We stayed at Dreams Villamagna from March 30 to April 6 with my son, daughter-in-law and 2 small boys(18 months & 4 years). Overall we found the resort very nice, clean an well kept. the rooms were lovely with comfortable King beds and nice showers as well as a jetted tub on each balcony. Rooms were very clean and well furnished and mini bars were replenished daily. my husband & I paid a bit more for the Preferred Club upgrade and did not really find it to be good value for the $$ spent. The rooms were pretty much the same with the only added benefit being morning coffee and snacks and daily drinks and snacks the lobby area on the P.Club floor. We also received evening turn down service which was nice but again not worth the extra $$. Air conditioning was GREAT. You hardly could hear it running and the room was always a consistently comfortable temperature with no hot or cold spots.
The service in the hotel and around the pool and beach areas was good. Very friendly staff always ready to help though they sometimes seemed to have "favorite" groups. No complaints about the service.
Room service 24 hrs a day was a nice option as was the fact that no reservations were required at the restaurants. The one area of improvement would be the food selection. Overall the quality of food was pretty good but selection and variety were limited. For instance, the Seaside Grille had burgers, hot dogs, fries and nacho chips for lunch but no salads or desserts or ice cream or any other choices. Oceana was probably our favorite lunch spot with A La Carte menu for lunch. Oscar the waiter was always ready to get us whatever we wanted with our small kids. Portofino was disappointing with poorly cooked pasta. not good for an "Italian" restaurant. The buffet was OK but with limited selection though the breakfast Omelette bar was excellent. I did not have the opportunity to try El Patio though my son said it was pretty good. Overall - for the caliber of the resort we have been to less expensive resorts and had much better food.
Bars were good for the most part. Fili in the Lobby bar was great. Drink variety was good as well. Evening Entertainment was limited but of good quality. We did not use the daily activity services much so no comment there. Not much in the way of nightlife here. No disco. The Gohan roof top lounge was very nice.
We had to use the services of the resort doctor and were treated well and provided with good care for our young grandson who was ill with fever and tonsillitis.
Overall we had a great vacation at this resort but the upgrade was not really worth the extra $$ and the food selection and quality could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel