“Amazing Dreams Vacation!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing Dreams Vacation!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just got home in the wee hours this morning from Dreams Villamagna and was sad to leave. Let me just say that this was one of the best and most relaxing vacations we have ever had!! Being a travel consultant, I was looking at this resort with a critical eye so I can endure my clients are going to enjoy their stay at Dreams Villamagna. They exceeded ALL my expectations!!!! Fabulous service, amazing views, quality, and relaxation to be found here!

The staff were always going above and beyond their job to make everyone guest feel like a VIP guest, always smiling and genuinely enjoying what they are doing. Wishing I had an oceanview room like this at home with all the space and amenities like a deep soaker tub, private balcony jacuzzi and wonderful king sized bed. The resort was spectacular in appearance, always clean, added great finishing touches of flowers throughout the resort. The food was not only amazing to the palate, but to the eye as well. Could not complain about the food at all! The entertainment was very enjoyable and provided a variety of shows for all ages to enjoy. The number of pools surprised me and if you wanted to escape to a quieter pool area - you had lots to choose from. Never a problem finding a lounge chair to read or listen to your ipod while you sip on a beverage or three of your choice. The beach area was clean, had bar service, never-ending beach to walk on for hours and we were never bothered by any vendors. I read reviews from others regarding being bothered and pressured about time shares and I am thrilled to say, we didn't have any issues with this. In fact, they didn't approach us, although we knew they silently existed.

If you are looking for a luxury all-inclusive that is NOT a cookie cutter resort - then this is the place for you! Felt like royalty all week! They honestly couldn't do enough for you and to ensure your vacation was just perfect!! My husband and I loved being able to sit back, relax and enjoy the week of our life here at Dreams Villamagna - not something we can say about some of the other all-inclusive resorts we have been to before! May have been my first visit - but I assure it that it won't be my last!

Room Tip: Highly recommend going for the little bit extra and stay in the Ocean View Suites - you won't be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,042)
ontario
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the 3rd dreams that i have been to and is probably in 2nd place behind the Dreams Riviara Maya. Very Nice resort, people are always cleaning which is a good sign. The breakfast buffet is average at best, not a lot of variety as the week goes on it gets boring. Lunch at seaside snack and oceana are very good, just make sure to get hot dogs and hamburgers cooked really well done. Dinner at Oceana was the best, try the deep fried ice cream! The bars were average, they seemed to run out of beverages pretty fast and thats it for the night. The staff are very attentive and will get you anything you need. The rooms were a bit weird as a curtain separates it from the bedroom and almost frosted glass separates the toilet and shower areas, a little awkward. The beach is very pretty and there is not any shortage of chairs. The beach vendors get a little annoying, always trying to sell you something, but this is not Dreams fault. Sitting by the pool is nice as well as it is not as windy.
Overall a very good trip, thanks Villamagna.
P.s: if you are changing currency at the front desk, make sure to get a receipt with the exchange rate on it to make sure they dont give you a lower rate.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money on an ocean view room as the tropical view rooms have an amazing view of the m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beachgirl13canada
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I rounded out a month visit to Mexico in a self-contained suite one hour north of Puerto Vallarta with a four day visit to Nuevo Vallarta to Dreams Villa Magna. Our intent was some quiet time being spoiled before we returned to the cold and work. We have stayed at the Dreams property in Los Cabos so we were anticipating a similar experience.

First I must say this is one of the few times I have booked a king bed ocean view and got what I asked for. We were on the 6th floor of the main building directly centered with a view of the main pool and the ocean in the background. Beautiful. The room was well appointed and spacious (jr. suite). You must be comforatble with your travel companion as the bathroom facilities are only separated from the bedroom by a curtain and the toilet is in one glass enclosed room and the shower in another with double sinks behind the curtain. The bathroom counter space was more than adequate for toiletries. A large tub also sat in this area.

The room consisted of a king bed, sitting area with sofa and coffee table, bar fridge stocked with pop, juice, beer and water that was refilled daily and items could be changed if you asked the concierge, which we did to get more carbonated water. The balcony had a two person hot tub which we didn't try and two chairs and a table.

Eating:
The morning buffet was typical of most all-inclusives and did have a variety of mexican and north american favorites, an omelette station and a special of the day. Seating was your choice of inside or out and we always managed to get an outside table the last week of Feb.

Lunch was either at the ala carte Oceano or the buffet. The Oceano has a selection of sandwiches mostly with fries and a few salads which were quite small. The buffet selection, although I'm not a buffet fan, had a good lunch selection and we ended up there twice. Of course there is also the poolside snack bar which consisted of hamburgers, hotdogs and nacho chips with melted cheese. Sorry, no pizza.

For evening we ate only at the ala cartes. We checked out the dinner buffet just to see what was offered and it was very limited in my opinion. We ate twice at the Italian restaurant. The food was great, especially the appetizers, but our first visit everything came lukewarm. Second time around was better so maybe they were having an off night. The dress code of shirt with collar, long pants and closed toed shoes was not strictly enforced but maybe that was because they weren't that busy. We also ate at the seafood restaurant and the grill. Both had good food and were outside which is something I enjoy.

Drinks:
Here is where we were disappointed. The bars on the property did not carry a standard selection which is understandable at a pool bar but the others should have been better equipped. Theyalso had a tendency to run out of the more popular items, including red wine one night. Paying what we did for this place, I would have expected more brand name products, especially for liquors. Sometimes they would have Baileys but that was it. Not even brand name Kahlua which is made in Mexico! And forget about GM. The one good thing for us is that they had a blond and dark beer on tap for the hot afternoons.

All in all we enjoyed our trip as we did get the quiet relaxing time and the poolside waiters were very attentive. Chairs were not hard to come by and there no reservation fo chairs again was not enforced. It seems to be a popular destination for weddings and large wedding parties so be warned.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JetboyJetgirl
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I have vacationed at Villa Magna four times, the most recent in February-March of this year. Dreams Villa Magna has the best staff in all of Nuevo Vallarta. Everyone is friendly and helpful - some are exceptional and go well beyond expectations.

Horatio, in the main lobby is a wealth of information and is always smiling. He is invaluable to the resort and especially it's guests.

Corona, Jonny and Pato are fun people, hard working and always promoting good will and the resort.

We had two fantastic waiters - Oscar at the Seaside Grill and Oscar at the Mexican restaurant. If you get a waiter with the name Oscar - expect to be spoiled and pampered.

Julio serves drinks on the beach and around the pool. That man moves 100 miles per hour - all day long. He is cordial, hard working and a pleasure to deal with.

Dreams have great people on staff - too many to mention individually. Those singled out in this review are outstanding and worthy of whatever recognition Dreams can bestow upon them.

In addition to writing a review, another way to show your appreciation is to tip these hard working people - they don't ask for it, but be assured they are very deserving.

Thanks amigos, we look forward to seeing you next year!

Graeme and Judy

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank weare2forthesun
DreamsVM, Quality Control Management at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Graeme & Judy,
We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments, and for sharing with our future guests your experience at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa.For every one of us it is always a pleasure serve you and make of your stay better than the one before. I have made sure to let Horacio, Oscar at Seaside, Oscar at El Patio, Corona, Jonny, Pato & Julio, know of your gratitude. Our dedicated staff and I are glad to know you enjoyed your vacation experience with us. Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in this your home away from home.
It is a pleasure!
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to other Dreams resorts before, but this was my first time at this resort. I had such a relaxing vacation. We arrived at the resort and everyone was so nice, Arturo at check in was very accommodating. The room was gorgeous, I loved it, the jacuzzi tub in the balcony was just amazing! Food was great, the activities were great! The kids club was just fantastic, my five year old pretty much forgot about mom and dad and just wanted to hang out at the kids club, which was great because it meant my husband and I could sit back have a drink and relax. All three girls that work there were terrific, I can't remember their names, but they were all great, thank you for making the kids club so much fun. I especially like their schedule. They had making sand castles at the beach, tennis lessons, making cookies, bracelets, paintings, the list goes on and on. Needless to say it was not boring. My son loved it!
The Yoga classes at the beach with Pato were just fantastic! I was there every morning at 9, he did such a great job. One morning just before class started he pointed out the dolphins swimming by, it was such an amazing sight. Thank you for not letting me miss that Pato. :) Overall very relaxing and wonderful.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have Jacuzzi tubs, but I'd ask for it just in case.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carla p
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your preference. We appreciate your time to provide your valuable impressions of your holiday vacation with your family. I am pleased to know that you had such a great and relaxing time at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, rest assured that I will let Pato and Arturo know of your recognition.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family again in a near future.
It’s a pleasure!
fort mcmurray
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is our second dreams resort. Previous stay was at riviera cancun. The dreams Villamagna is a little older but kept up very nice. The pools were excellent with a warmer activities pool and a cooler pool in the middle of the three pools followed by the coolest pool right at the beach. My sons and I used all three and the coolest pool was nice to use in the heat of the day. The bars and restaurants were all good. We did miss the swim up bar though. We went fishing and the chef cooked our fresh caught fish for us which was arranged through the concierge on return from our trip. The kids club was smaller and my 8yr old was a little bored there, where the other dreams had a bigger outdoor style kids club area. The food was great and the portifino was the best a la carte. All in all a good trip and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ftmacmechanic
Dear Guest,
Our main compromise at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa is to create memories that will last a lifetime in all of our guests. We are really happy to know your and your family had a great vacation. We appreciate your comments, everyone of them are seriously taken in consideration to improve our facilities and services.
We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.
It is a pleasure!
London, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 4th time and was a great holiday. We really liked the Danny Doyle
show. Most of the shows are good. Sometimes on the terrace is a little cool so that takes
away from the show. As always the staff go out of their way to be helpfull. Georgina was
very helpful and concerned we were enjoying our vacation. Everything is very clean including
the rooms. The bed was extremely comfortable. At night it would be nice to have soft dance
music in the Gohan Bar. It is a beautiful bar and might keep people in it with good music. The
food is excellent in all restaurants. We really enjoyed the Mexican this year, Oscar is a great
waiter along with all the rest. Oceana is also great with Oscar there as well. We found that
there was not the premium drinks like other years. There are so many great people we have
made friends with like Victor, Corona, and all the waiters in the buffet where we found the food
has improved this year. We usually eat breakfast and sometimes lunch there and the selection is great.
We are hoping to return next year and renew our friendships. Roy & Marlene West

Room Tip: All the rooms are much the same. We have stayed in the garden view but like the sound of the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yorkie154995
Dear Mr & Mrs. West,
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your preference at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa as your vacation destination for the 4th time. You are part of our Dreams family, and I am pleased to know that we have accomplished our goal, for you to have another wonderful vacation. Georgina, Oscar, Victor and Corona know about your recognitions. It has been a real pleasure hosting you
We thank you; again, for your kind words and hope that you will give us the opportunity, once more, to serve you in this your “home away from home”.
Ivette Chavez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#39 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
#12 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!