5,606 results
All reviews world cafe el patio seaside grill preferred club entertainment team tropical view sushi bar explorers club oceana restaurant jacuzzi on the balcony coco cafe sugar reef bar condo owners sky bar villa magna frosted glass fire show
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

As a family we had an amazing time at the Dreams Villamagna!There was many at activities to do and with the help of Xiomara, Jonathan, Mateo, Ricardo, Tachi, y Ernesto it was fun and we felt welcomed!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Fernanda G
Dreams V, Econcierge and Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our resort. We hope to have the honour of welcoming you again in a near future to make more remarkable memories with you.

Kind regards,
Irma Díaz

Reviewed August 14, 2018

this resort was amazing, my last visit in April I stayed in Puerto Vallarto , this time in Nayarit, was not disappointing.. Dreams Villamaga Resort staff were very attentive, always interractive with a drive and commitment to make sure our stay was most pleasant in every way. Staff were familiar with our names on the first day and greeted us by our names. We love the idea of not having to wear wristbands, which always made us feel like targets when touring the city
there was always available poolside side seating , pool staff readily available for your drinks.
Pool was amazing and large enough for everyone. The downside, no swim up bar...
The restaurants were simply great.. especially Portafino, Barefoot Grill and Oceana . I have never had a flank steak that melt in your mouth like the one served at Oceana. and the lamp chop service at Portafino. Both restaurants were top notch as well as the staff . the World Cafe lunch and dinner could use more variety. breakfast was always great
the concierge staff especially Lizeth and can say nothing wrong .. thanks Lizeth you were amazing. it was like we were friends forever .
Okay the downside of the resort for me was the entertainment which was not conducive to the 50+ . it seem to catered to children and families more. which was okay too, because it corralled them (the children) in one area away from the adults. (wink wink)
Dreams Villamagna is worth the visit and the money. Also a special shout to the most understanding Vacation club rep. (Maureen).. We really appreciated her patience and her understanding the reason for not becoming a member. things may have been different had we not been greeted so early into our vacation with the thought of making a lifestyle decision so early., I Recommend giving the potential customer and day or two to decompress from reality of home and work before introducing the thought of spending more money considering the average person has just save a year to take a vacation..... just an idea

this Resort is located just outside of Puerto Vallarto but close enough were the commute to the city does not break the budget . $6-12$ cab ride to almost any location or excursion . Very safe to travel anywhere

Room Tip: there are really no bad rooms the the city view was beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pirtlev

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Dreams Villamagna, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We truly hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again in the future so we can offer you the truly remarkable experience that you deserve. Please do not hesitate to contact us personally prior to your arrival, we will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Irma Díaz

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

The entertainment team was the best, they were very friendly, fun to be around, and made this experience life changing. Our favorite 3 were Jonathan, Mateo, and Xiomara!! They helped make this visit the best is could be!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank gabby i
Dreams V, Econcierge and Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you have invested in writing an overview of your stay with us. I will convey your review to the entertainment team to motivate them to keep providing an excellent service to all of our guests.

We hope to have the honour of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you with a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I and 50 of my friends and family booked a week long stay at the Dreams Resort in Nuevo Vallarta for my wedding. It was truly an amazing and magical experience.

First of all the Wedding Coordinator, Betzy, is on site and so wonderful! Betzy saw my vision, responded quickly to emails, and was extremely helpful and went above and beyond the entire planning process and trip to make my experience memorable. Not to mention when I arrived at the Resort she came to greet me and we had set up a meeting for the next morning to go over all the details, walk the property and event locations. I can't speak highly enough of how wonderful she is and how absolutely beautiful the venue was. We held the ceremony out on the private beach and had the reception in the ballroom. Days prior we had a 'welcome cocktail party' at the beach bar next to hammock area and the rehersal dinner was held at The Barracuda Restaraunt.
I sprung for the biggest package due to the amount of guests I had but I still think the price was extremely resonable PLUS, credits were granted back for the amount of people that booked their room at Dreams so I was given a discount toward the wedding.
I do believe even if you don't do the big package you'd still receive the best service.

I would recommend Dreams to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation and definitely recommend having your wedding or vow renewal there. It was a DREAM experience!

-Alexandra McGriff now known as Alexandra Gerard

Room Tip: We had the beach/ ocean view which is the way to go. The jungle view is in a seperate tower and not as nice
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank alexandraleighann

Dear Alexandra,

We would like to thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna as your host for your wedding. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I will personally convey your kind words to Betzy and the managing team to inspire them with your experience so we can keep providing an excellent service to all of our guests.

Consider this your home, where our doors will always be open for you and your family.
We hope to have the honour of receiving you in a near future, maybe for your anniversary?

Reviewed August 9, 2018

We travelled July 29-Aug 5th through Westjet Vacations. My son and I traveled with another family of 4. We are seasoned travellers, having visited Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo several times. We typically stay at the Grand Palladium Vallarta, but decided to try a summer trip to Dreams Villamagna.

We loved that the resort is only 20 mins away from the airport. The shuttle that picked us up had zero ac though and this was brutal. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and instructed where to place our bags and check in. Check in was good, although they did not accommodate our requests in rooms. My son and had asked for double beds and we got a king and a couch. They did offer to bring in a cot, but we were disappointed that they couldn't (or wouldn't) accommodate us. Our friends had two rooms requested to be side by side and this wasn't accommodated either. The resort is a timeshare and most of the rooms belong to them. There was a little pressure to attend a "special meeting" to get your resort credit. We didn't attend and they respected our choice.

The rooms are beautiful. We had a garden view and we overlooked the pool area and could see the ocean. We had no problems with water, ac or the fridge. I liked the way the ac and fridge we kept on all the time, which made the room cool and the drinks refreshing. The king-sized bed was super comfy and my son, who slept on the couch said it was ok. The room was cleaned daily and restocked with towels and drinks. The patio is huge, with a jacuzzi tub on it (we didn't use it). There is a tub, literally in the middle of the room. The only purpose it served was to dry our swimsuits at night . Shower is great, with two shower heads. Always had hot water.

There are three pools, and each is nice. All of the activities take place in the first pool. They claim that you cannot reserve chairs around the pool, but many did, There is security around the pool and they point out that there are no drinks allowed in the pool at any time. This is understandable, but a little inconvenient. All the glasses are plastic and there are no straws, as part of the conservation initiative.

The service is phenomenal. Special shout outs to Alberto (pool), Julio (pool), Angel (pool), Oscar (food service), and Hector (concierge). We were celebrating a birthday there and they went over and beyond to accommodate us...preordered food from Portofino, the adult restaurant, and they brought it into the buffet, with a cake and sang Happy Birthday to the newest 15 year old. They appear to really enjoy what they are doing and get to know you on a personal level. On our last day there, they brought over a piece of cake (for breakfast) with a "goodbye" message for us.

The food was the BEST I have ever had in an all-inclusive resort. Portofino, while an adult restaurant, had the best fettucini I have ever had.The breakfasts have a great selection of fruit, cereals, breads, eggs and bacon. The Mexican a al carte was sooo good, we went back twice.

Typically, we travel in November, so travelling in July/August was HOT. One of the best things about this are the amazing storms that happened each night. These thunderstorms light up the entire sky and cool off the day with rain. Go to the Gohan Sushi Bar on the 9th floor to watch the sunset and storm for amazing views.

The beach is well-kept and clean. Our kids rented seadoos three times (a little $) and the water was always bath-tub warm. Plenty of chairs all the time.

To be picky, the resort is lacking a good lobby, with an outside bar and a sports bar. I was missing the swim-up bar too, although the pool-side service (Alberto!) was amazing. There is a market along the first pool on Friday nights, but it is just so-so. We did go into Buscerias one night (dinner at The Fat Boys---yum!) and got a little shopping in.

The resort is small and we liked that. They service was outstanding and the food was superb. This is a perfect resort for families, with the Explorer Club for kids up to 12 and tons of activities.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the Ocean View. They are all partial Ocean Views.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Tanya H
Dreams V, Econcierge at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read through such a detailed overview of your visit to Dreams Villamagna. We sincerely appreciate the time invested on writing this review and we are glad to know your time with us was pleasant.

I will personally convey to our staff members your kind words to motivate them to continue providing excellent service.

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments about our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Econcierge and Social Media Coordinator