“Eddie does it again”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Baltimore, Maryland
“Eddie does it again”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Last year I suggested in my review that anyone going to Eddies Place should ask Eddie for whatever he recommends. Well, I took my own advice and asked Eddie what fish he had just gotten off the boat that day. He replied that he had both Dorado and Tuna but he had them a his other restaurant next door. I asked for the tuna, fixed with sesame seeds and seared. I think he must have sent someone over to Por-Que No ( Eddie's other restaurant just a 3 minute walk away from Eddie's Place) and got the fish for me. Regardless of where it came from, it was FRESH and it was incredible and melted in my mouth like candy. We also had the jumbo coconut shrimp the night before - it is supposed to be an appetizer but my wife and I split it with drinks and were stuffed Two great meals in 2 days. Why go any other place while staying in Nuevo Vallarta? Thanks Eddie!!!

1 Thank Ted J
nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
thank you so much for the review it is greatly appreciated by me and my staff. we are pleased to serve you and I am glad you enjoyed your meal .as far as the tuna you were correct we did run out at eddie's but we did have two orders left at por que no and my own chef brought and cooked for you thanks. Eddie

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Not as good as I remembered”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went here for dinner because we wanted somewhere close to the Grand Mayan because it was pouring rain. We had eaten here before and loved the atmosphere. Maybe it was because we had to eat inside it just wasn't the same. The live music had to shut down and the inside was just blah. The Mexican food was good - large portions. I had the ground beef kabobs and they were a little dry but tasty. The hummus was delicious. The service was good but it took FOREVER to get our food. (over an hour) Our waiter kept bringing us more beers til the food arrived (maybe that is their strategy to sell more alcohol!)

3 Thank lovescolorado2
Goshen, NY
“didn't actually eat here”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

didn't actually eat here as we sat for 15 to 20 minutes without even getting a menu- after seeing another couple leave, we asked the wait time- waited a few more minutes then we also left-

Visited October 2013
7 Thank cbertone
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Ambience and Attitude "con Queso!"”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I literally just hopped off an airplane after visiting Puerto Vallarta and, while it's still fresh in my mind, I wanted to say a few things about eating at Eddies (which we did twice during our 7-day stay.) Because we were "time-share bound" at the Grand Mayan resort (for which I will write a separate review) we started eating daily at the nice restaurants on the premises. Because of the variety and quality, one might think that you would eat only at the Grand Mayan Resort in Nuevo Vallarta. However - after glancing at the mounting bills and doing the pesos-to-dollar conversion, it became apparent that we weren't going to be able to afford eating that way the entire trip.
On the advise of a few Grand Mayan residents, we walked the short walk to Eddies and were very happy with our meal. Like many of these reviews indicate, it's not SUPER high end food - but the ambience and attitude of servers and Eddie himself (who introduced ourself to us) more than made up for it.
We had fish tacos and a mole which were very good and fresh. The drinks were wonderful - especially the margaritas and mojitos. BUt - the highlight of the place was an exquisite singer named Allejandro Chavez who plays guitar and sings songs from throughout latin America. We found ourselves not wanting to eat too fast and just enjoy his beautiful voice. I hope he stays there for our next trip.
A side note: Eddie mentioned to us that he is opening a new restaurant very close to Eddies that has a higher end menu but still reasonable prices. It will be nice to have another choice off the Grand Mayan premises. Adios!

2 Thank Kurt B
nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
thank you so much for the review it is greatly appreciated by my staff and myself
San Pedro
“We always come here- never a disappointment”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We love this place. We can walk to it from Grand Luxxe and the Mayan property. Eddie is usually onsite and he also owns Por Que No? He is a So Cal guy and he moved here several years ago. GREAT food for bfast lunch and dinner

Visited October 2013
thank you so much . I just mention that por que no is now open and we have a Mexican fiesta every Tuesday and Wednesday at por que and a Mexican fiesta every Thursday and Friday at eddie",s place.. I also want to thank the group ythat helped with my alska airline ticket thanks to all