“Excellent pool and beach”

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nuevo Vallarta
“Excellent pool and beach”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you have kids, this is a very good option. It is an all-inclusive, the food and drinks are ok (no premium licquor), but your kids will love the pools and the beach area is clean and very friendly: enough waves withouth too much risk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Ricardo G
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sure your review will be very helpful for the travelers looking for a safe and fun destination, thank you for sharing this perspective with this community.
We are glad to know your kids had a very good time and we will be waiting for you and your family on your next vacation to Vallarta Nayarit.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My third trip to Puerto Vallarta, love the area. The stay was very affordable the shows were good and the room was amazing. Had a front row view of everything on our patio and a jacuzzi to watch it from. What really stood out was the great staff. Very polite and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RKotsch
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I am very glad to know you had a great time and found our staff polite and helpful; for all of us it has been a pleasure to serve you.

Toronto
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was our first trip to Puerto Vallarta and first experience with Dreams.
We stayed for a week Oct 11-18 , 2013 and had a amazing time .
First I would like to say big thank you to Victoria Muñoz , she is amazing . She was responding to emails accordingly and was very helpful and welcoming.
The check in was fast, even though it was early for check in. (11:00am), our room was ready .they have very welcoming staff in this resort.
Geraldo went thought the resort facility and offered $200.00 resort coupon (we didn’t use it same as many others).
Our room was 1617 and it was in 6th floor. The gentleman at concierge offered an option to change the room if we are not happy with it.
The room was fine. It was Big, clean, double sink and very good pressure on shower, ocean view with big balcony and outside Jacuzzi. The only complain was the glass door on bathroom & shower. (Typically in all rooms.) Not visible from inside but quite visible from room sight.
Not very comfortable for family with kids.
The maid and turn down service was very good. I would like to express my gratitude to Ezequiel (the person who refill min bar). He was friendly and he paid attention to the note we left on top of the fridge on first day (that we want only diet coke, beer & water).
Dreams staff has been the most impressive fact for our stay duration. They have been polite, helpful, with real smile in their face and they will be main reason if we go back to Dream Puerto Vallarta.
World Café for Breakfast was nice but we didn’t go that much for dinner or lunch as we stuck to Oceana for lunch. I highly recommend all restaurants, the food was excellent, and the staff had been outstanding. We tried El Patio 2 times (Marlon, you were doing amazing job), Italian 2 times and the rest we were in Oceana & Seaside Grill .
Even though the Italian is adult only, Amazning Victoria made an arrangement for us with my daughter & other family from California (we got friend over there) to have Italian menu at El Patio.
Our favorite place was Gohan Bar . it was lovely place with breath taking view. Julio was very impressive and professional on his job. He is funny and you don’t need to ask for your drink, he won’t let your glass be empty for a long.
Drink was good and cocktails made properly. We didn’t use wine upgrade that we find the regular wine acceptable with good test.
It is entertainment turn now. Lalo, Mitch , Pato, Jonny and Ezzy .they are super friendly , trying hard , funny and simply Amazing.
All of my family had a wonderful time with them. Special thanks to Ferny, you are a wonderful Tennis instructor. My husband & my daughter got private lesson with him.
Don’t miss Zumba class, the instructor is super.
We got our Bike tour with Ezzy and it was lots of fun. I highly recommend taking this tour.
Nightly show was good and entertaining, we missed (my husband and I) fire show. We went to Italian restaurant (adult only) and left my daughter to enjoy watching Fire show with all wonderful Entertainment crew.
Gym equipment was ok and I think the management should consider some improvement on it.
We took a bus with our new friends from Sacramento California ( lovely family ) to downtown, it was safe and we had lots of fun. We had been to flee market and did lots of shopping. If you like to see a part of the Mexican culture then you should go to downtown.
We are not the beach people (swimming in open water), however walking on the beach was relaxing and enjoyable. They have a wide beach with powder sand and it was clean.
We attend to snorkeling tour from Sunwing vacation, everything was good except the food which was ok. The tour was a full day with friendly captain and ship crew. It was worth to explore.
Overall, it was a pleasant vacation and experience with Dreams. We highly recommend this destination with Dreams to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank KimKim69
Dear Guest,

It is always very rewarding to read such enthusiastic reviews, and knowing that once again we have reach one of our main goals, to have happy and totally satisfied guests.
For Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta it has been a pleasure to host you and your family and we will be honored to welcome you back in the future.
I would like to thank you for your warm review, I will make sure all the staff mentioned above get your comments and I am sure it was a pleasure for Victoria to assist you at every moment.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at this resort, and we booked through Costco travel. We were picked up at the airport, had a lovely room, and were shuttled to the airport when our vacay came to a close.

As for the staff, they are extremely attentive. As we were there for a week, we got to know a few of them. They remembered things like how I enjoy my coffee, etc. Best service I've ever gotten, and I've stayed in many a nice resort.

We enjoyed the pools, balcony Jacuzzi, awesome housekeeping service, inclusive food and drink, nightly entertainment, and lovely beach. We weren't able to leave the resort much, due to my pregnancy, so we were thankful for many on-site activities. The next day's itinerary was delivered each night, so we really loved being kept in the loop. The tropical can-can show and fire shows were especially amazing. As for the beach, I could have done without vendors coming up to me every five minutes trying to braid my hair or sell jewelry, but that really wasn't enough to take away from the great experience.

As for the food, I was pregnant on this trip, so I'm not the best judge of its quality. I felt like much of the food was a bit bland (I love super spicy and salty), and I felt queasy a few times after eating, but that was probably just the baby! I will say, however, that I demolished the hotel's supply of virgin drinks and guacamole/chips. DELICIOUS! The bartenders never seemed to tire of coming up with yummy drinks (non alcohol) for me to drink. I really felt like I was able to join in on the party!

There are also on-site doctors. If you're pregnant, have a sick child, sustain an injury, etc, never fear! They even will make after hours calls to your room. Be advised that their services are an extra cost. As I dealt with travel related sickness secondary to my pregnancy (nothing to do with the resort), you better believe I was so thankful for their services. They saved my trip. Huge thanks to Dr Enriquez and Dr Quintero.

All in all, a great trip! My hubby and I will be back after the baby comes, and perhaps even take advantage of the Kid's Club.

See you soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank m w
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to start by congratulation you on the upcoming birth of your baby. We always care of our guests and give each one the importance it deserves. For us, it has been a pleasure to host you and we are more than happy to know we will see more of you and your family in the future.

Thank you very much for your nice review, and I will make sure Dr. Enriquez and Dr. Quintero get your thoughts.

Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Food was good in 2 of their restaurants, the others were just ok.
There was no swim up bar, so it took awhile to get drinks.
Entertainment was ok
Infinity pool was beautiful, beaches you could walk a long time so that was great
service was great

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris1184
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. I am pleased to know you had enjoyed our service and the Infinity pool; these are great assets for our guests.
We have taken your comments in consideration. Hoping to welcome you back and experience our everyday improvements, it would be a pleasure to assist you.

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is absolutely AMAZING! The setting with the Sierra Madre mountains, the beautiful Banderas Bay and the ocean is beyond words! I've been to several resorts in Mexico and the Dreams Villamagna has THE best food I've ever had at a resort in Mexico! I highly recommend this resort!! The Gohan Sky Bar is the very best setting to have some yummy sushi, a cocktail and to catch a beautiful Nuevo Vallarta sunset and the Oceana restaurant has the most fantastic dinner with fried ice cream for dessert! Yum!

The service and the staff here are fabulous as well! They work so extremely hard to make certain you are enjoying your stay and they definitely want to help in any way possible. Oscar is the very best at serving drinks pool and ocean side and Frank up at the Gohan is just amazing! There are so many wonderful staff here it's a truly fantastic place.

I would also recommend a few excursions through Vallarta Adventures while you're here! My husband and I had the best night out on the south side of the Banderas Bay at the Rhythms of the Night dinner and show. So flipping cool!! A definite must for anyone on their honeymoon like us or if you're looking for a romantic night away from the resort. We also did the Outdoor Adventure and had an absolutely incredible and completely unforgettable time zip lining, repelling down waterfalls flying down water slides in the jungle of the Sierra Madre mountains with Sacha, Manuel, David, Daniel, Adrien, Alex and super talented photographer Maria. So much fun and so many phenomenal memories to last a lifetime. The last excursion we did was Las Caletas where we had the opportunity to try and master stand up paddle boarding! We also went snorkeling and met some pretty amazing parrots and an adorable little monkey from Costa Rica named Leecey. The lunch at Las Caletas Beach Hideaway included by far the most amazing seafood paella! When they boast an award-winning chef it is beyond true! It was so delicious!

Definitely Dreams Villamagna! You will never regret it! Have a great trip!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank MSKH21
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us and sharing your experience with future guests. I will make sure all the staff gets your nice comments, especially Oscar and Frank.
I am very pleased to know you have had an amazing vacation time and think of us as a fabulous choice; it will be a pleasure to host you back in a near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A friend and I stayed here 4 nights for a girl's trip and we had a blast! We never once had to leave the resort. The rooftop sushi bar is fabulous and a great way to end the day. The mimosa & bloody mary bar that is available with breakfast was a favorite each morning, as I love mimosas and my friend loves a good bloody mary. The staff was very helpful and friendly as well. We did have on minor hiccup with the phone in our room not working, but it was promptly fixed. It's a good thing we're close friends because the bathroom is open to the bedroom and doesn't offer much privacy but the room was gorgeous and the private hot tub was great to relax in before bed. We had a mountain view, which we were fine with. We sat at the beach all day so looking at the mountains at night was nice. Bar service was available at the pool as well as on the beach. There weren't a lot of other people our age (late 20s) at the resort, but that's ok. We were looking to relax on the beach rather than go to clubs. I'd go back with friends, family or as a couple.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank esevat
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I know your perspective will help many people when choosing their next vacations.
I am thrill to know you had a blast with your friends and enjoyed our service. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future with more friends, family or your partner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#15 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#18 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
#13 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!