“Great Brushetta”

Guido's Ristorante Italiano now ( Azzurro)
Ranked #47 of 155 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Description: Cozy indoor dining room, gated street side palapa and private chef's table
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My mom and I ordered brushetta and it was delicious. And in true Puerto Vallarta style, the service was impeccable. Barely making eye contacting and we would have 2 or 3 waiters rush over to us.

1  Thank kjuthman

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Just returned from a trip to NV. I was just there 2 months ago! What can I say, I love NV!!! Guidos is always a favorite of ours. We normally try to eat traditional mexican but love to go to Guidos for a change of pace. I always have the chicken california. Chicken stuffed with shrimp, cream cheese and bacon served with pasta. Yummy!!! Must try this place!!!

1  Thank shewee5202
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We appreciate the decoration and the amability of the servers. The food is good and well prepare. The only thing, you do not have to be hurry... the service is long a bit... but for the rest is perfect..

1  Thank RaynaldSaguenay
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great service, beautiful tables, average portion size, but sadly, sub-par food. We’ve walked by Guido’s many times and always ask “Do you have any tiramisu tonight?” and every night they would say “No – tomorrow”). Finally after asking nightly they explained their ‘tiramisu maker’ went back to Canada. We decided to give them a shot anyway and walked away a tad bit disappointed.

I ordered the eggplant parmesan and my husband ordered a pizza. The pizza looked and tasted just like a Tombstone or Tony’s pizza straight out of the frozen section. It’d be ok for kids, but I wouldn’t recommend it. I don’t know why hubby ordered it.

Anyway, our meal began with a basket of focaccia bread and oil and vinegar and a beautiful bottle of Mexican cab. The best thing about our dinner was the wine – it was absolutely delicious. I could have (should have) made my meal out of the wine and bread. I ordered the eggplant parm and it wasn’t bad. The sauce tasted homemade, with a rich, strong but slightly sweet flavor, not too thick, but not runny – just a perfect consistency. The eggplant was breaded but I really didn’t detect any seasoning in the coating. I love when my eggplant or chicken parm has a hint of Italian herbs in the breadcrumbs. It really wasn’t bad – but it didn’t make me moan. It came with a side of pasta that was somewhat dry and thus very bland.

In lieu of tiramisu, we were given an ice cream chocolate cake sundae that was drizzled with a raspberry sauce. A perfect ending to the feast.

Don’t miss the fantastic guitarist strumming away nightly until about 9 out on the patio.

I must add Guido’s has the most beautiful tables and chairs I’ve seen in any of the restaurants. I just fell in love with them and want them for my home! As weird as it sounds, it kind of made up for the mediocre food.

1  Thank Anejo-y-Coca
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had the good fortune to hear of this restaurant while staying in Mexico. From the moment we arrived we were met with a happy group of waiters that did everything to make our visit enjoyable. Our waiter Guillermo...otherwise known as "Bill" was wonderfully fun. He helped me learn the finer points of taking a shot of tequila. I told him that he should look for this review because they deserve the kudos for excellent food and service.

2  Thank my91Fatboy