“Great Vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at this resort, and we booked through Costco travel. We were picked up at the airport, had a lovely room, and were shuttled to the airport when our vacay came to a close.

As for the staff, they are extremely attentive. As we were there for a week, we got to know a few of them. They remembered things like how I enjoy my coffee, etc. Best service I've ever gotten, and I've stayed in many a nice resort.

We enjoyed the pools, balcony Jacuzzi, awesome housekeeping service, inclusive food and drink, nightly entertainment, and lovely beach. We weren't able to leave the resort much, due to my pregnancy, so we were thankful for many on-site activities. The next day's itinerary was delivered each night, so we really loved being kept in the loop. The tropical can-can show and fire shows were especially amazing. As for the beach, I could have done without vendors coming up to me every five minutes trying to braid my hair or sell jewelry, but that really wasn't enough to take away from the great experience.

As for the food, I was pregnant on this trip, so I'm not the best judge of its quality. I felt like much of the food was a bit bland (I love super spicy and salty), and I felt queasy a few times after eating, but that was probably just the baby! I will say, however, that I demolished the hotel's supply of virgin drinks and guacamole/chips. DELICIOUS! The bartenders never seemed to tire of coming up with yummy drinks (non alcohol) for me to drink. I really felt like I was able to join in on the party!

There are also on-site doctors. If you're pregnant, have a sick child, sustain an injury, etc, never fear! They even will make after hours calls to your room. Be advised that their services are an extra cost. As I dealt with travel related sickness secondary to my pregnancy (nothing to do with the resort), you better believe I was so thankful for their services. They saved my trip. Huge thanks to Dr Enriquez and Dr Quintero.

All in all, a great trip! My hubby and I will be back after the baby comes, and perhaps even take advantage of the Kid's Club.

See you soon!

2 Thank m w
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to start by congratulation you on the upcoming birth of your baby. We always care of our guests and give each one the importance it deserves. For us, it has been a pleasure to host you and we are more than happy to know we will see more of you and your family in the future.

Thank you very much for your nice review, and I will make sure Dr. Enriquez and Dr. Quintero get your thoughts.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (991)
Gallatin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Food was good in 2 of their restaurants, the others were just ok.
There was no swim up bar, so it took awhile to get drinks.
Entertainment was ok
Infinity pool was beautiful, beaches you could walk a long time so that was great
service was great

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chris1184
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. I am pleased to know you had enjoyed our service and the Infinity pool; these are great assets for our guests.
We have taken your comments in consideration. Hoping to welcome you back and experience our everyday improvements, it would be a pleasure to assist you.

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is absolutely AMAZING! The setting with the Sierra Madre mountains, the beautiful Banderas Bay and the ocean is beyond words! I've been to several resorts in Mexico and the Dreams Villamagna has THE best food I've ever had at a resort in Mexico! I highly recommend this resort!! The Gohan Sky Bar is the very best setting to have some yummy sushi, a cocktail and to catch a beautiful Nuevo Vallarta sunset and the Oceana restaurant has the most fantastic dinner with fried ice cream for dessert! Yum!

The service and the staff here are fabulous as well! They work so extremely hard to make certain you are enjoying your stay and they definitely want to help in any way possible. Oscar is the very best at serving drinks pool and ocean side and Frank up at the Gohan is just amazing! There are so many wonderful staff here it's a truly fantastic place.

I would also recommend a few excursions through Vallarta Adventures while you're here! My husband and I had the best night out on the south side of the Banderas Bay at the Rhythms of the Night dinner and show. So flipping cool!! A definite must for anyone on their honeymoon like us or if you're looking for a romantic night away from the resort. We also did the Outdoor Adventure and had an absolutely incredible and completely unforgettable time zip lining, repelling down waterfalls flying down water slides in the jungle of the Sierra Madre mountains with Sacha, Manuel, David, Daniel, Adrien, Alex and super talented photographer Maria. So much fun and so many phenomenal memories to last a lifetime. The last excursion we did was Las Caletas where we had the opportunity to try and master stand up paddle boarding! We also went snorkeling and met some pretty amazing parrots and an adorable little monkey from Costa Rica named Leecey. The lunch at Las Caletas Beach Hideaway included by far the most amazing seafood paella! When they boast an award-winning chef it is beyond true! It was so delicious!

Definitely Dreams Villamagna! You will never regret it! Have a great trip!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank MSKH21
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us and sharing your experience with future guests. I will make sure all the staff gets your nice comments, especially Oscar and Frank.
I am very pleased to know you have had an amazing vacation time and think of us as a fabulous choice; it will be a pleasure to host you back in a near future.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

A friend and I stayed here 4 nights for a girl's trip and we had a blast! We never once had to leave the resort. The rooftop sushi bar is fabulous and a great way to end the day. The mimosa & bloody mary bar that is available with breakfast was a favorite each morning, as I love mimosas and my friend loves a good bloody mary. The staff was very helpful and friendly as well. We did have on minor hiccup with the phone in our room not working, but it was promptly fixed. It's a good thing we're close friends because the bathroom is open to the bedroom and doesn't offer much privacy but the room was gorgeous and the private hot tub was great to relax in before bed. We had a mountain view, which we were fine with. We sat at the beach all day so looking at the mountains at night was nice. Bar service was available at the pool as well as on the beach. There weren't a lot of other people our age (late 20s) at the resort, but that's ok. We were looking to relax on the beach rather than go to clubs. I'd go back with friends, family or as a couple.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank esevat
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I know your perspective will help many people when choosing their next vacations.
I am thrill to know you had a blast with your friends and enjoyed our service. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future with more friends, family or your partner.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I try and stay at an All-Inclusive once a year and this one blew us away.

Neither of us had stayed at a Dreams hotel, but from now on Dreams will always be our first pick.

By far the best food, service and over-all hotel experience we have ever had. We were there for two weeks and the food never got boring, or, old.

Some of the people at Dreams I would recommend you meeting while you are there:

• Allen is the best Concierge you’re going to meet. He will go beyond what you ask for and make sure everything is above par.

• Francisco is the hardest pool server you’re going to see. Try and snag him for your drinks and they will never go empty.

• Israel the chef will make you anything you ask for.

• The adventure team, especially Johnny!

Thank you Dreams for making our holiday so special!!

3 Thank Reidjmartin
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, it is an honor to hear we have met one of our main goals; bring total satisfaction and beyond to our guest. Please feel welcome to the Dreams family. I will happily pass your nice thoughts to our staff.
We are more than glad to know you have enjoyed yourselves and had a very special vacation time. It will certainly be a pleasure to welcome you back very soon at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta.

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited Dreams Villamagna on October 4th - 11th to celebrate our " 20th Anniversary ". When we arrived ALL the staffs was great thru out, they made us feel welcome and comfortable. We had breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner at the World Café. They always greeted us by name and knew how we liked our breakfast with cappuccino. Luciano and Ismael at the World Café, they both always knew what we need and have it ready for us at the table. All the other restaurants were fantastic - Portofino, Oceana and Seaside. The resort is very clean and the food always fresh. Everyone at Dreams provide a service was above and beyond all the times. The Entertainment team was AWESOME - Lalo, Mitch, EZ and Johnny always have activities going around the pool or beach area. They are great GUYS!!! The Bartenders on the resort are amazing too. OVERALL the resort is great, room is spacious and beautiful, and pool/beach is very clean daily. My husband and I love this place and so glad we have meet so many great people on this trip. We came down to relax at Dreams with very little expectations and sure did the resort made it happen for us. Oh...it's not a partying resort but Rooftop is beautiful to hang out at night. WE definitely will return to Dreams with our friends and family. It was one of OUR best vacations ever for what we paid.

Room Tip: Any room is fine...It's beautiful and spacious.
4 Thank Wendy_Brampt0n
DreamsVM, Gerente at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am truly thrilled to know you had such a wonderful anniversary trip, “one of the best” is definitely the kind of comments we like to read the most.
I will let the staff know about your kind thoughts and on behalf of all of Dreams Villamagan Nuevo Vallarta team; I want to thank you for sharing your experience and helping other travelers easier to make a decision.

We are very glad to know you will be back; it would be our pleasure to assist you. Please do not hesitate in contacting me on your next visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was at the Dreams Villamagna Resort for the wedding of my middle son (to a gorgeous young lady by the name of Danielle by the way), so I had absolutely nothing to do with the choice of location or resort. I went in a bit skeptical given the overall cost as they tried to keep things economical for the large group we had. I can honestly say I was blown away by the resort from most every aspect. We definitely got our money's worth. We were met at the airport and the transfer to the resort was simple and easy, and that's not always the case for those who have traveled to Mexico before. At the resort we were met by a very friendly staff with cool towels and Mimosa's for all. The check-in process, though not as efficient as what we're used to in the States,I thought went pretty well, but again I think my expectations were still somewhat low. We stayed 5 nights and the entire experience was wonderful, and obviously the excitement of the wedding and being with a large group helped. So as for the resort, the rooms were spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The pools we're clean and well maintained. There were plenty of places to get food and drink, and again, the staff was pleasant, readily available, and prompt with their service (especially Betty, who we kept very busy delivering us drinks poolside). There were I think 5 restaurants to choose from and all were great, with the exception of a buffet 1 night outside at the World Cafe. The food there was marginal, but other meals at the World Cafe, especially breakfast was marvelous. Not sure what happened there, but if you do the outdoor buffet at the World Cafe to witness an evening show they have poolside, I would suggest a drink, enjoy the show, then go to either the Portofino or El Patio later for dinner. The only negative I had was the pool security. They have this policy that drinks have to be outside some imaginary line just out of arms length away if you're in the pool. They are WAY OVER THE TOP on enforcing that, but Betty made sure we were kept very happy and seemed as frustrated by the pool gestapo as we were. Don't want to scare you off with that comment as the bottom line is, I would go back in a heartbeat. The resort and staff are top notch.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tom W
Dear Guest,

I would like to start by congratulating you for your son’s wedding. I am very glad to know that even though you were not allow to chose the location, you were blown away and enjoyed yourselves. It will be certainly a pleasure to host you back in the near future.

Thank you very much for your review, I will pass your thoughts to Betty and the staff. We will take your comments in consideration and keep working hard to provide our future guests the best experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,362 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!