Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Zar Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bahia del Sol Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
5,269 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers cluboceana restaurantsugar reef barcoco cafejacuzzi on the balconycondo ownerssky barvilla magnaroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Booked through Thomson to stay here in July 2014. Was slightly worried before we came and relied on other reviews to settle our nerves.

Can honestly say, it was an amazing venue. Rooms were lovely- the best out of all Thomson hotels in the area apparently. We never had a problem with getting sun lounger by the pool nor did we ever see one time share rep- both things were negative points mentioned in other reviews.

You get 24 hour room service and a mini bar with corona, cokes etc in- which was great. The restaurants were great a nice selection and the buffet was also adequate- considering I don't like buffet restaurants. We found that as we stayed for 2 weeks we did get a little bored of the restaurants even though there was loads to offer- so went out twice- Vista Grill and Barcelona Tapas. Both have AMAZING views of the bay and beautiful food!

Service was amazing- honestly the best I've ever had from any hotel. Noemi and Julio were our favourites and got to know us by day 2.

The rooms are fully air conditioned and have wifi. We had a tropical view and felt no need to pay more money for sea view- as actually our view was pretty epic!

You must do the bike ride with the entertainment team every day- they take you to see the dolphins and the zoo- which are cool !!

I would say the Spa is quite overpriced compared to the UK but it does offer a lot and we went in and it looks great for those that want to pay to use it.

The evening shows are also great however, if your staying for 2 weeks they do repeat weekly so don't feel one night you have missed it as if your there the next- your catch it again! The best was the fire show!

Overall a great holiday! Will recommend to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Tropical rooms are just fine but obviously the higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear guest ,

Thank you for your kindly review and let us know the best of your vacations.

I appreciate you let the people know that we have no problem getting sun chairs around the pool, this is very important to comment because we are always working on that specific details who are mentioned for our previous guests, this means that we really take care on their reviews.

We are happy to know you liked the service provided in your two weeks of vacation and this was the best service received at any of the hotels you have visited. Special mention to our colleagues Noemi & Julio for their assistance to you, we'll share your positive comments with them in order to let them know their job is really appreciate for our guests and specially for you. this will help us a lot to nominate them for their service during this month, at the end we'll have the person who will be worthy for their best practices of service.

Regarding the SPA prices I'll forward your comment to our management to consider it, I'm pretty sure it worth the service we provide there.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and I want to invite you to give us the opportunity to be your next option on your coming holiday, we'll do our best for you anytime.

Horacio Flores
Quality & Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is located in a beautiful area. The beach is gorgeous and the view from the towers are great... But not much else good over here. It was mostly residents, older couples and families. It was hard to find a pool chair at times. The pool area was very quiet, and not much happening. The 'upgrade' to preferred club wasn't worth it, there was not premium liquor at the hotel. The food was not very good compared to other AM Resorts we have been at in the past, and there was never much selection. We were very disappointing in our stay here. We had trouble with our room (noisy - right below the lounge/bar), and staff were not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for the view - but not below their Sky Bar because you'll hear music until late at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest ,

First of all I appreciate you give us the opportunity to host you during your stay in Dreams Villamagna and share your experience with us.

I'm really surprised to know that your expectations was not exceeded and your disappointing in our resort is notorious.

Regarding the pool chairs let me tell you that most of our guests can find a place where stay, we do have the necessary stuff considering the pool & beach area, however we still working on this to provide the regular maintenance and have enough.

Our Preferred section offer unlimited luxury and premium liquor every day, my apologies if you did not find any specific brand during your stay. All our restaurants offers different options as well our International buffet - I can't find the reason why you didn't enjoyed our 5 gourmet restaurants. Nevertheless be sure I'll share your comments to our management in order to verify this with the right person and consider another options to offer to our guests.

Our main goal on this company is provide the best service to all our guests and we constantly give special trainings to our staff on each department, one of this is to offer the best quality service anytime. I'm surprised that none helped you as you mentioned in your room detail. My apologies for that and I'll take care personally this with the right department to ensure they always do the best for everyone here.

I sincerely offer you my apologies and I would like you give us the opportunity to host you on the near future to change your previous stay, please don't hesitate to contact us anytime to help you, it will be our pleasure assist you.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed 7 days at Dreams Villamagna. The service was excellent, the room was wonderful with a great ocean view, and the food was very good. We upgraded to a premium package which we enjoyed and felt was worth it (cocktails and light food available on our floor) There were several unusual aspects about the hotel that did surprise us. Part of the hotel is residential. This resulted in a fairly calm atmosphere around the pool areas and a lack of late night activity at the resort. This also resulted in a lack of music around the pools (apparently the residents didn't want the constant noise). There isn't a swim up pool bar either, nor could you stand in the pool with your drink. This is something we really missed but there were plenty of willing waiters eager to bring you drinks at your beckon call. There was a nice bar near the beach and lower pool of which we did take advantage. Also because of the residence the resort is smaller that I suspected. The World Cafe (the buffet restaurant) was much smaller and a little limited compared to other resorts at which I've stayed (including a Dreams in Punta Cana). The rest of the restaurants had very good food and a nice variety. Reservations were not required at any of the restaurant which was nice and we didn't experience a wait getting in to any restaurant. The evening entertainment at the resort was very good and worth seeing. Another unusual thing, there was an election one day of our stay. That day the bars of the resort were not serving booze. This occurred without warning so we didn't stock up (we actually had an excursion planned that day so it didn't present a problem to us). When we returned from our excursion late in the afternoon several of the bars did open (kind of on the sly) but the lobby bar didn't have booze throughout the day and evening. The staff at the hotel was wonderful. They called us by name and were very accommodating. Vivian and Edgar in guest services were great in helping with any requests and insuring our stay was problem free. Christien and Alfredo, bartenders at the lobby bar were excellent, fast and very accommodating even with a full bar. Jonny, Lucas, Ferny and Dalia were great both in their entertainment roles and while working the pool activities center. They all went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. If you're a ping-pong player you better bring your "A" game, they are all capable of doling out a beating if your off your game (Not to me of course.... LOL). In summary, if you're looking for a relaxing, calm vacation at a resort with a great view, excellent food and wonderful service you can't go wrong at Dreams VIllamagna. If you're looking for something more rowdy with late night action you might want to consider something else.

Jay & Vicky, in our 50's from St. Louis, MO

Room Tip: Both ocean view and mountain view room view provide breathtaking scenery. Obviously the higher up the better the view. We upgraded to an ocean view premium package which put us on the 7th floor with our own bar and food which we enjoyed. We also had a jacuzzi which was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest ,

Thank you very much for your kindly review. We are happy to know you enjoyed the most of our services like our employee services and our restaurants and entertainment.

Regarding the not swim-up bar let me tell you that we has been awarded the highly-coveted AAA Four Diamond award for the past 6 years, including in 2014. The resort had to meet high standards of criteria in categories such as accommodations and food and beverage in order to receive this honor. However we do offer service around the pool as you mentioned and our staff is constantly doing their job offering our special drinks. I hope you can understand this point and be more clear for you why we don't have this kind of service as another hotel does.

I'm glad to know that our colleagues Vivian, Edgar, Christian, Alfredo, Jonny, Lucas, Ferny and Dalia was outstanding on their activities and provided you this special service we do for all our guests, this kind of feedback really help us to nominate them as a best employee and consider them for their career. They'll be more than happy to know that you mentioned them.

Once again thank you for your time to post this and let another people know your experience, we know this is helpfully to another who are looking the best option for their next holiday - I hope your review give us the opportunity to have more guests and experience their own vacations.

Best regards.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have truly relaxed while here! Mainly because it is a family resort not much night life! But still good, enjoying friends. The food and drinks were average. Room; beautiful view and great balcony. However the was a slight smell of moisture in the room. I also did a presentation at the unlimited vacation it was very well presented and no pressure. The value is great!

Stayed: July 2014
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear guest ,

Thank you for your kindly review.

We are glad to know your holidays was enjoyable for you specially the beautiful view and the balcony. My apologies for the room detail you mentioned, we have been check this with our housekeeping manager in order to resolve it. I appreciate you have not already know.

We hope to host you on the near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort located on a beautiful beach in Nuevo Vallarta. Food and rooms were great but what truly stood out was the customer service. Excellent across the board. We think about Dreams all the time - i highly recommend this resort. A few things:

We are late 20s with no kids - this was meant to be a pure relaxation trip and Dreams delivered.

If you want to travel into PV often this is a ways out - try Now Amber in PV instead

If you are looking for high energy party atmosphere, you won't find it on the resort but the great entertainment team coordinated nightly night club trips in PV each night we were there, so the option was there if you wanted. Resort itself gets quiet at night - bars shut down earlier than at some all inclusives i have experienced.
We were there for luxury and relaxation so we loved it.

Do i think the preferred club is worth the paid upgrade? Not necessarily - but pay to upgrade to an ocean view room at minimum. More than worth it.

Josue at breakfast provided the best service we have ever received, anywhere. He went above and beyond in so many ways.

Hotel is close proximity to take a cab to Bucerias or the marina in Nuevo Vallarta where some of our excursions departed from. We walked to a great fajita place for dinner one night maybe 5 mins down the road

Beach volleyball daily canadians vs mexicans was too much fun! Some of the vendors would stop and play with us - we got to know them and saw them not as pushy sales people but they became friends by the end of the week. What a fantastic experience!

Do not pass up a stay at Dreams if you are looking for a beautiful resort in a safe area where you will be treated to a week of relaxation and top notch service.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Amicita0125

Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for your kindly review. We are happy to know you had a fantastic week during your stay in Dreams Villamagna.

All your feedback is very important for us and we'll share with our entire staff to let them know your Dreams experience. I guess all your points will be of much help to the people who read your comments, they'll have a real idea of what means a vacations in our resort.

We would like you can have another chance to visit us anytime and feel Dreams as your home away from home.

Best regards.