We returned to Dreams for a second time and stayed 2 weeks. Once again, we really enjoyed our stay. The staff at Dreams go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.
Rooms - We got an upgrade to an ocean view room. A very large room, quite nice. The view is great - amazing to see the sunsets. Could use some more drawers, but overall we reallly liked the room. Very nice bathroom. I'm not a fan of the rain shower, but know most people like it!
Restaurants - good choice of restaurants. The Italian remained our favorite this year with a good variety of choices on the menu. The other restaurants are also good but not as much variety on the menu. This year, I found the seafood restaurant not as good, it's not bad, just not great. The sushi place on the roof is nice but service is so so. Service at all other restaurants is quite good. As mentioned, all the staff are very friendly. We ordered room service for a couple of breakfasts and one dinner - they do a really good job. Breakfast on the balcony, by the ocean is reallly nice! And the mexican omelet was delicious.
Beach - this is a great beach if you like walking! It goes on forever in both directions and when the tide goes out you can walk on a flat beach with just a bit of water. The service on the beach was really on and off. It really depends on who is assigned to your section. Julio is absolutely amazing. Not only great service but he has such a nice way about him, gets everyone smiling and happy....you can tell when he has been by! Omar works very hard and is always friendly. That being said, if we didn't have one of these two for our section, there were days when no one came by the entire day....I complained once, and the service was better the next day but it didn't last. I'm not sure why the hotel likes the rotating waiters.
-there is no real lobby in the hotel. The lobby is more like a corridor so not a gathering place. Not great to go for a drink before dinner. We missed this.
-You can go to other AM Resorts in the area for a dinner for free - you just have to get there. We went to the NOW Amber resort in Puerta Vallarta. It's a nice perk and was fun to visit a new hotel. Taxi cost $17.
-This resort is very quiet - they share the space with condos and therefore it gets quiet at 10pm. For us this was great, but if you like a more action, you may find this place quiet. We loved the relaxing and quiet atmosphere. Shows are average and the animation is not very active.
-Service requests were always carried out very quickly.
Overall, we really enjoyed this resort and it's location. Loved the beach and the friendly service. We would go back again.
There are so many staff who were great so here are a few who stood out for us! Julio, Luciano, Ramon, Oscar, Jesus, Hector, Omar, Daniel, Angelica, Luis and Rosa. There are so many more...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel