“Great holiday ” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunderland
“Great holiday ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We flew from Manchester on the 10th if July, we stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks the transfer from the airport is only 25 minutes which is great after a long flight. We checked in at reception and got served a cold drink. We were then showed directions to our room we had a 2nd floor tropical room. The room was very big! It included everything you needed hair dryer and iron. It had a fridge which was filled daily it contained fruit juice , corona and a fizzy drinks and water. The balcony was also big with a jacuzzi.
The breakfast was great and had sausage bacon beans and eggs. There was also alot of Mexican style breakfast and plenty of bread , cereals and pancakes. Around half 9-10 the world cafe did get busy for breakfast and you had to
Que so i would recommend you went to the seafood restaurant just by the pool as it serves the same food just no Que. all other food is great during the day you can use the world cafe the snack bar or the seafood restaurant. We never used the world cafe which is buffet style. In the seafood the serve burgers , English style fish and chips ,burritos,salads, hot and cold sandwhiches , and lots more! They also bring out nachos to everyone with a hot dip! You get served in here. The snack bar serves burgers ,hot dogs , pizzas and fries! You can also help yourself to salad and nachos with cheese sauce. On a night we used the buffet world cafe once it was good food but not much variety. We used the other restaurants every other night. The steak bar was very nice and good quality steaks. The seafood restaurant was also very good and all good service. We went to the Italians once and ordered carbonara but it wasn't very nice this might he down to it being cooked differently to in England.we did not use the Italians again but there was a lot to choose from on the menu which was probably better. We did not use the Mexican restaurant overall I would say the steak restaurant was the best. There is a variety of bars during the day we used the bar down by the pool and nearest the beach it was very good service and most of the time they came to us on the sun beds and took out order and brought over the drink. Julio was very good and was always over to see if we wanted another drink. On a night we used the sushi bar it served great cocktails and the sushi was also very nice with a great view. The service in here was also very good! We booked our holiday threw thomsons they did not offer many trips , we booked a island trip with them
Which was good but a bit pricey. I would recommend the pirate trip ask the thomsons rep they don't advertise it but they do it , the night time on here was great ! The best trip we done was to vallarta zoo it we done this out selves we got a taxi there it took 1 hour and cost around £12 there and £15 back and we paid around £49 each for the gold package this included 2 drinks food to feed the animals a souvenir each and a t-shirt and also time in to play
With the monkeys and baby tigers and leapard this was well worth the money would definitely recommend.

Overall holiday was brilliant and would defiantly go back!
Thanks for a great holiday.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jadehaz
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you very much for posting your review and let us know every single detail of your holiday. All this feedback is really important for us and help us to still improving the service we offer.

We like you have enjoyed our welcome drink after a long trip and also the room with a beautiful tropical view as well as the breakfast options and all the different restaurants that offers variety of meals and gourmet options. I'm pretty sure your comments will be helpful for another people who read your review and will have another perception of what they can have in Dreams Villamagna. Most of the people is waiting to find this kind of comments in order to decide their next holidays and we appreciate your participation on this with them and obviously to let us know your feelings on your previous stay.

We would love you can consider your next trip with us and we'll have the opportunity to receive you as a repetitive guest and pamper you as you deserve it. Feel free to contact us anytime, it will be our pleasure assist you.

Best regards.

Quality & Guest Service Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
laredo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed 7 days the week of 4th of July. Had tropical view 8th floor which was Great since it would rain in the evenings and we sat in our balcony sometimes in jacuzzi. It was my husband, 6 year old granddaughter and myself. Food was very good always found loungers where we wanted the pools were never crowded ,we always had a drink in our hand it was just awesome. Our suite was prefect very spacious, we had requested 2 beds but only 1king size available they brought in twin roll away that fit perfectly between king bed and sofa. Beach was very clean as was the whole resort, employees friendly and ready to help. GREAT 4th of July celebration and of course the kids club my granddaughter loved the girls. The only negative would be that of the 2 elevators 1 was out of order and the other super slow and very hot.
We really enjoyed our stay that my husband and I are planning our next trip to Dreams Villamagna in a couple of months for just the two of us.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have awesome views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank chely16
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for your time to post your review and let us know everything about your past holidays with us. We are happy to know you had a great time and enjoyed your room and the tropical view and the jacuzzi time as well as the food and the entire resort and 4th of July celebration, our entertainment team made their best to indulge everyone there.

Regarding the elevator we am aware of this situation and we offer you our apologies for this detail, as you know we are always working to do our best and sometime we have to do this kind of thing in order to give the right maintenance to all our stuff and take care for the security of our guests.

I'm happy to know that you'll consider Dreams Villamagna for your next trip in a couple of months, feel free to contact us anytime prior or during your stay in order to have more enjoyable your time with us.

We look forward to see you soon.

New Freedom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this all inclusive resort for our anniversary. We do not have kids and this was a family friendly resort but kids were definitely not an issue. Lots of activities for everyone but also great if you just want to sit back and relax with a drink in your hand. The staff was amazing, super attentive. Rooms were really modern and huge! Our rainforest tropical view was pretty spectacular with the mountains and clouds in the background. One thing, the pillows on the bed smelled terrible. We asked for them to be replaced several times, which they did with no problem at all, until we found decent pillows to sleep on. Food was ok, not excellent, not bad. Overall I was very satisfied with our stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle C
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for your time to post your review and let us know your feedback for your past holiday with us.

We are happy to know that you liked our service, your room and the spectacular view from Riviera Nayarit, we are blessed to be part of this and have the opportunity to share with a lot of people who came and enjoy our resort.

I also want to apologize to those details you mentioned who was not completely satisfactory to you, this has been already took care for our specific departments and the persons in charge of each area will do the necessary to supervise that this kind of things don't happen again. Our main goal is fulfill our guests needs and we always work to do our best, that's why we appreciate your comments and be sure we'll still working hard to improve our service day by day.

I also want to take this opportunity to invite you to visit us on the near future and consider your next trip to Dreams Villamagna, we surely exceed your expectations as you deserve it. Feel free to contact us anytime, it will be our pleasure assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This resort is great for families. The pools are very child friendly with no swim up bar (which I personally love because those totally gross me out). The beach is outstanding. The sand and surf make the ocean absolutely accessible. The service is excellent and it is obvious that everyone there works very hard to offer excellent customer service. The food was marginal. The food itself was not bad, but the choices seemed very limited.

Because of that, we ventured off on the "Sip and See" tour of the NOW Amber Resort in PV. They offered us opportunities to venture off site and enjoy the hospitality at their sister resort. We excitedly made reservations at the Tamarindo Mexican Restaurant through the concierge at the front desk.

I can't say enough about the food there. It is some of the best Mexican and margarita's I have had- which says a lot because I live in Colorado. HOWEVER- when we got there, we ended up having to sit outside because we were never told that there was a dress code. Had we been alerted of that fact, we would have happily obliged by my husband wearing pants instead of shorts. Thankfully, they had a place for us to sit because the round trip fare is $40USD and it would have been a huge waste of money and effort on my families time.

Also, when we checked into the hotel, my husband surrendered his drivers license. I am not sure why, but those are the rules. When we left the hotel, we forgot to get the license. Who wouldn't with two tired kids and a few margaritas? When we arrived back to Villamagna, we were told by the folks in the lobby. But, there was nothing anyone would do to help us get the license back. When we went to talk to Felix the head concierge, he basically made it our problem that we forgot the license and either we pay for the taxi to bring the license to us, or we figure out our own way to get the license back.

So we decided to go back to the hotel because they had a hibachi/ Japanese restaurant which we thought the kids would love. We made reservations for our last night of the trip. We talked up the Hibachi to the kids, and were really quite excited about the food.

We all gathered into the taxi (again $40USD fare) and headed off. We knew to dress in pants since our first snafu, and were hungry and happy to get to the restaurant. When we arrived to the NOW Amber Himatsu restuarant, we were told that we didn't have reservations and couldn't sit at the Hibachi tables, but regardless, kids under the age of 18 are not allowed at the Hibachi tables. So, even if we did have a reservation, we couldn't sit anyway.

They sat us once again outside which in this restaurant was a sub par offer. We were extremely frustrated about the lack of communication between the two resorts, and ultimately the poor service we received from the head of concierge at the Villa Magna. We did everything we thought we were supposed to do, and in the end the information was never translated to us, or to the NOW Amber either.

This was an extremely frustrating and very disappointing part of our trip.

Aside from that, if you stay put on the resort, all should be fine. It was a wonderful place to spend some quality time with my family and the people there (aside from the head concierge) were amazing at what they do.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an oceanview suite. It is worth the upgrade based on the view you will have from the othe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for your comments during your stay with us, we always are open to receive all the feedback from everyone of our guests and that's how we ensure how we are doing our job.

Regarding your comments with our Sip and See program and the details you mentioned to us, we already investigate this case with our concierge colleagues and we would like to let you know that they did follow the right procedure with you. Beforehand I offer you my apologies for this incident that you passed during your visit.

Let me inform you that all our guest who decide to join our brother resort at Puerto Vallarta receive the following information.
- The first thing is call to our brother resort and ask the hotel availability to make sure you be able to enjoy everything we offer.
- Once we have their confirmation and they're able to receive our guests we let our guests know that they have to leave an ID on their arrival - hotel procedure. At the end of your visit you must go and ask for it.

The day you asked to our Hotel Concierge you left your ID he offered you wait for someone who can bring it to you or ask for a taxi and pay as the regular service. Apparently you had plans to go back another day to enjoy the resort again and you confirmed to him that was not a problem to you.

I'm really surprised to know that you made a reservation for a restaurant, as our unlimited luxury benefits our restaurants as well any of our brothers resorts don't accept reservations due to our policy, this information is always reminder to any of our guests since their arrival, I'm pretty sure you received this information upon arrival as well as our Portofino restaurant was only for adults (the only restaurant with this rule) the Hibachi in Puerto Vallarta has the same regulation and kids are not allow. On this cases we always offer alternative options if someone want to get their menu they can do it in another restaurant.

Once again I offer you my apologies if there was a misunderstanding on the information received, I already sent your very important review to our colleagues in order to confirm to our co-workers this information and make sure they give the right info to our guests.

As you mentioned this was the only detail during your holidays, I really hope you have another opportunity to visit us and give us the chance to make an enjoyable stay, be sure that we'll do our best to fulfill your needs and feel free to contact us anytime - it will be our pleasure assist you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Booked through Thomson to stay here in July 2014. Was slightly worried before we came and relied on other reviews to settle our nerves.

Can honestly say, it was an amazing venue. Rooms were lovely- the best out of all Thomson hotels in the area apparently. We never had a problem with getting sun lounger by the pool nor did we ever see one time share rep- both things were negative points mentioned in other reviews.

You get 24 hour room service and a mini bar with corona, cokes etc in- which was great. The restaurants were great a nice selection and the buffet was also adequate- considering I don't like buffet restaurants. We found that as we stayed for 2 weeks we did get a little bored of the restaurants even though there was loads to offer- so went out twice- Vista Grill and Barcelona Tapas. Both have AMAZING views of the bay and beautiful food!

Service was amazing- honestly the best I've ever had from any hotel. Noemi and Julio were our favourites and got to know us by day 2.

The rooms are fully air conditioned and have wifi. We had a tropical view and felt no need to pay more money for sea view- as actually our view was pretty epic!

You must do the bike ride with the entertainment team every day- they take you to see the dolphins and the zoo- which are cool !!

I would say the Spa is quite overpriced compared to the UK but it does offer a lot and we went in and it looks great for those that want to pay to use it.

The evening shows are also great however, if your staying for 2 weeks they do repeat weekly so don't feel one night you have missed it as if your there the next- your catch it again! The best was the fire show!

Overall a great holiday! Will recommend to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Tropical rooms are just fine but obviously the higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your kindly review and let us know the best of your vacations.

I appreciate you let the people know that we have no problem getting sun chairs around the pool, this is very important to comment because we are always working on that specific details who are mentioned for our previous guests, this means that we really take care on their reviews.

We are happy to know you liked the service provided in your two weeks of vacation and this was the best service received at any of the hotels you have visited. Special mention to our colleagues Noemi & Julio for their assistance to you, we'll share your positive comments with them in order to let them know their job is really appreciate for our guests and specially for you. this will help us a lot to nominate them for their service during this month, at the end we'll have the person who will be worthy for their best practices of service.

Regarding the SPA prices I'll forward your comment to our management to consider it, I'm pretty sure it worth the service we provide there.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and I want to invite you to give us the opportunity to be your next option on your coming holiday, we'll do our best for you anytime.

Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is located in a beautiful area. The beach is gorgeous and the view from the towers are great... But not much else good over here. It was mostly residents, older couples and families. It was hard to find a pool chair at times. The pool area was very quiet, and not much happening. The 'upgrade' to preferred club wasn't worth it, there was not premium liquor at the hotel. The food was not very good compared to other AM Resorts we have been at in the past, and there was never much selection. We were very disappointing in our stay here. We had trouble with our room (noisy - right below the lounge/bar), and staff were not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for the view - but not below their Sky Bar because you'll hear...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear guest ,

First of all I appreciate you give us the opportunity to host you during your stay in Dreams Villamagna and share your experience with us.

I'm really surprised to know that your expectations was not exceeded and your disappointing in our resort is notorious.

Regarding the pool chairs let me tell you that most of our guests can find a place where stay, we do have the necessary stuff considering the pool & beach area, however we still working on this to provide the regular maintenance and have enough.

Our Preferred section offer unlimited luxury and premium liquor every day, my apologies if you did not find any specific brand during your stay. All our restaurants offers different options as well our International buffet - I can't find the reason why you didn't enjoyed our 5 gourmet restaurants. Nevertheless be sure I'll share your comments to our management in order to verify this with the right person and consider another options to offer to our guests.

Our main goal on this company is provide the best service to all our guests and we constantly give special trainings to our staff on each department, one of this is to offer the best quality service anytime. I'm surprised that none helped you as you mentioned in your room detail. My apologies for that and I'll take care personally this with the right department to ensure they always do the best for everyone here.

I sincerely offer you my apologies and I would like you give us the opportunity to host you on the near future to change your previous stay, please don't hesitate to contact us anytime to help you, it will be our pleasure assist you.

Quality & Guest Service Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed 7 days at Dreams Villamagna. The service was excellent, the room was wonderful with a great ocean view, and the food was very good. We upgraded to a premium package which we enjoyed and felt was worth it (cocktails and light food available on our floor) There were several unusual aspects about the hotel that did surprise us. Part of the hotel is residential. This resulted in a fairly calm atmosphere around the pool areas and a lack of late night activity at the resort. This also resulted in a lack of music around the pools (apparently the residents didn't want the constant noise). There isn't a swim up pool bar either, nor could you stand in the pool with your drink. This is something we really missed but there were plenty of willing waiters eager to bring you drinks at your beckon call. There was a nice bar near the beach and lower pool of which we did take advantage. Also because of the residence the resort is smaller that I suspected. The World Cafe (the buffet restaurant) was much smaller and a little limited compared to other resorts at which I've stayed (including a Dreams in Punta Cana). The rest of the restaurants had very good food and a nice variety. Reservations were not required at any of the restaurant which was nice and we didn't experience a wait getting in to any restaurant. The evening entertainment at the resort was very good and worth seeing. Another unusual thing, there was an election one day of our stay. That day the bars of the resort were not serving booze. This occurred without warning so we didn't stock up (we actually had an excursion planned that day so it didn't present a problem to us). When we returned from our excursion late in the afternoon several of the bars did open (kind of on the sly) but the lobby bar didn't have booze throughout the day and evening. The staff at the hotel was wonderful. They called us by name and were very accommodating. Vivian and Edgar in guest services were great in helping with any requests and insuring our stay was problem free. Christien and Alfredo, bartenders at the lobby bar were excellent, fast and very accommodating even with a full bar. Jonny, Lucas, Ferny and Dalia were great both in their entertainment roles and while working the pool activities center. They all went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. If you're a ping-pong player you better bring your "A" game, they are all capable of doling out a beating if your off your game (Not to me of course.... LOL). In summary, if you're looking for a relaxing, calm vacation at a resort with a great view, excellent food and wonderful service you can't go wrong at Dreams VIllamagna. If you're looking for something more rowdy with late night action you might want to consider something else.

Jay & Vicky, in our 50's from St. Louis, MO

Room Tip: Both ocean view and mountain view room view provide breathtaking scenery. Obviously the higher up t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest ,

Thank you very much for your kindly review. We are happy to know you enjoyed the most of our services like our employee services and our restaurants and entertainment.

Regarding the not swim-up bar let me tell you that we has been awarded the highly-coveted AAA Four Diamond award for the past 6 years, including in 2014. The resort had to meet high standards of criteria in categories such as accommodations and food and beverage in order to receive this honor. However we do offer service around the pool as you mentioned and our staff is constantly doing their job offering our special drinks. I hope you can understand this point and be more clear for you why we don't have this kind of service as another hotel does.

I'm glad to know that our colleagues Vivian, Edgar, Christian, Alfredo, Jonny, Lucas, Ferny and Dalia was outstanding on their activities and provided you this special service we do for all our guests, this kind of feedback really help us to nominate them as a best employee and consider them for their career. They'll be more than happy to know that you mentioned them.

Once again thank you for your time to post this and let another people know your experience, we know this is helpfully to another who are looking the best option for their next holiday - I hope your review give us the opportunity to have more guests and experience their own vacations.

Best regards.

Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#3 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 stars 1,040 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!