Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$202
$150
$457
$188
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$324
$271
$343
$136
  • Beachfront
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$182
  • Breakfast included
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$168
$135
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$554
$211
BestDay.com
$686
$554
5,378 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers cluboceana restaurantjacuzzi on the balconysugar reef barcoco cafecondo ownersvilla magnasky barroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This resort is fantastic. I was a little uneasy myself reading some of the negative reviews. Some people must just be difficult to please.
STAFF- The staff at this resort are wonderful! They go above and beyond for you as their guest! The lobby bar is a riot of a time! It is the hang out place before and after dinner. Hugo and Alejandro are a blast and make great drinks. Top shelf liquors and beer! The housekeeping staff are right on. They do a great job! The bell boys are adorable and work really hard! I personally loved Jose who upgraded us to ocean front view for nothing because our room wasn't quite ready after we had gotten there and ate lunch. Carlos is also a sweetheart! The fun team is also energetic and friendly...richardo and victor!
ROOMS- Top of the line rooms. Cleaned to a T everyday. Flat screen TV, beautiful shower and bath, and awesome his and her bowl sinks. Bed is quite comfey! Mini bar was always stocked! The safe in the room is great too, very easy to use! Great ocean view from your deck! The suite is very large, no issues with space! Very modernized and beautiful!
FOOD- The food everywhere was absolutely delicious and top notch! Our favorite resturant was the seaside grill...for lunch and dinner. The service is right on there! The patio is also delicious along with the portifino, but they are a tad understaffed, so have some wine and relax and enjoy the scenory! If you like lamb chops...you won't be dissappointed at the patio, they are top of the line. The french onion soup and calamari are fantastic at the seaside grill!
DRINKS- They were always fabulous no matter what you ordered! Top shelf everything! Absolute, Bombay, Stoli, fab tequilas, carona...I could keep going!
POOLS/BEACH- The 4 pools were always sparkling! And they were a perfect temperature! The lounge chairs around the pools are very comfey! The beach is kept up nice, you can walk for miles in either direction to check out the other resorts! Cancun's beaches are more beautiful though. There are servers all around the pools and beaches to offer drinks. There are a lot of vendors around the beach that were fun to bargin with, but if your not interested they will leave you alone.
ENTERTAINMENT- I was a little bummed out when I saw there was no swim-up bar at this resort, nor a disco to have fun and dance at. Our girls week was still a blast with the people that we met at the resort. We would hang at the lobby bar until close which was a little early, 11 PM and then head into town and go bar hopping which was a blast...$20 cab ride though to and back. The sushi roof top bar was open till 1 pm. Didn't make it up there more than once, which I wish we would have. They always had live entertainment somewhere at the resort, whether it be at the sushi bar or on the beach.
OTHER- The condo owners keep to themselves, no issue there. I recommend this resort to everyone. It is truely wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank cintoash
Reviewed March 29, 2009

This was the best all-inclusive resort I’ve ever been to! I can’t express that enough! The staff was very courteous and treated us so nicely! We were never ignored…KUDOS to the ENTIRE Dreams staff! Thank you Sandra (reservations manager) for all your help too!

The resort was beautiful and very clean, the food and drinks were great, and the beach and scenery was awesome! Room service was excellent!

There were a lot of activities to do at the resort. The staff (Leo) really made us feel welcome and wanted us to participate in the activities. I enjoyed water aerobics…my friends preferred Tequila volleyball! We enjoyed our nightly stop at Rendezvous and visiting with Hugo too!

It was a great vacation and well worth the money!
Never a dull moment at Dreams Villamagna…

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank HeyJude21
Reviewed March 29, 2009

This way my husband's & my first vacation in nearly 8 years - so needless to say our expectations were not extremely high. We chose Dreams Villamagna as we were told by our travel agent that the hotel was bordering on being a 6 star with excellent service, amazing food etc. We paid nearly double of what anyone should pay for a 7 day holiday. The hotel was very beautiful and the staff was very friendly - but it was almost like a 7 day joke was played on us. The restaurants were NEVER open. They only open one or two at a time and your options are extremely limited for food. We paid for the variety & service & got neither. We would sit down for a meal (if the restaurant was open that night) and wait nearly 15 to 20 minutes for a waiter to come by, then another 15 for a drink, then another 15 for our meal. My husband started getting our own drinks at dinner & even served other tables!! The staff was trying very hard but the hotel was clearly understaffed. The first two days of our stay I returned to find our room had not been cleaned (5pm) & had to call to have the room cleaned. We never had clean towels & had to refill our own toilet paper. The fridge in the room was never stocked & my husband had to hunt for towels, toilet paper & water. My biggest issue overall was service. This hotel has a lot of bugs to work out. One thing everyone should know is that Dreams Villamagna is over half private condos. The condos were built before the hotel was - so how do you think those condo owners feel about having to share 'their' pools & facilities with thousands of tourists? Some of the condo owners were rude & unpleasant to be around. My husband actually got into an argument with one of the owner's who called security on us because his drink was too close to the pool. One other issue is that there is NO night life at this hotel - everything shuts down at 10pm. The reason being (again) is the private condo owners do not like the noise. I understand that a live band might be a bit much - but there's not even so much as dance bar inside. Think very hard before chosing Dreams Villamagna - if you don't mind paying an arm & a leg for limited food choices & lack of service (in every aspect you can think of!!)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MRCChilliwack
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed at the Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta between March 21-28, 2009. We were pleasantly surprised. All aspects of the vacation were very positive. The resort is a short 15 minutes drive from the Puerto Vallarta airport.

Bullet point comments:

(1) Staff:
Friendly, speak relatively good English, professional, trustworthy, accommodating

(2) Rooms:
Clean, spacious, new (December 2008), curtain between bath area and sleeping area, nice balcony with jacuzzi tub, wireless internet access, LCD flat panel tv (many US channels), king bed, minibar restocked daily, very good 24 hour room service

(3) Food & Beverages:
4 - a la carte restaurants - pretty good menu selection - very good portion sizes (not overstated), fresh
1 - buffet (World Cafe) - reasonable selection, good quality food, fresh, selection not as large as other buffets I have experienced (i.e. young children may not appreciate)
5 bars - good premium quality and local brand beverages (sushi on rooftop bar - Gohan)
Offer beach side romantic dinner - ask staff

(4) Recreation:
Several included activities and fee for service activities (excursions) also.
Night time entertainment good for adults and older children (i.e. music, dancers, contorsionists, etc.)

(5) Location and setting:
Right along Banderas Bay in Nuevo Vallarta
Beautiful scenery
Miles of sandy beach for walking both north and south of resort
Wonderful sunsets
Very quiet location - not really for younger crowd looking for partying
Great for a romantic getaway
Within walking distance of Paradise Plaza (small shopping mall)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kioritraveller
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Overall comments: The main thing that you need to know about this hotel is there are 3 or 4 big buildings with condos, closer to the beach and the hotel was actually going to be the last building of condos, but weren't selling, so Dreams bought the property and turned it into a hotel. The main picture that is shown of this hotel is a deceiving because you are not going to be "on the beach". You have to walk about a 100 yards or so to get to the beach.
The beach is beautiful and perfect for beach walks.
The resort had more couples then families.
There were not very many children at this resort, but they seemed to have a cool kids center. Most of the children I saw were under the age of 4.
This resort if sort of quiet, which I liked.

Rooms: Gorgeous. They are a good size and I loved the layout and style. I really can't believe that people were complaining that these rooms were "bland". If you aren't familiar with your traveling partner then you are probably not going to like the shower/toilet set up which is just a frosted glass door. We were on the "mountain view side", but if you looked to the left, you could see the bay. I would have preferred the ocean view. The mini bar was stocked everyday with a good selection of different kids of beverages.

Food: Overall, I wasn't a fan. The best place we ate at was Oceana. Seaside grille was good during the day for lunch and chips/salsa & guag. We ordered room service twice and that was good. We noticed that things on the menu were described totally different then how they were served. Also, if you ordered something twice, it came differently the second time. I thought the World Cafe Buffet was gross and my meal at Portofino was gross.

Drinks: The drinks here were great. They had a drink of the day and I loved trying it out. The liquor was good quality and they have a good selection of beer. The girls at the beach and the pool did a great job making sure to get a refill if you needed it.

Excursions: We did 2 excursions with Vallarta Adventures. Outdoor adventure was awesome. If you really want to do something exciting on your vacation, I totally recommend this excursion.

If the food improved, I would definitely say again.

Please send me a message if you have any questions. I would be glad to help you out.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple