“Cant wait to return!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Cant wait to return!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Dreams is awesome! Im planning my next trip because I cant wait to go back! The resort is beautiful and the food is amazing. Victor and the Entertainment team helped make the week so fun and I cant wait to hang out with them next time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AOzzy
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Our main compromise at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa is to create memories that will last a lifetime in all of our guests. We really appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your compliments for Victor and the entertainment team, they do their very best everyday to keep all of our guests enjoying of these beautiful days at our resort.

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and sincerely hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future. Please contact our Public Relations Manager for any assistance in your next visit.

Quality Control Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
Ridgetop, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta October 7-12 to celebrate 15 years of marriage, and let me tell anyone who is considering this hotel that it is absolutely above and beyond all the reviews! I was having a hard time trying to decide where to go and the travel agent recommended Dreams Villamagna. I liked the idea of going somewhere with some culture and history and so I decided to go with it. Best decision ever!!! Let me tell you a few reasons why Dreams Villamagna should be your next vacation destination...
First of all, above being a 4 Diamond hotel, Dreams Villamagna has absolutely the nicest staff of anywhere I have ever stayed. They go out of their way to be nice and accommodating to you. From the moment we arrived and met Erick, who took care of our luggage and taxi needs, we were treated like royalty. Erick always had a smile on his face was happy to answer any question or just chit chat with us while waiting on a taxi. Then we met Angeles and Atef, who introduced us to the Dreams "way of life" and showed us around and made us feel like we owned the place - like it was our home.
When we had settled in and made it to the beach, the waiters were waiting to bring us any drink we wanted, and kept them coming. Same thing at the pool. We never went thirsty. We tried each daily drink special and a few of our own favorites, and they were all exceptional. The mojitos were a favorite!!
The unlimited meals were amazing! I will have to say we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the World Cafe probably the most. The coffee was amazing!! So much selection to choose from, but the french toast was my favorite. Josue was our waiter most mornings and he was the BEST!! Always so friendly and made sure we had everything we wanted. He even sat with me the one morning my husband did not come down to breakfast! I thought that was so nice. The waiters at all the restaurants were so happy to bring us anything we could ever want. We never had to wait on anything, table, food, drink, ketchup, whatever - they were on top of it.
We also met Azucena and Francisco with the Unlimited Vacation Club and are still corresponding with them even after we left. If you get a chance to talk with them, do it!! Because when you leave Dreams Villamagna, you will be wanting to go back as soon as possible and they can make that happen affordable for you.
The spa at Dreams Villamagna is wonderful. I booked a 50 minute aromatherapy massage and was able to use the hydrotherapy circuit at no extra charge. My husband was even invited to use that portion with me "on the house". Laura did my massage and afterwards she was my new best friend!! I have had plenty of massages, and this one was by far the BEST. I would definitely recommend visiting the spa on your visit.
While we were there, we wanted to take a couple of excursions, so we decided on the Rhythms of the Night and the City Tequilla Tour. Both were excellent. The Rhythms of the Night is rated #1 for a reason - it's so good. We had a nice boat ride over to the island, where we were greeted by all the waiters and entertainers, waiting for our arrival. The show was fantastic and the food was over the top delicious!! The entertainment staff on our boat was great too. And I highly recommend the City Tequilla Tour. We learned alot about the history of Puerto Vallarta and really enjoyed the beautiful ride up into the Sierra Madre Mountains. We saw the most amazing views and had a very good meal at the Tequilla Factory. The meal was a little pricey, but it was worth it.
Puerto/Neuvo Vallarta is home to the NICEST people in the world!! My husband and I were so amazed at how nice everyone was, at the hotel, in town, tour guides, everybody we met.
A couple of words of caution to you that we learned from the airport - DO NOT STOP at the 2 sections of Time Share desks in the airport. We past one section, as we were informed to do so by our transportation service, but the second group got me. We finally made it to our transportation, but not without a sales pitch. Remember, there are TWO sections.
Also, don't miss the sunsets in Vallarta!! They are amazing. We wished we had our camera ready to record them, but missed that opportunity. They are spectacular!
I can't say enough good things about Dreams Villamagna. As you can tell, we had the most amazing time and fell in love with the people there and in Puerto Vallarta. Do not hesitate any more - book Dreams Villamagna today. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 1 on the 5th floor. The view was good, but higher up would give you a little...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank westparkmom
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review about Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa and for choosing us to celebrate your anniversary; it was a real pleasure to host you. We appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback about the services and facilities of our resort, your recommendation is a true honor, I am sure that our future guests will find a lot of answer to their questions with this type of reviews. We are also pleased to know that we have accomplished the goal of having one more of our special guests satisfied. We appreciate your compliments to Erik, Josue, Angeles, Atef, Azucena and Francisco , they do their very best everyday to keep all of our guests enjoying of these beautiful days at our resort.

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at Dreams Villamagna from September 27th - October 4th. We had done our research on Tripadvisor so we knew what to expect and were not disappointed.

Sunwing got us there about 45 minutes early and we were at the resort about 45 minutes after landing. Breezed though the airport and customs as we were the only plane landed at that time. Checkin was quick and our bags followed shortly to our room - #1703. We were very pleased with the room and the bathroom set up was perfect for us. What a great view from the balcony. On our way to our room we were invited by Michelle to join them for the fire show on the terrace which we did after we had unpacked. Other reviewers complained about furniture, bedding, curtains etc being dirty but we had no issues at all. Our room was cleaned and always had fresh towels every day. Housekeeping was great in our opinion. Our room was quite a ways from the elevator so had no noise issues and the bed was a bit hard but comfortable enough for us.

We opted for the preferred club to guarantee an upper floor view and did enjoy the amenities provided on the 8th floor. We had a mimosa and pastry there in the morning as we are not big breakfast people. Sometimes we would stop in for a drink to take back to our room in the afternoon. We had the use of a computer which was great as well. The concierge there was very helpful in answering our questions about check out and when our room key had been cut off, Didn't see other perks that were provided at other Dreams we had been to, like private check in, beach/pool areas.

We really enjoyed the food at Dreams - actually only ate in the buffet the first morning. The Sun Dial activity sheet dropped off in the room every day clearly indicated the restaurants open every day. We enjoyed the Italian as it was adult only and we ate there 3 nights - loved the soup there. Service was exceptional and to our surprise, there was never a wait. We went to the El Patio on two occasions and enjoyed the escargot and osso buco. The rest of the time we went to the Grill/Oceana. We spent lunch every day at the Oceana which had enough variety to satisfy anyone - thanks to the great service by Oscar and many others there - our wine glasses were kept topped up. We enjoyed sharing one of the many sandwiches and I particularly enjoyed the chicken fajita's there. Lovely view with a nice breeze. We also had room service the first night and a continental breakfast one morning on our balcony - all delivered within 20 minutes or so and with such courteous service.

Weather was very hot all week except for one overcast day with showers off and on. We really enjoyed not having to get up at the crack of dawn to get a beach chair in the shade - lots of chairs. We usually sat under a palapa facing the ocean near the Sugar Reef bar. Sometimes we were the only ones in this area. We met Julio early on and he provided great service with a smile and remembered our drinks. The only problem was on the day of a wedding when we were at lunch we came back to find them moving our belongings off the chairs and we had to find a spot by the pool which was in the sun for the rest of the day. The next wedding on Wednesday, the chairs were all moved in the morning so this didn't happen. We were actually closer by the pool to the wedding ceremony than if we had stayed in our original chairs.

A red flag/jelly fish sign was up all week but if you enjoyed the surf it was great. First thing in the morning and late afternoon was usually calmer for a dip in the ocean. Pools were very clean and warm. Didn't mind the fact that there was no pool swim up bar and never had a problem sipping a drink beside the pool. In fact, one day while we were sitting by the pool, I asked for a flavoured vodka drink and the waiter went all the way up to the lobby bar to get one for me as they were out of that vodka at the Sugar Reef bar - talk about service! We enjoyed many long walks on the beach and never felt worried about security.

We knew going in that this resort was not a party place and nightlife closed down early - very true. We did catch the fire show, circus, mexican and mime shows which were entertaining but a little early for our taste. We really didn't see much of the entertainment crew except the lovely Michelle who always spoke to us and encouraged us to participate - I enjoyed the cooking demonstration one afternoon. Michelle is a great ambassador for this resort - so friendly and she seemed to be everywhere. The music in the lobby was nice but there just wasn't enough seating to go around and those cushions just didn't work. We absolutely loved the rooftop sushi bar for martinis and sunset before dinner and later in the evening. I couldn't figure out why it was never busy! We enjoyed several lovely sunsets from this venue while enjoyed a chocolate martini or cosmo. However, there were several nights when it was closed - not sure why- and then we just retired early and sat on our balcony with a candle or enjoyed the jacuzzi.

We checked with the concierge about extending our room on the day of departure since we had a later flight and were told we could stay til 3:00 and pay $10/hr after that. We were told to check back on the day of departure and sure enough, our room had been booked and we had to be out by 2:00. However, she told us that we could reserve a hospitality room which we did. So, we were able to enjoy the morning on the beach and check out by 2:00, had lunch and relaxed a bit more in the shade. We had reserved the room for 4:00 and were told we could use it as long as we wanted. Lovely room with clean shower and lots of towels. We changed and went to the lobby for a 5:50 pick up. Very nice, relaxing way to spend our last day.

I would have loved to have given this resort a 5* rating but could not due to a few small issues. The beach chairs were very dirty looking and we always sat in the nicer ones up by the pool area. Skybar closed 3 out of 7 nights for no particular reason. Seating in the lobby was inadequate. Beach volleyball net was on a slope to the water and waves lapping at your feet - not conducive to a good game. This could have been moved up to the sandy area by the bar with poles you could take out when the game was over - just a suggestion. Liked the 3 different recycling bins but were disappointed to see them emptied into one garbage bag! There were lots of young children at this resort and most were well behaved. However, as a couple travelling with no children, it would have been nice to have an adults only pool area as there are 3 different pools - maybe the one closest to the beach? One day this pool was closed down for sanitation reasons - you can't have a drink in the pool but the kids can foul the pool? Loved the hammocks to have a snooze and get away from the screaming and splashing at times.

We have travelled extensively to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Cuba over the years so we know what a 5 star resort looks like. Dreams is very close in our opinion. Service is second to none! We would definitely return and would recommend this resort to our friends, especially anyone who might have mobility issues. Dreams Villagmagna - it was our pleasure!

Room Tip: Upper floor for nice sunset view - 1703 quiet and centre resort view.
6 Thank Westhilltravelgirl
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for your feed back and recommendation. It is very important for our company and staff to receive all of our guest’s compliments and commentaries, all of your reviews help us every day to improve our quality in our services. We are really glad you enjoyed our Dream, all of our restaurants, bars, rooms and personalized services are ready to welcome you back anytime. Be sure we will let Michelle know about your recognition.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in your home away from home Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa.

It is a pleasure!

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I stayed for a week on 1st wk of July. There was thunder & rain 4 of 7 days, mostly at nights so the nightly shows were held indoors. It was still warm yet humid during the day with some glimpse of the sun so I still got my tan :) The staff everywhere, esp. at all the restaurants (no need for reservations which I love), are very friendly and remembered what drinks we usually order since we dine at the diff. restaurants everyday. Pato is my fave entertainment crew. He teaches yoga every morning by the beach and I enjoyed the bike tour. Kayaking & water aerobics were fun, too. The beach was warm and calm but not good for snorkeling since it wasn't clear. We did Vallarta Outdoor Adventure which was awesome! Btw, don't forget to bring bug spray since there are lots of different bugs and the mosquitoes attacked me badly. Overall, I enjoyed the stay except for the rain; so better check the weather forecast ;)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Imaginasian
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to be your host in your holiday. It is pleasant to hear that you enjoyed alog with your love one our services provided by our amazing friendly staff and facilities such as our terrific restaurants and our golden sand beach where you can relax and have long nice walks, te activities such as Kayak, water aerobics and also the tours in the area. I will personally let Pato know about your recognition, it really motivates our staff when they are acknowledge by our guests.

Once again thank you for taking the time of sharing your travel experience in this forum.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I came for a wedding on Oct 3/12 and had the best time here at Dreams Villamagna. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about this resort. The staff, food and service are exceptional. From the moment we arrived right up to and including departure we were treated like royalty. Our room was beautiful and clean as was all outside areas including the beach. My niece and fiance were married on the beach and the resort did an awesome job of catering it. The staff went out of their way to ensure your needs were met. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jackie D
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments in Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your husband enjoyed the service and facilities. Our main commitment is to make our guests feel at home away from home, providing the friendliest service with a warm and happy to please even the most demanding of our guests for a memorable experience. We are also glad to hear that our staff made of your stay more pleasant and did a great job, they are a important part of our success.

Thank you again, we are looking forward to welcome you soon in your home away from home “Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa” in a near feature. Please feel free to contact our Public Relations Manager through facebook or email for any assistance in your next visit.

st. louis, mo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is not so much to sum up my trip but to give someone thinking about staying here an idea of what to expect. The food and drinks are pretty typical of an all-inclusive, please don't think my 3 spot rating means it's terrible. Actually it's nearly the exact same as another resort I have been to. Not that it's bad but don't expect to go into the Italian restaurant and receive top-notch Italian food. After all, you are in Mexico.
The food: We mostly ate at the buffet as our stay was only a few days and it was quick and easy. The staff in the restaurant and buffet are wonderful and remembered what I liked to drink so that I walked in and they already knew what to get me. Very nice. Table service was slow. I'm not sure where they would go to get my drink, but they were nice anyway. I can't imagine what it would be like in the busy season!
The drinks: There is some top-shelf alcohol which is nice but you aren't going to get a drink like you would in the US. I most enjoyed the Mojito, even though they ran out of mint sometimes, it was still good without the mint. I can never get lemons in Mexico. Only limes. I am not sure why this is.
The room: The room has a nice set up. But it's showing it's age (I think the resort is only 4 years old). I do not know WHY hotels insist on putting throw pillows and such on the bed that are not machine washable (it's not just this resort). I spotted some stains on the throw going across the foot of the bed so we just took it off. There were also some stains on the sofa. I wish they would just put a washable cover on it. Also stains on the curtains. Mold on the basket on the vanity. Not much privacy as there is only a curtain to separate the vanity from the bed area however the toilet is enclosed. All that said the maid was terrific! We left her a nice big tip because despite the wear and tear in the room, she always had our bed clean and made and even tidied my mess of make up I left on the table. We had an awesome view of the resort, we were on floor 5. Also, beds in Mexico are notoriously firm. Last time I was in Mexico I may as well have slept on the floor. The bed here was not so hard, still firm but sleepable! There is a mini fridge in the room always stocked with soda and water (all included). Room service is available and is also included.
The grounds: Lovely, albeit smaller than what I am used to. What you see in the picture of the pool is what you get. They keep the grounds very nice and clean. The pool was great! There is a nice area of sand with lounge chairs on the actual resort grounds if you want to sit and look at the ocean without being harassed by people selling things. There is no swim up bar but there is a bar close enough to the pool and also a restaurant with outdoor seating by the pool that offers table service or a small buffet with snacks like hamburgers and hot dogs.
The Beach: First of all the beach is federal property! So anything negative I have to say is not the fault of the resort. This resort is on Banderas Bay and I guess, because of that, the water is grey and murky (from runoff?). I'm not sure. We took a boat ride out of the bay and the water was beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the ocean when I cannot see what's touching my legs (kelp). The "jellyfish warning" flag was up the entire time but I didn't see anyone getting stung. A giant dead sea turtle washed up on shore. But there were things I liked too. Baby sea turtles were there and I've never seen that before. So don't go thinking this is the Carribean. There are people selling things on the beach and it's a pain to keep having to tell them no, or if you act interested they won't leave you alone.
The town: I loved the town. It's quaint, with a boardwalk. Cost $20 each way for cab there but is worth it. Lots of shops, not too many people harassing you to buy things. Ocean is clearer, saw lots of baby sea turtles. Previously I had a bad experience going in the town of Play del Carmen. Awful poverty, scary. But this was not the case here.
Finally, just know that in the airport when you get in you will be overwhelmed (if this is your first trip to Mexico) with people harassing you and pretending to be your transportation. It's terrible and I don't know why they allow this. AND on the way out of the country, your bags will be opened on tables for all to see as they get searched. So don't pack anything you don't want the whole airport to see. Overall, for the money it's probably not a bad deal. But for me I'd rather save longer, spend more and find a place somewhere closer to the Carribean with clearer water.

4 Thank famoffar
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for expressing your feelings regarding your recent stay with us.
At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, of course it is never pleasant to hear one of our guests has encountered dissatisfaction during their stay. We are committed to excellence without exception and our guests’ satisfaction is the most important point. After sharing your review with our operations managers the necessary actions were taken in order to avoid future failures of services. Our standards still remain well above the norm, giving us the secure confidence in the products we are offer to our guest and this includes safe procedures in the preparation of food and water in all areas of the hotel including our pools. On the other hand we are glad that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by our amazing staff, our grounds, the tour in a boat to other beaches in the area, town etc.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Kindest Regards,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband created a birthday celebration to remember with help from the staff at Dreams Villamagna. I was princess for the whole trip! Coming back to Dreams Villamagna was coming home and celebrating with my PV family! We had magical day where staff sang to me at every turn, brought me special dishes, presents and drinks. Our dinner was on a table covered with flowers, flaming coffees and 4-courses off menu prepared with so much love from Chef at Portofino. We went back to the room and found chocolate covered strawberries, fresh flowers and a bubble bath in the jacuzzi. Nothing can top the experience Dreams Villamagna provided. Words aren't enought to thank Brenda, Joseua (World Cafe), Manuel & Oscar (Oceana), Alan & Raul (Portofino), Francisco & Julio and so many behind the scenes. I know I've forgotten to mention a good 20 more I'd like to recognize. We'll be back in February - anxious to catch up with all of you!

1 Thank w1dergrl
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about your recent visit to our resort and for choosing us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed birthday celebration stay at Dreams Villamagna and that and that our staff made your stay even more pleasant with the efficient, attentive, professional friendly service and the small details that made of your birthday more special; it is an honor for us to know that we have an amazing team that is helping us achieve our goals. I will personally congratulateBrebda, Josue, Manuel, Oscar, Alan, Raul, Francisco and Julio for their excellent job done and for making your stay memorable.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcome you again and again to this your home Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa. Please keep in touch with Brenda on facebook or by email, for any assistance on your next visit. It will be a pleasure to take a good care of you.

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,446 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!