“Excellente” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Excellente”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We made our reservations through Apple Vacations and was very pleased with the experience. No preoblems at the airports, no problem with the transfer, no problem locating the Apple Rep at the hotel. The grounds of this resort are exceptionally beautiful, clean, well organized and plentiful. The restaurants were terrific, we liked Portofino the best, followed by El Patio. The staff at the pools, in the restaurants and the lobby were friendly and helpful without being pushy.
On this vacation, we were treated like the customer is always right. I would recommend this resort for families,relatives and friends.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the end, but had a very private jacuzzi on our balcony.
1 Thank 24QueenBee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (991)
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was a nice hotel and great location. Food was excellent and so were the drinks.
Betty was the greatest sever I have ever had the pleasure of meeting on a vaction.

The hotel has more condos then it does hotel rooms and most of the staff in the front lobby is there to sell you either a condo or a Dreams vaction package".

They have coke, sprite and fanta along with corona in the fridges in the rooms.

We were at less then 50% capacity when we were there and I cannot imagine it with more as by 10 am all seats at the pool and beach were full of people/condo owners.
Rooms were nice and updated, but with a bit of an older look.

If you haven't been to a dreams resort before, you'll enjoy it. If you have, it not like the rest I have been too. You might be disappointed.
There is a very tiny lobby space to hang out at night and a nice bar upstairs, so if you're going to hang out and party at night - not the place to go either.
Overall I enjoed my stay there, but would not go back. For the money there is new places to try and experience.

P.S. If you have kids, great place to visit. If you don't want to hang out with kids, not the place for you.

Room Tip: My opinion: The ocean views are a view of more trees then ocean. Garden views are great views of par...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steven M
Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed at the Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Monday Jan 20-27. I have to say I was extremely disappointed. This was our 4th time to this area and this was by far our worst stay! I asked for a quiet room when checking in, and Erika A. at the reception desk was super rude and would not accommodate me. We are not noisy and we like our sleep. That being said, I did not sleep good even 1 night! Our room was "OK" but definitely run down. it SMELLED so bad! I had to get a dehumidifier to make it through the week! I asked to be switched, but they would not. There is a bar on the 9th floor that was very loud til late at night, and the night time activities were right below our room.
I wonder if they even cleaned the room before we came- there was a dead spider in our bathroom.
The man that drove us to the resort stated we should tip on Ala cart restaurants. The first morning we went to the World Cafe buffet and Humerto "waited" on us. I did not tip (seriously EVERYONE expects a "tip" and I thought this was included in the cost of this trip!) Since I did not tip Humerto, the rest of the week he was so rude! We had ketchup and sugar, salt & pepper at our table (I had to go get my own drinks, condiments etc. they ignored us!) and Humerto just came and grabbed the ketchup & other condiments from us --which we were still using! and gave it to other tables! So rude! Not all of the servers were this way, but Humerto was the WORST!
As far as no bracelets, I do NOT see this as a "Perk" we were basically harassed constantly for our room number! SO ANNOYING!
I look young, and they definitely treated me like I was very young. They ONLY like people with $$$.
The time share people were so annoying! I hated even going in the lobby because of them!
The food was pretty disgusting and they basically served the same thing day after day with maybe a different sauce.
I stayed at the Dreams in Cancun, many years back, but that stay was 110% better than this stay.

I will NOT be back! I have definitely never been treated so disrespectfully at a resort in Mexico ever!

and if tips are *not included*, then they should state upfront and charge less! I could not believe the workers were so assuming that they should get a tip for doing nothing and treating me like crap!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank KaraLyn H
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear guest,
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you and your daughter encountered during your stay, there was never out intention to disappoint you on any way. It is important mention that your comments have been shared with our Executive Departments to act upon. Thank you kindly for taking the time to contact us.

Best Regards,

Quality Management
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

After a rough start at the airport--30 minutes in the TSA line, we were headed for Puerto Vallarta. Since the Seahawks were headed to the Super Bowl, Alaska airlines gave each of us a round of alcoholic drinks for free. That was all the nice I have to say about that airlines! We arrived and a taxi was waiting (we booked through Apple) and zoomed us 20 minutes to the resort. It didn't look very inviting when we arrived--the taxi drove through what looked like an alley, but once we got to the property, everything was beautiful. We were directed to the front desk--an out of the way seated area. Our room was ready--HURRAY!--and they brought us mimosas as we filled at the paperwork and learned about the resort. We were a quick elevator ride from our room. It was gorgeous. We paid for the upgrade to a view, and it was totally worth it. Our bags arrived and within an hour from the plane touchdown, our vacation had truly begun.

Good aspects of the resort:
1. very friendly staff--they went out of their way to help you. You only had to look confused and someone came up to help you.
2. the drinks really were top shelf. We didn't have a bad drink the entire week.
3. most of the resort was wheelchair accessible--many ramps and elevators.
4. the food in the restaurants was excellent--and you didn't need to make reservations.
5. no wrist bands--but you did have to state your room number over and over!
6. the beach was gorgeous--you could walk a little over 2 miles one way and pretty much endlessly the other way. No shoes needed on the beach--it was that sandy and clean.
7. the bike tour was fun and easy. We got to know our neighborhood better. Thanks Bernie!
8. room service was quick and accurate.
9. the maid service was quick and didn't inconvenience us once. I would much rather have her in and out than the origami towel art so popular in Riviera Maya.
10. sunsets were spectacular--whether from the balcony, the restaurant (Oceana and Seaside Grill) or the beach.
11. the paint your own ceramics guy made everything you painted a work of art.
12. the water was warm and the waves were great.
13. the 3 pools had 3 different temperatures.
14. there was always a lounge chair when we needed one--saving was not too rampant except on the front row of the beach palapas.
15. the bar service at the pool area was pretty consistent--the beach service was more spotty.
16. the front desk took care of most problems very quickly
17. it was quiet. The entertainment staff didn't feel the need to constantly blast your eardrums.
18. there is a sea turtle rescue place just a short walk down the beach. Most evenings at 6:30 they released hatchlings and for 28 pesos, you could shepherd your own hatchling to the ocean. It is a government sponsored facility. People go out at night on ATV's and find eggs that have just been laid and dig them up and replant them at the protected facility.
19. 3 of the evening shows were around the pool area--it was great to sit on our deck and enjoy the show--we even got room service!
The Bad:
1. room beverage service was more every other day than daily--twice we had to go downstairs and ask for water. The last time, none ever arrived.
2. there was inconsistency in food quality--if you loved something one day and ordered it again, it probably wouldn't be the same. Fortunately it was all good--some just better.
3. the menu often didn't reflect the food that arrived--for example the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto had no prosciutto and the walnut brownie smothered in whipped cream had no whipped cream. When I asked, the waiter said he would check, he disappeared and we never saw him again.
4. it is difficult to get coffee. The coffee bar is open limited hours and serves everything in a little paper cup. At dinner at the Oceana we asked for coffee and were told the machine was broken. We were there the next morning for breakfast and it was fine. As the room beverage service was spotty, we were constantly trying to find coffee. None of the bars were prepared to make coffee.
5. you have to request guacamole or you don't get it.
6. there is no snack bar open 24 hours like in most resorts of this type. Sometimes you just want a plate of nachos.
7. the buffet restaurant dinner was disappointing even on Mexico night. (it was consistently good at breakfast although they ran of bacon with regularity)
8. we took the hotel city tour--supposed to be 6 hours--lasted 8. It was a grueling day and we came home covered in chigger bites. I was lead to believe we would stop downtown to shop and at the flea market. We were 10 minutes downtown and it took 8 to get from were we were dropped off to where we were picked up. We didn't see the flea market. Instead we did a lot of bumpy riding on very steep streets. The guide decided to take us by an orphanage and we had to stop and a Targetlike store and buy groceries for the orphans. No one in the van was happy about this. The "on your own" lunch was one overpriced place in the middle of nowhere populated solely by tourists on buses. It was the worst meal of the trip. The beer was warm.

Overall, the good way outweighed the bad. We hadn't been to Puerto Vallarta in 20 years--the Riviera Maya was much more convenient when we lived on the east coast--and we loved it all. The weather was warm but not stifling, no rain, even the tourists (primarily Canadian, Midwest and Pacific Northwest) were nicer. We missed the easy access to snorkeling--you needed to take a boat to snorkel, but loved the sandy beaches. We will return!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a view--totally worth it!
3 Thank lis137
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your time, to express and describe your Dreams Vacation with us I am sure future guests would be glad to read your review and would help them as a guide to our resort.

Its a pleasure!

Quality Control Management
pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Dreams Villamagna was just average. Here are some of my thoughts.

The GOOD:
1. The grounds were beautiful. Lush greens, well manicured, simply gorgeous.
2. The staff was wonderful. Happy, helpful, and they went that extra step.
3. The resort was clean in most areas.
4. The Oceana had the best food. The other restaurants were fair to poor. The Mexican was terrible and the Portifino was below par. It sure wasn't Italian.
5. The pools were wonderful. Three pools that were all different temps from cold to warm.

The BAD:
1. The room was very clean but…..the room had a STRONG musty, mildew smell.(my clothes all had to be laundered even the ones I didn't wear, because they smelled like the room)
2. The bed and pillows had a body odor smell. They needed to be replaced. The balcony curtain had mildew dots running up and down. The couch was soiled. The resort lets the guest have slippers for the week. Mine were not wrapped in cellophane, I think they were used!!
3. The shower was moldy and the tiles were chipped.
4. The food was not good at most restaurants.
5. The tall maitre d' in the Portifino was rude to us and had a real pompous attitude.(the only staff that was rude the entire week)
6. The lobby was strange. It had a street running through it. Not a place to sit and relax.
7. The Pacific Ocean is not the Caribbean. It was cold and rough.(I guess it's what
8. Yes, we were badgered by the vacation sellers in the lobby that we thought were the staff. I don't understand why Dreams would allow the harassing.

I will not return to this resort mainly because of the room. If I spend that amount of money, I want a bed with no body odor and pillows that don't stink.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank 93vette
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience at the resort; your comments are very important for us as a tool for improvement, please be sure your observations have been shared and reviewed with our Room Division Departments to act upon.

As important to know you enjoyed our services and areas.

We hope you give us the oportunity to make ammends, truly live the experience every one of our guests deserves.

Kindly,

Quality Control Management
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our third trip 1/18/14 to 1/24/13 was just as good as the two previous times. I cannot stress enough how lovely the staff are. Every single person that we crossed paths with could not be any friendlier with smiling faces and a very helpful attitude. Just awesome! (The reason we come back)

The beach is fantastic, along with the pools, but the 2 closest to the ocean are freezing! Food is wonderful, especially Oceana and Portofino. Room service was very quick and very good.

I have always loved the rooms, with the huge bathtub inside and the jacuzzi tub on the balcony.
Kept spotlessly clean the whole time. We requested only beer and mineral water in our service bar and it was obliged, no problem. Mattress was a little hard, but we slept well anyway.

Their wi-fi app works great, we never had a problem with it, just a little tricky to download.

Just about everything in this resort is top notch. I always wonder when people say they get sick, we have never been sick here ever and I am immunosuppressed because of the meds I take. I think those people either eat and drink way too much or actually get a bug on the airplane on the way down.

As I say every time, we will be back. Our very favorite place and we travel quite a bit. Any questions, you can message me. GO!!!!!

1 Thank bayahibe2
DreamsVM, E-Concierge at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear guest,
It's so good to know your opinion, is always a pleasure to offer you the best service we can.

We hope to see soon and the Resort again.
Best regards.

E-Concierge
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Okay place.Weather was great.I hate cheese and even when I searched all the a la carte menus for items with no cheese, they snuck it in. Cheese, Cheese ,Cheese.The rooms were clean and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Room 1808 ocean view beauty.
2 Thank Kelly R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,362 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!