5,451 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers cluboceana restaurantjacuzzi on the balconysugar reef barcoco cafecondo ownersvilla magnasky barroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I almost canceled our reservation and changed to somewhere else, but ended up glad that I did not. We stayed 5 nights here and 2 at the Dreams PV, Liked them both. My husband perfered Villa Magna and I perfered Dreams PV, they both had there strong points and we were impressed with the Dreams chain. Here are some details and suggestions about the Villa Magna.....

Check IN: Quick, easy, given a drink,and cool towel by attentive staff, lots of good information from the bellmen. The only thing that I did not care for is the '$200 resort credit'. We had no problem getting it but would have been disappointed had it not been for other tripadvisor reviews, its not a credit, but coupons, $40 at the Spa etc.

Room: Just as pictured, very clean and new. The king bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the ocean view and felt it was worth the little extra, great sunsets to watch. Beer, Soda, and Juice was in the fridge. Safe worked well for our little cash. Room service was timely and good. Only complaint was no conditioner for my hair, bring your own. They did provide sunscreen rated 15 though and everything else you would expect.

Resort:: Really liked the size, not to big, not to small. Great pools, lots of chairs any time you wanted them, didn't do any activities but they were always going on.

Drinks and Bars: WOW! almost anything you could think of, real juices, any brand (good ones), great service everywhere. Biggest problem we had was them bringing us more drinks when ours were close to finished without asking, too much of a good thing. I did watch a bartender card a young man, I don't know what there age limit is but I felt they inforced it.
FOOD.... What can I say, we thought it was great. We did alacarte every lunch and night, never waited for a table with no reservations needed, Ivan was our waiter most of the time and took very good care of us. We loved the steaks at night and recommend the Seafood burrito for lunch. Portions are small but you can order as much as you want, surf and turf etc. Tipped most the time but felt we would have good service even if we never did.

Why my Husband prefered Villa Magna and a Tip: Endless, flat, fine sand beach for walking and bikes you can use. We really enjoyed the 4pm bike tour and then used the bikes two other mornings. It's a great 1/2 hour ride one way to Bucineras, take the road outside the hotel north, when it turns to dirt follow, when it turns to cobble stones follow, when it dead ends at a bridge, carry your bike over, you will be in the flea market for shopping with seaside bars and resturants to the west. It seems to be a nice little chilled town.
Conclusion: Enjoyed our stay and thought the hotel was a bargain for what we paid. The service was the best I have ever experienced anywhere. ;)

5  Thank carolynschut
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We stayed at the Dreams Villamagna resort, December 8th, 2009 thru December 17th, 2009 for our weddingmoon. My husband and I stayed here as well as the other 22 of our guests, we were married here on Saturday, December 12, 2009. I know before we came to this resort I read the reviews pretty religiously and I have to say my experience was pretty amazing compared to a lot of the other reviews I read. I know everyone has their own opinion in regard to expectations; ;but here at Villamagna all the staff was amazing. Always there to lend a helping hand no matter what it may consist of.

For those of you looking to plan a destination wedding, this is the place to do it. Specifically ask for Estephanie, she did an amazing job. She has a great attention to detail and is great at what she does, I highly recommend working with her.

Overall for food, like anywhere you have excellent and ok. I can say I had amazing meals and I had ok meals, however I would never say I had anything that I could not or would not eat. The food was always hot it meant to be hot, and cold it meant to be cold.

Accomodations, they were exactly as pictured, large, open and beautiful. Our view of the ocean was beautiful and sunny everyday. The maids were very good and cleaned everything emacculately. For an example they clean your shower will a small brush which almost looks like a toothbrush just to give you an idea. Our room had a few wear signs however I would not say it looked run down by any means, as to some other people's reviews mentioned. I truly enjoyed my stay, to the point of not wanting to leave.

Activities, daily they had a whole day planned for adults that is. If you have a child as I do, the kids club is great for them. Plenty of neat things for them to do which even included as sea lion show. As for out of the kids club, not a whole lot outside the pool or the ocean, but if you are down with your kids, like me, whose responsibility is it to entertain them? Mine obviously. My husband and I opted to scuba while at Villamagna. The training for a basic dive is roughly and hour training course in the large adult pool. Very worth the money. The following day after the training you take the Vallarta Adventures boat to either Las Merietta's or Las Catelas. We did the open dive off of Marietta's Islands, amazing. We saw hump back whales, scuba dove and had a wonderful breakfast and lunch. I highly recommend everyone to take part in this!!!! This made my trip, outside of the wedding and the amazing staff.

Luis, Estephanie, Oscar and Hugo my hats go off to you! You truly took the time to make our weddingmoon such a great and memorable experience. I recommend your resort to everyone I talk to.

Wedding photographer, I opted to bring in a photographer associated with Dreams to shoot my wedding. Her name is Erika and her company is InterPhoto. She did an amazing job and my photos are absolutely beautiful. I will include some shots.

So overall I recommend everyone either traveling, single, attached or as a family to give this resort a try, you will not regret it.

Again, I would like to thank everyone at Dreams Villamagna for making my wedding so spectacular!

7  Thank melmdoering
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Our group was at Dreams from 12-10-09 til 12-17-09, and I cannot say enough about this beautiful resort! The staff was excellent, very friendly, and did everything they could to guarantee the best stay you could have. The bartender Hugo in the main lobby bar is extremely knowledgeable of what drinks to serve you, especially if you are having trouble deciding. He has a great sense of humor that will make you feel like you have been best friends for a very long time. The bell man Hector is courteous, and offers a smile every morning that even with the worst hangover makes you happy to smile back. Ivan is one of the servers by the pool closest to the ocean, and makes it a point to learn your name. The staff if extremely excellent, and I plan on making a trip there every December as a tradition!

• Stayed: December 2009
5  Thank mistyfi77
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Hotel is not what you would expect based on what the hotel states on there own web page. Staff at pool was great and a lot of fun. Bartenders were wonderful. Could not get our room cleaned in timely manner and never restocked coffee and mini fridge. Talked to the concierges and front desk about this on a daily basis but noting improved. Concierge desk promised to do something special for our one year anniversary and never did. Don't keep promises they make. Food was horrible. Restaurants never open on time. Always 5 to 10 min. late opening because they were not ready. Guest fell during one of the fiesta nights and staff thought this was funny. Guest had horrible black eye from fall and could barely open her eye. Nothing funny about that. Women treated horribly. If went to lunch or dinner without hubby could not get waited on and would take asking for something 5 times before you would actually get it. If ordered a drink without hubby present drink would come with no alcohol in it. They want to be up to date, modern, and cater to all guests but if you are a women then you are treated like you don't exist. This hotel needs to learn that men and women are equal no matter what nationality you come from. Will never return and will tell all friends and family not to stay at this resort. For the money we paid we were and are VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

2  Thank seaya217022002
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Celebrated our 40th anniversary with children and grandchildren so we wanted an all-inclusive with activities for everyone with plenty of leisure and we got it. The staff couldn't be more eager to meet our desires. Though there were a few instances when lunch service was slow in getting out the meals, waiters such as Fernando and Aurelio were exceptional providing us service for lunch and dinner respectively. The latter was especially important to us since it was a special dinner on the beach. For this the chef made us a special meal due to dietary requirements and personally came to us to ensure that everything was done well (this meant a significant walk from the kitchen). The Explorer Club for the grandchildren was wonderful and they made a special party for our 1-year old. William, the concierge, was particularly helpful in ensuring that our stay was enjoyable by helping us with special requests. Were there some disappointments, sure, like not all restaurants were open at all times (probably because the high traffic season was not in yet), but that did not keep us from enjoying the good food and the great beach. We constantly received cold soup from El Patio, the Mexican restaurant, but the General Manager, Luis, assured me that the problem was known and the restaurant was being shut down for a short while to redesign the kitchen and improve the food service there. That kind of desire to constantly improve speaks well for the establishment and is the reason why six adults and four children (ages 1-5) came away with a wonderful experience of fun and leisure. Our kids made good use of room service and baby sitting as well.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family