“Best vacation ever!”

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our recent stay at Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta was beyond amazing. Everything about the place was fantastic. Our room was great, the soaker tub and jacuzzi on the balcony being my favorite parts. The 24 hour room service was fabulous and very fast. The staff at Dreams went above and beyond at every opportunity. Every single person who works there was amazing. They all do a fabulous job. The entertainment team was fun and the staff were my favorite part. Ferny, Saul and Johnny especially were amazing!! They are all so talented and amazing at their jobs. All the staff are sincere, happy and really ensure that you have an amazing time and they enjoy themselves too. The food and drink was great as well, no reservations needed and everything very accessible. Overall, a fabulous place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I will definitely go back, as would the people I went with. I hope all the same great staff will be there.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank laurelrip
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is very pleasant to know that you had a wonderful time with us. We work very hard to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience. Our main goal is to satisfy all of you and have the gratification to welcome you once again. I will be glad to let Fernando, Johnny and Saul about your recognitions it really motivates them ehen they are acknowledge by our guest.

Please contact us through facebook, for assistance on your next visit.

Best Regards
Quality Control Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,099)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort for two weeks in early December 2012. The resort was very clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly and personable. I have been to 3 other all inclusive resorts in Mexico and dreams villamagna by far has the best staff! Everyone is very professional and hardworking and seem to enjoy their job, they work long hours and still have a smile! A special thank you to Ferny (entertainment team) for doing an excellent job at keeping us entertained. Also thank you to Mich, Saul, manuel, Johnny, Coronoa, and Brenda. You are all amazing and we would come back to this resort just to visit you!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tess I

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your nice comments. It is great to know that you and your love one enjoyed every minute at our resort. Please rest assures that I will let Fernando, Mich, Saul, Manuel, Johnny and Brenda know about your recognition, it is always pleasant to hear we have accomplish one of our main goals.

Once again thank you for your preference. Please keep in touch through facebook for any assistance in your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 16, 2013

NEGATIVE: It is too bad that this hotel has vacation membership sales people swarming the lobby of the hotel. You are absolutely inundated by them every time you walk through (which you have to do to get anywhere-pool, beach, restaurants). I think I would have given this hotel a good rating if it had not been for the "VIP" staff (they are the ones in the lobby at the desks--avoid asking them about how to get anywhere, or where to find something at the hotel (because they are not helpful and are rude) and especially avoid them when they approach you about receiving your $200 resort coupon (which is a joke too). After feeling like I was tricked into sitting down with them (they have your name and room number written down and "need to talk to you about your stay."), they offered us a four day three night stay at their Secrets hotel (adults only) if we listened to their 30 minute presentation. This was questioned several times but yet was promised by several of the staff (even the manager of these yahoos). After making an appt with them (and leaving the spa early to do it) we sat down with them and talked with one of the vacation membership presenters. After a half hour he said, "well, since you are leaving today we really can't do anything for you and would you purchase the membership anyways?" We said we didn't know enough about it to make a decision and he says "well, I just can't help you any further." When we went to get our vacation package they did not give it to us and said that we weren't at the presentation long enough and then said it is really only for those who purchase (even though I asked about this prior to listening to them). So, we wasted the majority of our last day with these lying VIP people--and absolutely ruined anything that was decent about this hotel. Because this staff is going to hound anyone who is married and makes over $50,000 a year, I would avoid this hotel.

POSITIVE:The hotel itself is not too bad, nice partial ocean view (although far away) and beach is nice if you don't mind the constant approach by the local sellers (who actually have a store right on the beach directly next to this property). My husband also got sick the first day after eating at The World Cafe in the hotel. I have seen these same comments from others so maybe avoid the food. Some of the bartenders are very nice and work very hard and others (especially at the bar adjacent to the ocean) are rude.
There was one employee, Christian, who we met the first day and saw him again on the last day who was very nice. Was interested in talking with us and made us feel welcome.
The maid in the room was very good and came everyday. Even folded our clothes that were laying out. She also made sure the mini bar was stocked with our requests. However, we all spend our hard working money to take a nice relaxing vacation. It broke my heart that this hotel was willing to ignore that fact and use it as a money making opportunity. For us, we go on vacation to experience a break from the stressors of life, but I left feeling more stress than I experience at home. Any hotel that does not understand this is not a place that I want to stay ever again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1108,a "partial ocean view". They tried to get us to upgrade but not su...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura H
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking the time to express your experience during your stay with us. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed your stay at Dreams Villamagna Resorts & Spa. All of us are hopping to have the honor to serve you again. It is very disappointing to find out about your issue the last day of your stay. Your observation has been reviewed by the Vacation Club Director aand is costantly evaluating the sales techniques and guests approach. In regards to your husband sickness we already verified the doctor´s report in a way to not minimize any case with the symptoms you mentioned but we do not have any report of it. We know It is never pleasant to hear that we have disappointed one of our guests and that we were not successful in making your stay enjoyable and unforgettable.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again and experience all the improvements.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Dreams in late December for 1 week, and we both had a fantastic time! Neither of us had been to PV, and after reading others opinions of this hotel, I decided this was where we were going to stay.

The rooms were fantastic (always clean, mini bar restocked daily, jacuzzi on the patio with a great view of the jungle behind the resort), the food was good, as were the drinks! The staff were very friendly and helpful, which made things a lot easier and more relaxing. The pools were fantastic (heated, infinity) and there were always different activities and shows going on throughout the day that you could take part in for no charge.

The one thing that wasn't great was the hour and a half we spent listening to a sales pitch about buying sort of "timeshare" for the dreams resorts. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money and the time to go on vacations constantly, I would have purchased this. However, being younger and not really able to afford this, having to endure constant sales pitches about buying into one of these was a bit of a pain. However, you can choose not to take part in these when you check in to your hotel, but we were unaware of that option and agreed to sign up for the session. They also take a deposit of $20 from you to make sure you show up, and after we had concluded the session it took a few hours for us to get our money back.

That aside, we took part in a few excursions offered by Vallarta Adventures which were absolutely fantastic. The Marine Eco Tour was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced while on vacation, and the Outback Adventure Tour was pretty cool as well (I wouldnt recommend this if you have back problems or get sick easily) These trips were offered at a reasonable price, and definitely enhanced our experience.

All in all, I would recommend staying at Dreams, as we had a fantastic time and will be trying out their other resorts throughout Mexico.

Room Tip: All rooms have some sort of ocean view, I actually preferred the jungle view as you get to see both!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank James R

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for choosing us to be part of your vacation & for sharing with us your feed back. Your comments and suggestions are very important for us so we can improve and grow as a company and believe me we are constantly reviewing the Vacation Club guests approach and sales techniques to avoide failures in customer service. Overall we are glad that you had a great time enjoying our luxurious rooms, our delicious gourmet food and our main ingredient our staff. I will be glad to congratulate them all.

Once again thank you very much for your comments. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Right from the check in to the check out, everything went smoothly. We arrived just after midnight so there really wasn't a wait at all. 5 minutes and we were up in our room. We awoke later that morning to a fantastic view of the Pacific ocean. Out our front door, an equally stunning view of lush vegetation and the Sierra Madre's in the distance.

The rooms were clean and spacious and thanks to our great housekeeper Luz, they remained that way through out our one week stay. The outdoor jacuzzi on everyone's balconies were a really nice touch, especially after walking the never ending beach.

If you can't sleep, there is always the television and I'm happy to say, there are many great English speaking stations to choose from and not just Spanish ones.

We ate breakfast mainly at the Oceana Restaurant. It was a la carte', it was quiet and the staff there was great with Alvaro, Augustin and (hostess) Maria all taking care of us fabulously. She was also hostess at the World Cafe from time to time and actually remembered our room number without having to ask for it! We tried the World cafe breakfast twice, but I really wasn't into that whole buffet thing. Plus, it was always a little busier and noisier.

Coco's was a nice little coffee shop that had a small assortment of pastries for you to choose from. My wife loved this place and the very pleasant young lady who was working there.

Portofinos was la migliore! (the best) Service was stupendous, the food was fantastic! We made sure that we had dinner there a few times over the course of the week. There was a great selection of Italian food.

El Patio was muy sabroso (very tasty). Once again, the service and the food were great and there were certainly no complaints from us.

Oceana for dinner was also very nice. It is outdoors and you may want to dress a little warmer if you are dining later in the evening. What I couldn't understand was the Seaside Grill. It was in the same place as the Oceana, so.....was the Grill a separate restaurant from the Oceana?.....was it part of it?....I still don't know.

The beach area was well maintained and clean, with Angel keeping the beach area secure from all the riff raff, lol. I absolutely love swimming in the ocean and with the roaring surf and the beautiful beach, who would want to lay by a swimming pool, really. No slimey rocks or nasty vegetation to contend with like some of the beaches in the Mayan Riviera, and Huatulco. I didn't see one jellyfish during our stay, but we did see a large school of stingrays in the surf, further down the beach. There is a bar close by and you can either get the drinks yourself, or have Fabiola bring them to you.

There were swimming pools, gorgeous ones as a matter of fact. The so-called adult pool was heated and closest to the main building. There were always kids in it, so I really don't know why they call it the adult pool. The other pools were not heated, in fact they were downright cold. These pools really didn't have many people in them and if you stuck your toe in the water, you'd know why. But, as I said, I like the ocean so it didn't affect me.

As is the case with many of these resorts, they will try and sell you on some kind of time share, or vacation deal. Dreams was no different in that respect, however unlike some of the other properties, they weren't all "up in your face" about it and trying to pressure you. You want pressure, just walk 40 minutes down the beach to the Flamingo. Miguel and company will have your head spinning and not in a good way.

Horacio at the concierge desk was a great help when I couldn't get my wifi hotspot working. Gracias Horacio, I did get my refund.

The young men working down in the lobby were always ready to help you with your baggage, or to hail you a cab. Elizabeth in VIP services, was super friendly.

The one thing I noticed about the staff at Dreams, aside from being so amiable, was the time they took to notice and acknowledge young children. They showed great patience when serving them, and great passion and caring whenever they interacted with them. It was really nice to see.

If you want to go into town, you're about a 15-30 minute cab ride (depending on traffic) away. It will cost about 200 pesos to get you to the Malecon. (really worth seeing, especially at night). If you want to do a little shopping and go for a walk, the town of Bucerias is about an hour walk north of the resort. Just follow the beach.

There are always a few negatives, because let's face it, no holiday is completely perfect. The ATM machine by Coco's was never working. So, if you needed money and didn't want to use your credit card to get it, you had to walk about four blocks down the street to the roundabout and get it at the machine there.

I noticed a lot of little ants crawling around the property. In fact, there was a steady stream of the little buggers crawling beside my television. As long as they weren't crawling on my bed, I could care less.

The one thing about the beach that I didn't like was the constant barrage of salespeople who were trying to sell their wares. You know, chances are if I didn't want to buy your sunglasses or pottery at 1pm, I certainly was not likely to change my mind 30 minutes later. It was tough to catch a nap when you were always being approached.

The World Cafe needs 2 hostesses. One for the main doors(by the lobby) and one for the door that leads to the pool. What is the point of having someone checking your room numbers and seating you, when others just slip in through the other door?

Overall, this trip was one that we'll never forget. The positives certainly out numbered the negatives, greatly. The overall friendliness of the people, not only at Dreams, but throughout Puerto Vallarta certainly guarantees that we'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camzoller
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The resort was beautiful, every one there was nice and very friendly. Our room was great and had a jacuzzi on the balcony and our mini fridge was always stocked up! The servers and bartenders were amazing always made us different shots and drinks to try. Ferny and Saul with the entertainment team were awesome! They took care of us and made sure we were always having a good time and took us out downtown Puerto Vallarta a few times. Would definitely go back there!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank JKSpence
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are please to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We work very hard to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience. Our main goal is to satisfy all of you and have the gratification to welcome you once again. I will be glad to congratulate Fernando and Saul and let them know about your recognition.

Once again thank you very much for choosing us.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2013

POSITIVE

Beautiful grounds.
Privacy and shade around pools was awesome. Could have peace and quiet whenever you wanted around poos.
Servers on beach and in pool area were great.
Comfortable beds and cean rooms.
We got upgraded to ocean view I think because check-in took so long. (45 minutes) View was fabulous.
Nice view of mountains even while walking to rooms because hallways on outside.
Bathrobe and sippers provided. (a llittle worn but not bad)
Activity page delivered in evening with weather, activities for next day and spa specias.
Food Reflexology with Iris at spa was fabulous.
Coconut Ice Cream at Oceana was great.
Granola, coconut and raisins were provided at breakfast.
Maid was super nice and hepful--her name was Gabriele
Room was cean.
Public bathrooms clean.
Entertainment on Friday night was superb. Started early and ended at a decent time.
Juices at breakfast were great.

NEGATIVE

Food was bland and options were limited. I've been to other resorts down there and the food
was great. Very disappointing. I got sick one morning and it seemed like food poisoning. By end of week we were eating just fruit and and omelet at breakfast. We didn't attend the big Mexican buffet the last night because we were sick of food. (And I'm not picky at all.) One couple I talked to said they felt same way about food and another one said they loved it. It just wasn't the quality I have had at other resorts. The nachos were great first day at Oceana but then next day we got just chips with some beans on top. Not many chocolate desserts or good desserts. Usually there is an abundance of fresh fruit. They had Papya, honeydew melon and pineapple.

Help in World Cafe were catering to some and not others. Usually at restorts they bring you water aways but not here. Had to ask for it. First morning I got there too eary and didn't realize they weren't open. One of the servers was rude about telling me they weren't open.
Same morning later on someone waked thru with a huge box of pastries and took it outside on patio. Most of the servers went out there and were eating the pastries in full view. That seemed strange to me.

Too many employees in lobby but it seemed they were on the computer and not looking for ways to help. I asked one for bottled water and he was reluctant because it was his last two bottles. No one seemed to know who would have more. I asked for some information about a cab and instead of the employee giving me the info he started asking me personal questions like if I was single, how old my daughter was..... Very strange.

Coffee shop had pastries in open air uncovered and sometimes flies were on them.
Menus were old and tired.
Bamboo in room was tired looking
Room layout was strange. Just a curtain separating bathroom and room.
Seemed to be a disconnect between help and management. I asked for the advertised drink of the day and the server said he didn't know what the drink of the day was.
Outside eating areas like Seaside and Oceana needed more cleaning

I'd go back but I would bring my own food.

Room Tip: Make sure and get ocean view. We got upgraded without asking and it was so worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Becky G

Dear Guest,

At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, we appreciate all of our guest’s comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities. We are concerned to know that we did not completely fulfill your expectations and we deeply regret the inconveniences you encountered. As a service oriented company, our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guest’s expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest’s experiences play a key role in this continuous process. I would like to share with you, that your observations had been reviewed by our Room Division Manager, always doing our best to provide guests unforgettable vacations & comfort.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Kindest Regards,