3rd year in a row and still great. There are many reasons why one comes back to a tested spot; and always with the hope that there has been no decline. Happy to report it is still excellent.
The service, friendly staff, restaurants, beach, pools, cleanliness, laid back and relaxed atmosphere, all is still of the same calibre as first experienced in 2011. Yeah, it's Mexico and you will be asked about time share and stuff, and probably more than once but we have always found after initial day to day and half they leave you alone if you are firm with your no. It is their job after all.
The linens are of top quality and they never hesitate to change, provide more or even fill your room's bar fridge again with a call to the front desk. Had a good laugh the couple of days when we were in our room when our maid came - we said don't worry about it today. She asked surely the towels and bath mat? I replied I don't change them every day at home, we're good. The rooms are truly spectacular with the jacuzzis on the balconies, the deep free standing bath tubs, double vanities and huge glass balcony doors that we slide all the way open to enjoy the evening breeze and calming sounds of the waves through the night. Always turn off the A/C as soon as we arrive.
I fail to understand the minutiae people complain about, dinner took 3 hours at Portofinos (one of the a la carte resort restaurants). Goodness, when I go to a fine restaurant at home it better be leisurely. If I wanted the fast food experience I would drive through Mickey D's...or in this case go to the buffet. It was a huge disaster the one morning at breakfast when my favorite beverage ("green" juice) wasn't out yet and it would be another few minutes, so sorry, oh right, I'm supposed to complain, NOT.
The staff that attends to the poolside drink needs is attentive, entertaining and conversations with them are just a joy, special thanks to Julio who always leaves us in stitches.
I will again reiterate that this IS the ideal resort if you are looking for relaxation. The latest any of the bars are open is 12:30 (the rooftop - amazing view from there, and have heard some really great cover bands), so you get the picture. There is a great mix of all ages of guests, always pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoy the young couples with tiny kids having fun.
In our age of connectivity, many of us can't live without access to the net, WIFI is extra, $60 for the week. Sometimes it can be a little slow, or you may have to make a couple of attempts to get logged in, but no major issues. Hubs said if I need to check my email more than a few times a day, I have delusions of my own importance, lol.
Have never walked a more beautiful beach, miles of fine sand, super clean - no seaweed washing up, no rocks and the ocean is just the right temperature to be refreshing.
Needless to say, we will be returning, AGAIN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel