“Good safe place, value for money”

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Service and location are excellent. But basically a large building type of resort. Most rooms have a nice view are comfortable and serviced well. Beach is across the pool. Staff really take care of you. All inclusives have to compromise on food and drink quality, especially those that are moderately priced. This place is no exception to this, both world cafe and el patio are nice, about a 5-6/10. Overall experience definite 8/10

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments in this forum. We are please to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We work very hard to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience. Our main goal is to satisfy all of you and have the gratification to welcome you once again.

Once again thank you very much for choosing us.

Kindest Regards
Quality Control Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,099)

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at all-inclusive Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta from May 16-23, 2012. We stayed in building one – room 1319. I’m ranking our stay as 5 out of 5 despite the housekeeping annoyance we experienced that has been mentioned in other reviews. We felt that Dreams VM was a great value for the price we paid (thru Travelocity). We have been guests at Dreams Puerto Vallarta; Dreams La Romano (D.R.); and Dreams Huatculco; RIU Palace Riviera Maya; Grand Palladium Riviera Maya … overall, I feel that Dreams Villamagna is my favorite.

PREFERRED CLUB.
I was curious about Preferred Club. We did not purchase it, but many have reviewed it favorably. Others have not been so favorable. So I talked personally to the resort concierge who is responsible for Preferred Club. Here’s what she told me P.C. guests receive (for the additional “charge”):
1.All Preferred club rooms are in Building 1 floors 7 and 8. So these rooms have the best views of the ocean.
2.P.C. has its own concierge on these floors
3.P.C. members get preferential check in and check out. For instance, check out is noon, but if a P.C. guest wants to stay over a few hours later there would be no charge
4.P.C. has its own bar on location with premium liquors
5.P.C. guests can schedule their housekeeping times and schedule turn down times

HOUSEKEEPING.
Let’s get this out of the way. It was our only gripe and it should be easy for the resort to correct. We only expect 4 things from housekeeping: have 2 bars of soap in bathroom at all times(one for sink; one for shower); make the bed daily; take away the dirty towels (those left on floor); keep room stocked with ample clean towels (face, hand, and bath-size). We didn’t get these basics without asking for them daily. Shouldn’t be that way.

AMSTAR VACATION CLUB “SALES”.
Based on previous Trip Advisor reviews, they have described what it’s like pretty accurately. We discovered that there is a stipulation that Dreams guests can only attend a presentation once every year and a half. Fortunately for us, we actually did attend an AMStar vacation club presentation last year at Dreams Huatulco. P.S. – Gevi (spelling may not be correct), an AMStar sales associates in the lobby, was actually a very sweet girl. When she first approached us it was done so with courtesy and respect. As it turned out, there was no presentation she could claim, but I liked her style.

POOLS.
Fantastic pools! Loved them. Be sure to check out all the posted pictures (with the other resort photos). Pool water was not as icy cold as that of the Yucatan resorts. Didn’t need to rely on umbrellas for shade. There were several overhead “sail cloth” shades around the pools. These were great. You got complete shade protection for up to 15-20 chaises per overhead cover without being cramped. Also, the chaises were very comfy. Instead of the white plastic PVC cheapos most resorts have around the pools, Dreams VM had nice soft wicker-style chaises with wheels (making it much easier to move around) with matching wicker cube tables. No one did the “towel” saving of chairs. Didn’t need to. Plenty of great chaises; plenty of shade. Also, the pool water was extremely clean … I didn’t see a single leaf or dead bug in the pool water while I was there. There is no swim up bar and they don’t allow you to take drinks into the pool, but that didn’t bother me.

BEACH.
Fantastic! Believe all the favorable comments previously mentioned in Trip Advisor. All true. It may not be the white sand of the Yucatan, but there’s no seaweed or rocks on these beaches (unlike the Yucatan). Also, there’s a slight slope of the beach to meet the water (no steep drop offs). Boogie boards were available for free check out at the towel hut. We walked south on the beach front into Nuevo Vallarta marina (about 25-30 mins). The beach vendors were no problem. I thought they were polite and quite humorous. Example: one vendor carrying some gaudy fish-bone sculptures approached me with “Need any more junk to take home? If so, I have quality junk for you.” He made me chuckle.

ALA CARTE RESTAURANTS.
Fantastic! Loved all of them. I gained 5 pounds this week. Best beef we have ever experienced on any resort with the exception of Dreams Puerto Vallarta where the beef was equally good. Just loved the great smell of meat on the grill every day. They are definitely grill masters here. As for drinks, we favored mixers over wine and beer. My husband said his were always good (especially the spicy Bloody Marys). I opted for the “drink of the day” and they were all very good.

Seaside Grille: This open-air restaurant might be easy to overlook because of its location adjacent to Oceana. The beef fillets are fabulous … butter knife tender. The fried calamari was terrific too. Better than what I’ve had back here in the states. Special recognition goes to our waiter, Angel. He was fantastic. I would give this restaurant an A++ for selection; food presentation; and food quality.

Oceana: We ate at open-air Oceana each daily for lunch. I loved the Caribbean pork sandwich with French fries and the “duet mousse” for dessert. The French fries were actually very good! My husband got the Mexican skirt steak daily with “tropical cup” (coconut ice cream) for dessert and he raved over it. The chips and guac were fantastic too. Special recognition goes to our wait staff, Augustin and Oscar. These guys did a fantastic job and they work really hard … especially during the hottest portion of the day. A+

Portofino’s: Yes, it was great! There have been lots of terrific reviews on Portofino’s. All accurate.

El Patio: Loved it!!! Great appetizers and the best Mojitos and Margaritas ever. Special recognition goes to our waiter, Gabriel. He was always courteous and served with a smile. One night, my husband was having a hard time deciding between catch of the day and beef fillet. Gabriel kindly offered to bring him half portions of both. My husband loved it. A++

The World Café has been reviewed by many. Those reviews are pretty accurate. It is a tastefully decorated restaurant. I would like to acknowledge our wait staff, Rosa and Claudia. They were extremely attentive and very nice … thank you! As for breakfast food quality, it was sufficient. One thing … before we return to Dreams VM next year, I hope they replace the beat-up old toaster. Seriously!! That thing never worked well the week we were there. Also, they should put bacon out in the steam tables. If we asked for it then they would bring it. Some of the daily dishes were odd looking: “pumpkin stew”; “cactus stew”. Couldn’t make myself try them. As for the “green” breakfast juice that I tried … it’s a combination of cactus and pineapple juice. It was okay.

COCO DREAMS.
Generally speaking, I thought the coffee was brewed too strong at the resort … even with cream and sugar. But lots of folks like it strong. So I simply made a trek to Coco Dreams each morning and got a mocha or latte “to go” made to my preference. Thank you Coco Dreams!

NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT.
We attended only three evening shows: the Fire show; the circus show; and the tropical show. All three were excellent. I highly recommend these!

THE STANDARD SUITE ROOM.
We were in room 1319 (third level of building one). Our terrace view looked into the garden so that we saw dense trees with a partial ocean view. Others have commented on the bathroom layout in a negative way. I disagree. I really liked the openness of the bathroom. The shower was completely enclosed in glass so water didn’t pour onto the floor unlike other Dreams resorts. The stool also had its own separate glass enclosure. There was teak wood … probably for safety … in the central part of the floor surrounded by tile. My husband had back problems for a few days and he appreciated being able to rest in a hot tub and still be able to watch a movie on the television/DVR player. The digital room safe is a little different than others we’ve had. It requires the swipe of a card (any card) with a magnetic strip to open or close. At first we assumed it must require a credit card, but not the case. We ended up using our old beat up Kroger’s card for swiping and it worked just fine.

GYM/SPA.
I’m not interested in massages or wraps, so I did not use the SPA services. I did inquire about a nail polish change (not a manicure … just a polish change). That was $29 USD. The gym was pretty nice. There was a TV and it was well air-conditioned. They also had a juice bar … of “chlorophyll” juice. There was a sign in English explaining the health benefits of the chlorophyll. I had doubts so Googled to find that there actually is a long list of chlorophyll health benefits. Didn’t know! There is a scale in the gym so that’s when I discovered I had gained 5 pounds on the resort.

SHOPPING IN NEUVO VALLARTO
There is an indoor shopping mall (“Paradise Plaza”) on the Neuvo Vallarto marina. It has a coin laundry; a few clothing stores; a McDonalds; a Subway; a Dominos; a large grocery store; and an evening dance club. There is also a casino in the works for Paradise Plaza. The plaza is only 25-30 minute walk on the beach from Dreams Villamagna.

WEATHER.
Every day was perfect in the mid to high 80s. Never rained. The day we left we did hear that tropical storm Bud was brewing and could come close to Puerto Vallarta. This might have been unusual for May.

DAY TRIPS.
Nope, we didn’t take any thru Vallarta Excursions, so I can’t comment on these. We did take a “group” bike ride from the resort to the Dolphin encounter. There were 10 of us … 3 adults and 7 kids. Of course, the kids outpaced us both coming and going. I was worn out! Kabuto (from the Dreams activities team) tried to talk me and my husband into a bike ride of all-adults into Bucerias the next day. When I found out it was 3 times as far as the dolphin encounter ride and would be on busy highway … I had to say no thanks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank MamaMiaMaya

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for choosing us to be part of your vacation & for sharing with us your feedback. It is very important for our company and staff to receive all of our guest’s compliments and commentaries, I will like to share with you that our Room Division Manager has reviewed your suggestions, all of your guests reviews help us every day to improve our quality in our services, . We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our Dream, our 5 themed restaurants, the certified beach of Nuevo Vallarta, our luxurious rooms, shismmering large Swimming pools, our nightly entertainment, the Coco Cafe and personalized services are ready to welcome you back anytime. Be sure we will let Agustin and Oscar know about your recognitions.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in this your home away from home in the near future.

It is a pleasure!

Best Regards

Reviewed May 25, 2012

i want to thank the staff at the front desk for the beautiful welcome and mimosa that welcomed me after a long plane ride ... they were so helpful and so nice.I also want to thank the ladies who cleaned my room everyday sorry i didn't get her name she made these beautiful roses and swans on our bed thank you it was much appreciate .I also want to thank the guys who brought me room service all wee hours of the night much appreciated, next I would like to thank the servers (Christopher/Francisco) who brought us drinks/food and was so much fun they made our nights and days also want to put out a special thanks to Betty who aloud me to play my own CD upstairs hahahaha thank you for upstanding service .and the best for last thank you Horacio (pato) and cabuto for taking us out on the town it was so much fun .We have some amazing memories that is going to last a life time, sorry Horacio i didn't make to yoga class it was to early hahahah but i heard it was amazing next time for sure ...and cabuto my daughters favorite memory was the bungee jump for kids thank you for entertaining her after a long night out with us much appreciated ...our room was just like the pictures you see on the net the service is amazing the people are so friendly ...by the end of our trip everyone new who my daughter was ..hahahahh...would definitely go back to this beautiful resort with such amazing people like Horacio a.k.a pato and cabuto and Betty ...o i can not forget the DJ who made our night on the 9th floor zerch a.k.a Sergio thank you from me and all the ladies you made us dance ....the wedding was so beautiful all the fresh flowers and the set up was amazing ....... thank you again for making my trip sooooooo good i want to come back.....one last thing the kids club is amazing they really do take good care of your child and entertain them so much they want to keep going back every day...... would recommend this place to everyone......miss ya guys so much....

Room Tip: the room i had 1412 was awesome a nice view of the ocean and pool ...i would recommend a view facing...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raquelrocsee

Dear Guest:

On behalf of all the staff from Dreams Villamagna, we thank you for your recommendation which is a true honor to us and your preference. We are glad to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay and that our amazing staff was part of making this possible, they are really important for our success. We are also happy to know that the wedding was a success and that your kids enjoyed our explorers club. I will congratulate our house keeping staff for making those details in your room and for keeping it clean, Christopher, Betty and Francisco for providing you an excellent wait service and Horacio(pato) Cabuto and Sergio for keeping you entertained, this guys are really great doing their job and they really love it which is important.
It was our pleasure to host you and we would love to welcome you on your next trip at this your home away from home.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to Villamagna - we were so thrilled with our prior visit that we returned on 15 - 23 May. What we experienced was one huge disappointment. We booked and paid for the Preferred Club upgrade, which promised several nice things - all of which were NEVER delivered. No bathrobes, no slippers, no clean glasses, no clean coffee cups, mould encrusted shower wand, mini-bar was never restocked with mini bottles of liquour, no newspaper. The Wifi worked great. The staff at VM was wonderful with the exception of the housekeeping group. When we asked the maid for additional towels we received one, often missing hand towels or bathmat. !! When I asked the gentleman that was restocked the fridge with soft drinks about restocking the liquour bottles as well, his reply was "I don't do that - you will have to go to the bar and get them" That was the wrong answer - terrific customer service !!! It seems that the housekeeping staff has some sort of vendetta against the resort - all of the non-housekeepng staff were great. It is unfortunate as it is the paying guest that suffers most.

This is the first time in over 40 years of travelling that I paid for a benefit or service which I did not recieve. I spoke to Mr Rafael, the manager on duty and he appeared to be very surprised. On our 4th day we met a couple that were experiencing the very things we were - they had to complained for 3 days before the issues were resolved, always requiring a time consuming "run around"

I am going to contact senoir management at AMResrts Corp (Dreams parent corporation)

For those of you that are saying - "this guy just has a chip on his shoulder" I say: I have never posted on TripAdvisor or any other blog about travel issues, but I sure will now.

If you are thinking of booking at Dreams Villamagna - think twice - as it is truly a gamble. The big question is: Based on this experience do you trust Villamagna ?? Do you trust AMResorts corporate ? Do you trust any other AMResorts property, such as Secrets, Zoetry, Now, Sunscape and Breathless (coming) ??

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TheOtherTraveler

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments to us regarding your stay at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa. We are concerned to know that we did not completely fulfill your expectations and we deeply regret the inconveniences you encountered. As a service oriented company, our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guest’s expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest’s experiences play a key role in this continuous process. I would like to share with you, that your observations had been reviewed by our Room Division Manager, always doing our best to provide guests unforgettable vacations & comfort.
Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is our second trip to villamagna, I can't believe how much the place has gone downhill in less than a year. I usually try to review positive but there's some stuff you guys have to know. I'm not saying don't book here but at least you'll have an opinion that I wish I had. The positive(s), I'll try to think of others:

-pool and beach area waitstaff/bartenders. Without these saints, the place would be closed. They say the tips are included but tipping the waiters will make them your best friend. 20 pesos every few rounds and they will go out of their way to make you happy. I thought about posting the best waiter's name but you'll figure it out. Look for the diamond in the tooth, he's the best one there is. He'll tell you what area he works the next day, we followed him to all parts of the pool/beach all week.
-grayline tours
These guys are pros. $35 per person for a taxi is expensive and once you reach critical mass of three, it will be cheaper to charter a van at $150 for 5 hours. See Leo and ask for Miguel. Very knowledgable and very safe. This is our second year with him.

I'll keep the negatives to fact, although they're my facts:
buildings--
-fire alarms go off nightly, false alarms.
-humid, slippery elevators.
-running water in the rooms has 140 degree and 40 degree, fortunately it switches back and forth so you don't get used to one.
-in room fridge has one setting, 2 degrees cooler than ambient.
-the room safe is not secure and may be opened. My suggestion is a cheap, radio shack alarm with a keypad and magnetic trip. Set it up in the safe and at least you'll know when they've opened it.
-all cloth in the room is damp and will mildew in a day. AC is swamp cooler type and will not remove air moisture, or maybe ours was broken. Hard to say as the maid wouldn' let it run while we were out of the room.
-aging infrastructure but it's only 3 years old, maybe due to ocean proximity. Lots of caulking everywhere to contain the leaks. The ceiling of our patio drips, fortunately it drips into our tub which probably drips all the way to the first floor via tubs below us.
-internet access is $60 for the week unless you upgraded. If it works, you'll get .012 kbps. Translated, that equals 1 email or message every 2 minutes. Forget facebook and netflix, besides you're on vacation right?
-phones do not work reliably, with nightly calls to the front desk about whether we need to evacuate due to fire. Steady busy tones will compliment the scream of the fire alarm outside your door. Instead, get a list of extensions from the concierge desk. It will be worth the wait.
-access box. This little number is great. Leave your plates from room service in the box and a friendly staff member will get it at dawn the next morning. No need for the 5:30 am wake up call, the slamming of the box doors coming down the hallway will rouse you gently until he reaches yours, which will ensure you are fully awake. Always keep the inside latch locked, unlocked it will be easy access to open your front door, deadbolted or not.

Staff-
-it's true the time share sharks are relentless, don't go through the main lobby or you'll find yourself a fish trapped in a barrel. I had to explain to one that I can't imagine this place being around for much of my 10 year, $16,000/year "membership" and that I had to turn him down based on my observations of how well this facility is aging.
-bartenders have a great attitude for what they have to work with. You'll never see them open a new bottle of liquor, top shelf or otherwise. Even if the bottle is full, it is missing the "snap" of a new bottle of high octane liquid courage. The bottles are refilled with what I have named "rookie moonshine" and found myself asking for a shot of "whatever is in your Jack Daniel's bottle". I'm no pro but the effects of drinking substandard liquor will make anyone an expert right in the middle of your trip when you can't seem to get more than 50 steps away from a bathroom. My solution was to get the rare mini bottles from the minibar refill guy. You have to corner him and give him pesos because he doesn't automatically leave them in your room. vodka and whiskey is the limit but at least you know where they come from.
-pool security. These guys wear fidoras and circle the pools. The rules rotate based on whatever is in their mind at the time and I found that when they approach, the best defence is to play dead or deaf. There are three rules posted but many others that exist. Children are allowed in all pools, including the spa, although one of the plaques clearly states no children. With the help of the recreation staff, we found popped balloons, straws, and "hay"? crossing our path while soaking. At last count, there are exactly 11 umbrellas for the entire 3 pool area. 2 people fit under an umbrella=22 shady people. There are 90 lounge chairs, hope you love full sun. Check the camera on their web site if you doubt me, if it is working. My bet is that it is not. Get down there early or pay your waiter to set one aside for you, they are occupied by 8 in the morning. View your towel card and towel as a $20 dollar bill, that is what they charge you if you lose one or the other.
-front desk. Usually unhelpful unless tipped, these guys are good at referrals. I suggest changing dollars for pesos at the airport. Don't try with these guys, my experience: gave them a $100.00 bill, exchange rate that day was 14.5 pesos/dollar. I received 1000 pesos and the biggest smile he could muster, taking his 30% cut. The front desk will bill you in either dollars or pesos, whatever is best that day. My suggestion is to not charge anything to your room. These guys make their money based on the exchange rate, instead, negotiate the price and pay with paper right then. Always get the receipt, view it as paper money, they will put expenditures on your room bill whether or not you have paid them in advance, no receipt and you'll pay twice.
-concierge/manager. These guys were ok, lower case ok. The staff told me that the management had changed recently. Concierge will help out if you use money. We had a great experience with one guy but it needed pesos to get it done. Otherwise your request is met with complacentcy or a statement of "I'm sorry, we can't do that". The concierge desk is closest to the lobby bar/driveway, don't sit down at any other desk, those are the sharks mentioned earlier and they love to pose as concierge to find out what you need, then offer the membership in exchange for what you need. It is 90 minutes of bliss stolen from your vacation.
-construction workers. Yes, they were there! They start with power tools at 9:30 and go all day. They will probably be gone by the time you visit but the noise can be heard everywhere in the resort except the beach. They are painting and doing repair work right next to us. My ipod amp had to be recharged daily because I found myself playing music at full volume by the pool to drown out the clicks of the winches on their painting scaffolding. Our pool mates didn't seem to mind the music, a better alternative to the construction noise and children screaming in the adult only pool. If they are still there when you go, make a game with a stopwatch. How long do the workers stare at bikinis versus how many brushstrokes go on the wall.
-food/staff. There are 6 places to eat. Portofino is best for stopping bowel problems, the food at seaside grill takeout is best for starting them. The waiters do the best with what they have to work with. Small portions are served, larger if you go to a buffet style and serve yourself but that food is mostly inedible. Don't be afraid to order one or two items from every area of the menu. The waiters will need to be reminded but you'll be full. Look for the description on the card above the pan to get the idea of what it is supposed to be in the buffet. In portofino one night, I had considered buying a bottle of wine until I noticed that their locked wine fridge was in direct sunlight through the front glass, the temp was warm, and there are opened bottles inside. $680 US is steep for opus, especially if it is opened, warm, and sunburnt. I had a good laugh at their attempt at wine service. Room service is adequate although you should order something room temperature because cold or hot, thats what it will be by the time it gets to you. Take plenty of tums, pepto, imodium etc. with you. They have it in the store but it's expensive. You have the demand and they have the supply.

Suggestions to the manager gratis, because I can't stand complaints without a solution.
-maintenance. Close for 3 weeks a year, work on the place 24/7 with skilled workers. The loss of revenue will be compensated for with increased income from happy patrons and happy staff. Add attractions every year and remove outdated ones. Repair your fire alarm whatever the cost, by the end of the week you were crying wolf at me. Impress me with your facility. Don't wait for complaints, be your own worst critic.
-food. Larger portions of quality food will make you money with less waste. Full people are happy people.
-waiters/bartenders. reward them for having to make the best of the miserable situation you've created for them. Real liquor is expensive and appreciated by tipsy, tip happy people. Or you could knock $1k off your pricing and I'll pay for my drinks. Don Julio is not spanish for Jim Beam, nor are they related in any way.
-rules/security. Enforce all the rules or none of the rules. I'm not a conscious rule breaker but I felt like I would be treated better by them if I was.

I do welcome a response but actions speak louder than words. I'm sure it has been hard to hear that people have figured out those little secrets employed to elevate profit, just do stellar business with people and you'll have a waiting list in no time, elevated profit too.

Room Tip: the ocean view is not worth the upgrade cost unless you spend most of your time on your patio, scrat...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank dhali l

Dear Guest:

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and express your feelings regarding your recent stay with us.
At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, we are committed to excellence without exception and our guests’ satisfaction is the most important point. Our guest feedback is very important, of course there is always something to do better and we want to keep improving in all areas, we filter this comments everyday in order to take immediately actions and in accordance with most of them. I already shared your suggestions regarding your dissatisfaction and after reviewing the entire situation with our operations managers the necessary actions were taken in order to avoid future failures of services.

Once again thank you for taking the time to express your concerns during your stay and we hope to welcome you in this your “home away from home” and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We just got back from Dreams Villamagana on the 3rd of May. What a vacation it was! It is an excellent resort. The staff is amazing. The quality of the food is excellent. It is a very clean resort. The beach is excellent and the pools are great. There were no reservations required for the restaurants at dinnertime. We have been to several all inclusive resorts but the staff at this one goes above and beyond. We had 2 children with us ages 3 & 5 and they had the time of their lives! It is a very family friendly resort. Our kids went to the Explorer's Club daily and fell in love with Dora (Circa) and Shakira (Irma). Our boys still talk about them all the time. Kabuto from the Entertainment Center was also very friendly. All of the staff was wonderful! We had an excellent time and would highly recommend this resort to other families.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank angela154945
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your opinion in Tripadvisor for current and future travelers regarding your visit to our resort and we are happy to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities, such as our large shimmering swimming pools, our 5 themed gourmet restaurants, our supervised Explorer’s Club that keeps your kids totally entertained with exciting games, adventure and exploration and our staff that made your stay even more pleasant with the efficient, attentive and friendly service I will let Dora(Ciria) Shakira(Irma) and Kabuto know about your recognition; it motivates them when they are acknowledged by our guests.

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you again in the future here in your “home away from home”.

Quality Control

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great location. Short drive from airport, close to Vallarta Adventures if you’re doing excursions. Staff is wonderful – don’t be shy when tipping. All rooms are the same so upgrading to Premium club is not really worth it unless you need wireless internet and want to be on the top floors. If you are missing anything in your room, a quick call will take care it. Be aware of upgrade coupons that will be offered to you, the $200 room upgrade in particular. We were told at first that all the rooms were booked, NOT, since the next morning there were all kinds of rooms available; but if you go to the 90 minute “preview talk” you’ll receive another $150 towards the upgrade. The premium club rooms are listed on the official website of this hotel as $50 more a night but we were told it would be another $100 a night – not cool. If you literally don’t want to waste ½ a day of your holiday listening to their sales deal then don’t even agree to the “preview”, it’ll make your head spin. The restaurants are great, especially Portofino. Only complaint about any of the food is the beef; it’s really nothing like the quality we’re used to in Alberta. Not having to book the restaurants through the concierge was priceless; availability of food was great. No wristbands unless you book the condos and use the hotel to eat at. Overall, a good resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canucked

Dear Guest,

At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, we appreciate all of our guest’s comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities. In regards to the upgrades its is important to mention that our occupancy changes every day and rates on the website are different from the rack rate we have directly at the resort. We are really glad you enjoyed our Dream, all of our gourmet restaurants such as Portofino, bars, rooms and personalized services of our amazing staff that is ready to welcome you back anytime.

Thank you for your preference and it will be a real honor to welcome you again in your “home away from home” Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta.