRYTHING ELSE
The staff was awesome!! Check in and check out was fast and easy.. they had activites and games throughout the day such as poker, blackjack, volleyball, scuba lessons, "crazy games" and so much more. Drinks were always full, at dinner the service was great (and the food was so good, we have been to AI's before but this food here was so much better). Every night they put chocolate and a list of the next days activites, weather, and anything else going on at the resort ,in our room. There was so much to do there, we took the bikes around Neuvo Vallarta, played tennis, had massages.. you could definitely have a great time and not even leave the resort.
OUTSIDE THE HOTEL
We spent a few days out of the hotel, and I would definietly recommend getting out there and seeing Puerto Vallarta. We rented a car one day - went to the mall (which was very nice), went to Walmart (just because I had to go to a Mexican Walmart), and went downtown Puerto Vallarta to go shopping. It is very safe here and there are tons of tourists, so you don't feel out of place anywhere. It is a very clean city and the people are very friendly. The driving was a little crazy( a lot crazy actually), but my husband enjoyed it. We also booked a few adventures through Vallarta Adventures. We swam with the dolphins, which was awesome!! We also went on a day boat trip to Las Calantes - I snorkled with a sealion while my husband went scuba diving. It is such a cool place. There is resturants, a nice beach, hiking trails and swimming area, if you book with Vallarta Adventures I definitely would say to do this trip. On the way out they take you along the coast and show and teach you about parts of Puerto Vallarta.. Oh and the staff on the boat are so fun!
I could write forever about how great this trip was and will definitely be going back. Thanks to all the staff at Dreams, you all were so good.. So if you're looking for a super fun and yet relaxing vacation, this is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LOVE2TRAVEL0107
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

We usually don't stay at all inclusives and I have to say, I was not dissapointed. Quality of food was good. Service was outstanding. Rooms are new and very clean. Great Spa...and I have been to many... Pools are very nice and the beach is very clean.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,411 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!