Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$199
$150
$188
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$324
$271
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$172
$135
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$156
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$545
  • Beachfront
$884
$554
5,378 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers cluboceana restaurantjacuzzi on the balconysugar reef barcoco cafecondo ownersvilla magnasky barroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My family and I just returned from Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta. This resort is about 15-20 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta airport....PERFECT!!! From the start, we were amazed by this resort. Our room was very large, which we didn't expect! Never during the week did we feel cramped with the 4 of us in our room. The cleanliness of the resort was phenomenal! I think it is the cleanest resort we have been to. The maid left our room spotless each day....I believe her name was Bertha! I wish she could come and clean my house back home...Haa!

Being that we were traveling with your 7 and 10 year old children, we really liked that the resort wasn't as spread out. We could get to any place on the resort and to the beach in a matter of minutes.

The food was excellent! I think breakfast was always my favorite with the "green juice." Yum! There were no lines to eat at the restaurants at night, and we didn't have to make a reservation. We really loved that. There was also a variety of different restaurants in which to choose. It was fun to try all the different cuisines! The wait staff was ALWAYS courteous and attentive! They really pampered us. We always heard, "It is my pleasure," whenever we had a request! Wow!

The staff was down right phenomenal!!!! Every single need that we had was met beyond our expectations. Everyone was so friendly, and we honestly left feeling as though we made new friends! Betty was always making us laugh on the beach...keeping us hydrated and offering the kids fun drinks like "Banana Monkeys" and "Sponge Bobs." The Entertainment Staff was simply top notch.....Ramon, EZ, Lalo, Johnny, Ferny, Mitch, and Derek! They always had activities planned that included the entire family. They always welcomed people to join in, but never pressured you, if you just felt like relaxing. They were always helpful and had a smile on their faces! My kids (and my husband and I) really liked the kindness they showed towards them. They always made them feel welcome and had a great sense of humor...making them laugh. We left feeling as though we made so many new friends on the staff! My son was just saying today how he missed EZ. Haa!

Juliana did a phenomenal job in the Explorer's Club! My 7 year old son never wanted to leave! She entertained my kids with age appropriate activities. It was extremely safe and fun for the kids! My husband and I loved the fact that we had a few "date nights," as the Explorer's Club was open until 10:00 P.M. every night. They would take our children to dinner, do an activity or craft, and then have a movie with popcorn. We picked them up at 9:45 P.M. It was the perfect balance of family time and adult time.

The resort was quiet enough, but active enough...if that makes any sense. We enjoyed that it wasn't a huge party scene, but enjoyed being a part of the activities that the Entertainment Staff planned each day and night! We really enjoyed the theme nights, fire show, and hypnotist! We feel like it was the perfect balance between relaxation and fun.

The pools were AMAZING!!! There were 3 big pools....two that were warm, and one cool pool if you were too overheated. All three pools served their purposes for our family. We also had a great time Boogie Boarding in the ocean. The waves were big enough, but didn't feel unsafe or overbearing for my kids.

The saying, "Time flies when you're having fun," is quite true. Our week flew by! We all agreed that we will be back next year, as we had the best experience at this resort! I highly recommend it for families! THANK YOU, DREAMS VILLAMAGNA!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank TriptakerMinnesota
DreamsVM, Gerente de calidad at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to read your comments. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with other future guests. Our main goal is to provide every single of our guests a unique and unforgettable experience. Fulfilling your expectations is one of other goals. Please, be sure I will share your comments with all the staff; they really appreciate being acknowledged about their work.
It would be an honor to see you, and your family, next year or your next vacations.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was in disbelief that every morning before 8am, people from the hotel and condos raced to save their spots by placing towels for hours before they actually enjoyed the pool or palapa...There are absolutely not enough chaise lounges at this resort.

As this is a more laid back resort where people spend most of their time at the beach or pool there needs to be an overabundance of chaise lounges so there isn't the need for people to be in a frenzy to "Save" their spots.

Very disappointing and would not recommend this resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vegas84777

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for expressing your experience at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa. Your observations have been taken into consideration. One of our policies at pool and beach areas is not saving chairs and lounge chairs. Hopefully, in the near future, you could give us the opportunity to experience our improvements in our areas. It will be my pleasure to see back at the resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stayed at the resort in feb.2014. About 15 min from the airport. Nice beach, water in pv had a nicer color. Hotel looks great, stuff one of the best I have experienced.food in the buffet just ok, had better. Ala carte restaurants great and don't require reservations.drinks great, good quality alcohol. Bartenders were lots of fun. Nightly entertainment almost none existing... booooring for someone like me in their 20's. Mostly
older guests, not a lot to do except lay on the sun. All bars but one, close at 10 pm.. if you plan to take trips be aware they don't pick you up from the hotel, you have to pay for the taxi. The guy from the apple vacations named alex is very arrogant, be careful. I have bought my whale watching trip from the guy on the beach, paid $35 less per person. Great deal! Overall had a great time on the sun but next time I will go somewhere where they don't go to sleep at 10pm

• Stayed: February 2014

On behalf of Dreams Villamagna staff, I want to Thank you for taking time to share your experience with others travelers. Our resort is committed to serve our guests in all our areas. I would like to invite you to visit us in the near future. Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy our daily shows, and other activities you might like.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort in a Tropical Junior Suite from March 8 to 15th 2014. We had 2 rooms side by side. It was amazing! The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable and there was a jacuzzi tub on our patio. The view from the room was great. We didn't feel like we missed out because we didn't get an ocean view. This resort is not the type to have air conditioning blasting...they just let the natural air and breeze cool things down. It was never uncomfortably hot, even though it was 30 degrees everyday. The staff are very attentive. Everyone serving us at the pool delivered drinks in a timely manner and were always available to order more. The resort has 5 restaurants and one buffet. All were very tasty. Great breakfast. Our favorite restaurant was Portofino; it had great Italian food. It's an adults only restaurant, however this place also has a great kids club that can take care of your child from 9am to 10pm. Our son loved the Kids Club and I would definitely recommend enrolling your child. They give you a cell phone when you enrol so that they can call you if anything happens.

The 3 pools were always clean, the beach was clean as well and there were lots of lounge chairs available. No loud partying or annoying people splashing around. It had the quality and service of an adult only resort but encouraged families to stay. The nightly entertainment was good, but there was not much else to do late in the evenings. They have a really nice rooftop bar called Gohan, which is great for a nightcap. Very classy and the staff are really nice and fun. Everyone was very friendly.

My only slight note of disapproval was the Unlimited Vacations Club. It's not a timeshare, exactly, but it does involve sitting through a presentation to buy discounted vacation packages in order to obtain spa or adventure vouchers. We found it was a bit of a hard sell and then a run-around to actually get our spa services covered. Monica at the spa was really good about working with us to get our vouchers, so if you need anything spa related, talk to her. That being said, the spa massage and hydrotherapy sessions were great! Very relaxing.

I would highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Lindsay B
DreamsVM, Gerente de calidad at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your comments. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, our number one concern is keeping our guests always happy. We will continue improving our services. We hope you can share all this comments with you relatives and friends. We would be very glad to host you again for your next vacations.

Regards.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We went to Dreams in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico and really loved it. We chartered a boat, caught four huge Mahi and brought the fish back to the resort. Chef Cesar cooked it to order, added coconut shrimp and oysters and served it personally to our party of nine in the warm breezes of the Oceana outdoor restaurant on the grounds. (We gave the rest of the fish to the staff).

Tip: There are two Dreams resorts in the area. One is in Puerto Vallarta, the other in neighboring Nuevo Vallarta to the north (the big one that we went to). Our taxi took us to the wrong one, so make sure you give specific directions to your driver.

Our favorite staff included Hugo the waiter, fluent in English and French (and Spanish), Fernando "I'll be back with another round in six minutes" the beach waiter, and many others.

It was great for our families since the area is safe enough to turn the kids loose while we adults did our own thing. The staff kept the kids busy playing pool, volleyball, tennis, pottery painting and more. The hardest part was hunting the kids down to remind them to wear sunblock.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KentJCampbell

Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference. It was a pleasure to host you and your family at Dreams Villamagna. I am glad to know that you had an amazing experience at the resort. Our main goal is to serve our guests. Please, be sure that I will share your compliments with the staff, especially with Fernando and Hugo. I hope to see you back at the resort in the near future.