“Average”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Average”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is lovely, great pools & scenery but it was too far from town. It took 3 buses to get there. The beach area was small with no real activities. There was NO night life (Disco) the service was very slow BUT the servers were really kind. They constantly tried to sale stuff to us...it was annoying. I would not go back to this Dreams...the one in Cancun was way better.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AimeeDH
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your review and your comments.

I would like to comment you that our resort is located just 15 minutes from the airport and 25 minutes from town. This specific area is privileged of their zone and the amazing flora & fauna who made the perfect place for vacations.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll take seriously note on your review regarding our service and we'll share this with our team in order to work with them. Regarding the night life we offer a very pleasant place located on the top of the building called Gohan Sushi Sky Bar where the people can enjoy a live music or DJ for a while. My apologies if your expectation was not exceeded.

We know our brother resorts in Cancun are beautiful and actually we are proud to have 34 resorts in 4 different country, every one located in a specific place. However we would love you come back with us and give us the opportunity to host you on the near future.

Quality Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,041)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The resort is very well taken care of. The condo is in perfect condition. It was perfect size for my family of 4. There are 3 building we were on the third which was the far deist from the beach but it was still close enough. Just keep that in mind..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anakarina17
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear guest ,

We appreciate your comment, thank you for take the time to post your review.

We would like to host you again on the near future.

Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Oh how I wish I was still at the Dreams Villamagna! I just spent 10 wonderful days there for my wedding and honeymoon from 6/11 to 6/20. The resort was breathtaking, the food was fantastic, the drinks were always ready and made exactly the way you want, and the staff was top-notch. I honestly felt all my stress melt away the second I set foot at the resort, and the trip just kept getting better and better. We didn't want to leave when it was all said and done.

We had about 20 family and friends come down for our wedding. Daniel the wedding planner did a great job communicating with us via email and we were able to meet with him before hand. Te ceremony was simply beautiful with the beach and ocean in the background. Everything was as we wanted and we would recommend the destination wedding route to everyone. We had the top package, and it was worth every penny. We would have spent far more on flowers and a photographer alone at home. The food at our reception was great, the mariachi band serenaded us, and the photographer got some wonderful shots. I look back and it couldn't have been more perfect of a day---unless it was about 10 degrees cooler. It was a hot one!

The resort itself is great. The rooms are large and roomy. The beds are so comfortable and the jacuzzi on the porch was a nice touch. We had an Ocean View and going on the balcony in the morning and watching the waves was so calming. The mini-bar in the room was stocked daily with Mexican Coke and Corona and the maids cleaned your room around your schedule. The pools were great and not too crowded and there was the infinity pool with the great view of the ocean. The severs were always around to offer you a drink. They even had awesome creative drinks in pineapples one day! We loved Mango Tangos and had so many. The bartenders were there to cater to you and had awesome personalities.

The beach was one of our favorite spots. It was an awesome view and the perfect place to enjoy a drink and let the sand and water hit your toes. Our other go to was the Gohan Sushi Bar. The drinks were great, the view was awesome, and if you like sushi, ask for the variety plate. It was a hit with our guests. We spent many nights on the rooftop sushi bar enjoying the comfortable furniture and great view. Miguel gave us great service there!

As for food, we ate at every place twice during our 10 days. At El Patio, try the flank steak! That was our favorite meal. Portofino was nice and classy, and Oceana was good for lunch and dinner. The World Cafe was nice if you were in a hurry and had a good selection, but the other restaurants were far better. The food had great taste and comes in small positions, so order an appetizer, soup, and a main course! Room service was also great! We ordered for breakfast and for a late night snack and both times it was hot and tasty. You can get room service 24/7 which was a great bonus.

Each night had a fun little show you could attend. The fire show was awesome, and we laughed at the Circus Show and the Mime Show. They were not out of this world entertainment, but the performers were excellent and it was a nice way to end the night after being in the sun all day. We were not expecting anything like this, so after the first show, we had to attend the others as we had a great time.

The staff there was so over the top awesome. They were kind and really had great personalities. They made sure everything was taken care of for you and really treated you like kings. We had heard we would hear a lot about timeshares, but we really didn't. Maybe it was because it was the summer, but we felt no pressure to go to any meetings. No one was pushy with us and people were not just approaching us and bugging us. From the time we walked off the shuttle to the time we left, the staff was fantastic. No one pressured you for a tip, but we always tried to leave a few american dollars as an extra thank you.

We are already saving to go back. The trip was a blast and we struggled all morning the day we had to leave. Please, if you are considering a wedding, a family trip, a getaway, or anything, book here. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: We had the Ocean View which was nice, but the rooms are identical setups so if you are on a budget...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Zack F
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest ,

It was a real pleasure read your review, we are more than happy to know that you enjoyed everything during your stay. Your feedback is really important for us and you took the time to write all details on every place, this kind of comments are very significant for us and really help us to see if we are doing a good job, be sure we'll share your comments with our entire staff in order to congrats them.

We would love you to host you again and your family and friends as well.

Receive a warm regards from Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I spent one FABULOUS week at Dreams Villa Magna from 6/15-6/21.I traveled as the guest of my friend /coworker,herself a radio contest winner of the all expense paid trip for 2 through Apple vacations.
From the time we stepped off the bus it was pure elegance.Beautifully maintained grounds,helpful staff,and a quick check-in process made for a pleasant welcome.You would think they would shove contest winners in a broom closet,but no...we were put in the huge standard 2 - bed bedroom ,jacuzzi on the patio,etc.The room was cleaned and stocked daily,had nightly turndown service and was exterminated once while we were there(Bonus?)
For food I stuck with the World Cafe for breakfast,and ate at El Patio( drool inducing) or Oceania for later meals( if you're upper level please slip a chip to the scrawnier looking black birds).
The pools were never too crowded even when there was an activity going on.The water temperature could be lowered a little so as to say,"Ooh,refreshing!" rather than just ,"Well,at least I'm wet."
For drinks I stayed poolside at the Marlin all week.From my stool(which I hope is being bronzed)is where I took the majority of my vacation pictures.The entire bar staff was so engaging and so charming that I plastered them all over Facebook like we're BFFs.ANTONIO is an alcohol shaman apparently,because after I jammed my ankle in the jungle he made some kind of brandy elixir and I will be damned if it didn't feel better.Just say,"Throw something together,Antonio"and let him work his magic. CRISTIAN(he of "the special") is just the sweetest kid EVER that introduced me to the best drink ever,(with a vulgar name) and that's why it's the "Cristian Special".EFRAIN is another great bartender! JULIO and BETTY are the biggest hustlers at that resort without a doubt.They work the bar or run poolside their whole shift and always have time to cater to each person as they pass.They're damn good at what they do.So definitely, if you go to Dreams,tip the bar staff well and often because they deserve it!
In summary,I loved my whole stay and I've begun planning for next year's vacation at Dreams Villa Magna.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for your time to posted your review and kindly comments.

We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time with us and we exceeded your holidays during your stay. We always give our 100% to offer a quality service to every one of our guest - that's our main goal.

We really appreciate you mentioned our staff names and recognized our colleagues for their good job, be sure we'll forward your positive comments with them, I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to know.

We would love you come back next year with us and feel free to contact us prior or during your stay to make more enjoyable your holidays.

Receive a warm regards from Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel.

Monroe, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I spent one week here through RCI. We took the all inclusive package and it was worth it. Our check-in was smooth and the front desk staff very friendly. Fernando always had a great big smile and greeted everyone with enthusiasm. Our room was ready on time and we were led by a staff member and luggage brought to the room by bellman. The room was large with beautiful bathroom and all amenities one could need. Beds were large and plush and we slept well. Our balcony was large enough to sit outside and enjoy the great view of the pool area and grounds.
The pools were very large and never crowded. Plenty of lounge chairs too. Foliage, flowers and swaying palm trees gave us that "tropical" paradise feeling.
There was entertainment and we really enjoyed "Mexican Fiesta" night outside next to the pool. Very colorful table cloths and the food was plentiful and surprisingly good for buffet food that in many resorts is just so so. Beach area was very nice for walks or beach combing.
The overall décor of the entire resort is very modern and austere which is not my favorite décor theme. The Mexican restaurant had that same look. Very bland decor. I usually expect more color and a feeling of warmth in a Mexican restaurant. Some colorful sarapes, hats, old looking brick and some dark wooden beams would give that "old Mexico" appeal. But that is just my personal taste. It had great food and the waiters served with the usual smiles and were very efficient at their job. So the décor issue is only very minor and just me. Overall this resort is a DREAM!!

Room Tip: An upper floor allows for a great view of grounds and pool areas. There is an elevator so those wit...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James M
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your comments during your stay, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays and specially our Mexican party. We'll pass your special gratefulness to Fernando, I'm pretty sure he'll be more than happy to know that you recognized his job.

We would like to invite you to visit us on the near future and have another Dreams experience.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous holiday at Dreams Villa Magna Nuevo Vallarta with thomson holidays. We travelled with six adults and one five year old child and an infant eighteen months.

The name of the hotel sums up the holiday it was a Dream, Every single member of staff from Management to grounds man, were there to please, nothing was too much trouble, you only had to ask and your every whim was catered for.

The restaurants whether buffet or special were fantastic, food was served quickly and piping hot

The rooms were spotless and every night the maid came in to turn down the beds for us, leaving chocolates on the pillow and clean towels too! which again were changed in the morning.

Mini fridge was restocked everyday and if we ran out of anything or fancied a snack what ever time 24 service was available you only had to pick up the telephone in about 15 mins they would be there with your order.

Swimming pools are amazing, surrounding areas and pools were cleaned every day. Loungers were plentiful, maybe just a few more sunshades around the infinity pool would be a welcome addition.

Entertainment was enjoyable, and the hotels Bars were all welcoming, especially the roof top Bar

I could go on and on, couldn't fault this Hotel or place at all, we cant wait to return in the very near future.

Well Done Dreams Villa Magna, thank you once again for a holiday we wont be forgetting for a long time. :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely we stayed on the second floor, we had a mountain view, which we loved.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank janis p
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad to know you had a wonderful time with us and the hotel as our different departments exceeded your expectations. Our main goal is to fulfill our clients needs, that's why we always give our 100% to get the best result.

Definitely you'll be welcome anytime you want to come back with us and have another Dreams experience.

Best regards.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We just returned from 4 nights in this beautiful resort with a group of close friends. It is an all inclusive resort and, as such, I would not normally expect a high degree of service or outstanding food. I was wrong...this resort's staff members were truly exceptional. From the chambermaids to the water aerobics instructor, to the bartenders, to the wait staff, to the bellmen, every single employee made us feel as though they really cared if we were enjoying ourselves. The food in all the restaurants is excellent and prepared and served with a flair.

The 3 beautiful pools are cleaned every day and the grounds are meticulously mainicured. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. We had an ocean view room and the view was wonderful.

There is a sushi bar on the top floor that is open-air, with a spectacular view, and a great place for cocktails.

All in all, this was a wonderful experience that, hopefully, we will be repeating for a longer stay next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Renee1968
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your positive comments during your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and the time you spend in your review to let us know all your positive comments and details from every single department. Be sure we'll continue with our hard job in order to provide the best quality of service to everyone of our guest.

Hopefully you can visit us again on the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
#12 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!