“Best restaurant experience Ive ever had”

Eddie's Place Nopal Beach
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant experience Ive ever had”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We went to Eddie's Place Nopal Beach in Oct. 2008 and had a blast! We were in Nuevo Vallarta for 7 days and ate at Eddies 6 of the 7 days we were there. The food is that good!!! Especially the breakfast. "Order the french toast" its amazing! E
Eddie the owner is the most helpful fun guy you'll meet there. He sat and drank tequila with us and helped us plan some adventures and told us where the best places to get grocery's were. He was awesome! THANKS EDDIE!

1 Thank BMFM

New York City, New York
“We love Eddie's, and Eddie”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Eddie is a wonderful guy who, before coming to Nuevo Vallarta honed his restaurant skills in Los Angeles, and he has done very well indeed in Nuevo.

It's a wonderful place to sit outside on a lovely evening (which most are here) and enjoy both Lebanese, American and Mexican dishes. I've tried most. I love the Chicken KaBob with hummus and cucumber salad and the I've tried most of the Mexican dishes as well. Great Enchiladas. Go and enjoy and ask Eddie about anything!

1 Thank MauriceBretzfield
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We ate there two times out of 8 nights. That's how much we loved it!”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Our only regret was that we didn't know about Eddie's when we were in Nuevo Vallarta last year. We are just so happy that we found it this time. The food and the service are fabulous and at a very reasonable price. They also have a local musician that plays and sings at least several nights a week. I would highly recommend Eddie's to anyone that wants an enjoyable evening with great food.

1 Thank Sharon850
denver
“Great food, drinks, atmosphere and service. Two big thumbs up!”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Grand Mayan. We went there with family (including our 3 young sons) and were lucky enough to have a babysitter one night so we were able to go out for a nice dinner and have a little time to ourselves. We decided to walk to the marina and at first planned to just go get a drink at Eddie's. Well, that drink ended up being dinner, drinks, music and an overall memorable experience that I will definetely take advantage of next year when we return.

To go into a little detail after walking the Marina we grabbed a table outside at Eddies and ordered some drinks. After looking at the menu (and having some fun live music going in the background) we decided with the great looking menu we had no reason to go elsewhere. We ordered the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail as an appetizer and it was fantastic (as were the chips and salsa provided). My wife ordered a scallop tortilla dish and I ordered the Mahi Mahi. I can honestly say the Mahi Mahi was the best fish dish I have had in ages. I wish there was anything close to this available in Denver. My wife's dish was also incredibly tasty as were the Appletini's and Cerveza's provided by the bartender :)

Besides the delicious food, the atmosphere was perfect as well. We were thoroughly entertained by a group of ladies celebrating a milestone birthday together at a table close to us and of course Eddie himself was an extremely genuine host as he made sure all of us that were there were having a great time. Eddie cares about his clientele and the clientele respond by feeling perfectly at home at his restaurant. I think my wife even got a drink on the menu that night dubbed the LSS. It's really just a shot of tequila but I was still cracking up about it the next day. Great times, great food, great service. Exactly what we were looking for in a restaurant and we were lucky to find it. Thank you Eddie and see you next year!

1 Thank cokib
Mississauga, Canada
“Food excellent; atmosphere a bit sketchy”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Everything people said is true: the food at Eddie's was amazing. Spouse had the famous jumbo coconut shrimp and is still raving about it (and he sure doesn't rave about my cooking 6 days after the fact!). I had the chicken fajitas and there were delicious. The free starters were a huge bowl of taco chips with 3 types of sauces: guacamole, very spicy hot sauce and a ranch sauce I specially requested and came with no problem. All entrees came with rice, vegetables and refried beans (not my fav).

The location is approx a 10 minute walk from The Grand Mayan (where we were staying). Prices were $13 for the chicken fajitas and $20 shrimp -- very reasonable and delicious all around. Atmosphere a bit run down, but this is probably the norm for Mexico.

1 Thank arlene W