All of the reviews on Tripadvisor really helped me organize the trip. top tips: ocean view, don't use time share coupons aka 'resort coupons', massage 2 hotels down cheaper and better than spa (Patty Spa -walk to right down the beach you'll see sign), avoid Time share people on first day -a bit overwhelming they are! Infinity pool too cold, etc.
The highlights for us - kids club (they never wanted to leave), all the activities, walking the endless beach, Oceana for lunch, the Tennis clinic with Ed the pro from NY, the Mexican night (loved the food), jacuzzi on balcony, turtle release 15mins down beach (talk to concierge -thank you Erik) The staff: Juliana, Francia (Kid's club), Omar, Francisco (Beach, Pool waiters), Erik concierge
The improvements (so little needed at this property) - scrambled eggs need to be cooked more (buffet), the hamburgers at Seaside Grill also need to be cooked more and use different spatula for raw and cooked meat
also -as others have mentioned it would be nice to have a one bdrm or family suite option as the rooms are very 'open concept' perfect for honeymooners but not 2 adults 2 kids
We are seasoned travellers to Mexico and are know about time share people and beach vendors, etc. but the Time share people here are too aggressive when you arrive (it's hard to tell them apart from concierge) the concierge is right at the front by the bell boy desk, but they leave you alone after day 1
Although I did read a review not to be beside elevator -we did end up beside one on the 7th floor, we were upgraded to preffered (robes, and 8th floor snacks, drinks) maybe because this was right beside elevator...we had no problems being next to elevator -clicks a bit but other floors may be louder
Bring binoculars as you may see some spouts, whales from balcony 5:30,6pm it seemed
I find this area warmer and a nice long beach to walk on compared to the Mayan riviera -(which we love too)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel