“Great Eats!”

Eddie's Place Nopal Beach
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

I just spent 4 days in Nuevo Vallarta and ate at "Eddie's Place" every day. Eddie is the owner and is there 24/7 to make sure your food is perfect. I have been going to PV for years and have tried many restaurants (all much more expensive) but none compare to Nopal Beach. Incredible food at a reasonable price! This place is a must try when you are in PV! Way to go Eddie from California!

1 Thank Tleg

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“A real find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

We're always looking for that little jewel of a restaurant wherever we go and we found it in Nopal Beach. This little inexpensive sidewalk restaurant on the Marina has some of the best food we've had in PV. The 3 taco platter has a choice of about 9 varieties. We had the mole and the cactus, both delicious. The flan was as good as any we've had.

Ed, the ex-pat owner, is of Lebanese extraction and infuses the food with a unique Mediterranean-Mexican flavor. He's a great guy and a great resource of area information.

Nopal Beach doesn't have a liquor license yet although Ed hopes to be able to serve beer and wine in the next few weeks.

2 Thank Fauxqui
canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

Just returned from Canada. Stayed for 1 week and we were happy to find Nopal Beach.You have to have the smoothies for a refreshing afternoon treat!
Especially the Mango/Strawberry one. Or the Chocolate Banana .The Burritos,tacos and the stuffed pepper with shrimp amazingly flavourful. Actually we went there every night except 1 and did not leave hungry or that it was a waste of our time and money. Oh yes and the nachos, salsa and guacamole the best as well.
The gentlemen have the area very welcoming,comfortable, and will have great conversation .Thanks for a great week !

1 Thank methods
Mill Creek, WA
“"Eddie's Place"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

Great Food - Great Prices - The best place to eat in Nuevo Vallarta. We stayed at the Grand Mayan and ate most of our meals here. Breakfast, lunch and dinner great food. Eddie is the owner from H.B., CA and we ate and talked and he is a great source of info for the area.The Smoothies are great, so are the Kabobs. The breakfast burritos are outstanding. Try "Eddie's Fajitas" outstanding. The fish tacos are superb. The Guacamole is the best.
I wish I was there right now. Give my best to Eddie when you go!

2 Thank Traveler24MillCreek
Teaneck, NJ
“A Great Fine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

This restaurant is located a short walk from the Mayan Palace Resort. After suffering through the "skinny wallet" syndrome paying for those resort meals, I took a walk one morning towards the marina and came across the Nopal Beach Restaurant. What a lucky fine!

They have a great menu! I totally enjoyed their delicious breakfast burrito which was almost more than I could eat. I returned that same day for supper and was treated to a great dinner. I visited Nopal Beach 3 more times during my 7 day stay and was never disappointed. Everything I ordered was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced with many entrees at $10.00 or less. Try their generous special tacos at $2.00 each.

I know that I will visit Nopal Beach again on my next visit to Nuveo Vallarta.

3 Thank LiketotravelMexico