Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$466
$319
$265
$223
$478
$160
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$341
$275
Bookit.com
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$210
$173
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$85
Official Hotel
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$238
$181
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$199
$154
Groupon.com
$353
$129
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
$672
$554
4,322 results
All reviewsla toscanaspecialty restaurantssports barguacamolekrystal restaurantpeninsula buffetjacuzzi suitepartial ocean viewmichael jackson showthomson replarge poolgarden viewcaribbean sidebreakfast and lunchentertainment staffmake reservationshotel is beautiful
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am a Riu member and this was my 4th RIU stay. This resort dissappointed me. Here is my review on this hotel.

FRONT DESK:
hit or miss..a couple of them will make you feel that you were bothering them but some of them has always smile for you whenever you ask for a bottle of water.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
I forgot my cell outside in one of the sofa, when I came back I couldn't find it so I decided to check the front desk if someone turned it over luckily Melissa from Customer Service found it.
kudos for Melissa!!!
If you email customerservices.palacepacifico@riu.com to book your Ala Carte ahead of time they will answer your email within 24hrs.

ROOM:
We were in room 7027 facing the courtyard/pool ( Partial View)
The room is amazing. (although I did not get my 2 double bed only king bed) the room was cleaned twice a day Riu has a turn down service and the housekeeper did a fabulous job!
The room has a sunken living room, flat screen TV with 5 English channel, 2 sink bathroom and the pressure in the shower was great!

FRIDGE/Stock Beverages:
This was the other reason why this Riu Hotel dissapointed me... they don't stock small water bottle in the fridge. If you want a small water bottle you have to stop by at the front desk to get water and matches.. they stock small club soda instead.

FOOD:
Breakfast Bufffet:
Another dissapointment. The quality of the food is not a RIU Palace standand in comparisson to Riu Palace Ocho rios and Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas. At these resort I enjoyed my breakfast so much that I always looking forward to eat in the buffet every morning and keep missing my luch because I am always stuff!!!! but the Riu Palace Pacifico, breakfast was not very appetizing even the way they make your simple request of omellete...the bacon was either in small pieces or if not it was medium cooked and not crunchy but chewy..

Lunch Buffet:
some of the food was a left over from breakfast and they will added a chicken, beef and pork.
Fish Mahi Mahi, tilapia was always present on the lunch buffet

Dinner Buffet:
you will see some food from lunch time and they will add something new like, seafood mixed of lobster, shrimp, clam, mussells which was very good. one night they had chicken grill and it taste sooo good that I cancelled my Ala Carte reservation on a last minutes. :)

Ala Carte Restaurant:
krystal was good - you can also book this ahead of time (before you arrive just email: customerservices.palacepacifico@riu.com

Kyoto - Japanese was also good. You can also book this ahead of time

Guacamole - Mexican was so salty that we ended up eating "again" at the Buffet, luckily they were having a seafood siesta! one of those lucky night at the buffet....

Now the biggest dissappointment of all was the POOL!

Because I experience other Riu Palace I expect the same in all Riu Palace facilities.
The size of the pool is not big enough to the amount of people staying. It was true what has been said on previous reviews. You have to get up early to get your good spot. There was not enough umbrella to use for 200 chairs at one point I only counted 35 umbrella including umbrela that was missing and only the base standing.

now here is one good tip for someone who wants to use umbrella and can't find one.... if you see an empty umbrella base grab it and ask the pool staff top get you an umbrella.... I think thats another trick of the staff to get a "tip" because you will be so happy they got you one that you will give them a dollar ( I don't mind) but by the end of the week I noticed that more and more umbrella missing and only base all around the pool until you ask them to get you one...

now the POOL itself.... by 3pm I noticed that grease was forming at the edge of the pool...really disgusting,, at one point there was so many insect/bug floating that I decided to leave the pool and stayed at the beach instead..and the most disgusting of all??????????? TWICE MY FOOT WAS CAUGHT ON SOMETHING.... HAIR BALL!!!! that was my last straw I stayed away from the pool for 3 days..

THE ONLY GOOD PART OF THIS trip was the AMAZING STAFF you will encounter they work very hard to please their guest!

In summary this Riu Palace Pacifico is small compare to the other Riu Palace in Mexico. Would I stay here again? absolutely NOT!

Now off topic....If you are looking to book Sunwing/Signature Vacation be aware that these was my second time using them and will be the last time! last year I was delayed for 6hrs going to las Vegas, I opted to pay a little bit extra so that my arrival will be 5pm I ended up arriving at 1045pm in Vegas.....second trip was this Riu Palace Pacifico Puerto Vallarta...my original departure was 5pm then it was cancelled to 920pm then was cancelled again to 1025pm we arrived in Riu Palace at 3am loosing a day in our vacation, I asked the Signature Rep in the hotel all she said was "but you have a room we came at 3am right?" my answer was yes but we lose a day but she keep insisting that we had a room when we arrived thats where I said I had paid for that room thats why I had one when I arrived bu she said that it's was not their fault....just an advise if someone is looking to book through Sunwing/Signature Vacation.

Room Tip: room 7027 is very nice view (partial view)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank bellevet
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had not been to Mexico other than a cruise stop for about 15 years. Sorry we waited so long. The hotel was extremely clean and the hotel staff were all extremely friendly. I would definitely stay here again. This is a great spot to go to if you plan on totally relaxing. Not a destination if you are wanting to go sight seeing. Make sure to get your dinner reservations early for the various restaurants. We were there for 5 days and the menus were the same every night. Try all the restaurants and then go back to your favorite later in the week. You can also eat at the restaurant that does not require reservations, the food there is very good as well and served buffet style instead of from a menu.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ed E
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Still going to keep this Riu at 4 Stars. Will definitely return again. Here's a few comments on specific areas:

ROOMS: We requested an upper level, south facing room with our reservations. When we arrived we were given a 1st Floor, north side, inner courtyard room (1020 to be exact). We worked with Javier at the front desk to secure our original request. Due to a high occupancy, we had to wait 3 nights, but did get exactly what we wanted. Most of the 1st Floor rooms overlook the roof over the restaurant on the north side and the roof over the entertainment room and La Toscana, on the south side. There is NO VIEW. Most of of what you see is the white roof. If you stretch out over the railing you can see a little bit of the ocean. Aside from the fact you can't see anything, the rooms are exactly the same.

FOOD: Both my husband and I commented on the excellent "buffet" fish that was available; tuna steaks, salmon, calamari, shrimp, grouper plus more. However, toward the end of our stay, the tuna, salmon and shrimp kinda disappeared. Overall, we thought the food had improved since our last visit in Nov. 2012. To avoid crowds, at lunch, we always ate at LaToscana.

BEACH: Man-o-live! They really need more palm trees, especially in the summer months, when the temperature soars in the 90's. When the days were sunny, more people came to the beach. As the sun moved around, bigger and bigger clusters of people gathered under the shrinking shady areas, meanwhile wide swaths of sunny beach would be completely empty. You can RENT umbrellas from the beach vendors, but that doesn't seem quite right. The resort should be responsible for providing shade.

STAFF: Special KUDOS to Javier and Tony, at the front desk; Adrien and Raul at the Beach Bar and Tomas, outside for breakfast service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mtn2Sea
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I would return, clean, good entertainment, dinners are very professionally done. If you go to Guacamole, must have Mexican coffee. Even if you don't like coffee the show they put on with the fire is very impressive. Krystal restaurant, I would have snapper again and again, apple pie of course. Steak house, was not the best, least favorite of all places. Japanese restaurant was very good and I had lots of sushi for the first time!

Buffet waiters were not so much on their toes, should not have to wait for drinks and this happens often...also too many birds outside to help eat your food.

If I went back I would for sure do the Vallarta adventure again and sign for 3 trips... When you buy 2 trips, the 3rd is free. I did the outdoor adventure, and the dolphins...

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 5th floor so you can see farther!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kim T
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We spent 14 days at this hotel ,from may 28th ,hotel was spotless ,staff brilliant do anything for you ,always ate in the buffet ,food was good ,drinks very good ,pool bar staff were brilliant always had a smile ,and always had your drinks ready for you ,overall this hotel is really lovely .its the first time we have stayed on the pacific coast ,but wont be returning ,just love the caribien coast ,lovely blue seas and golden sands ,you dont get that at this resort ,,

Room Tip: Rooms 6th 7th floors ,we were on 4th floor no problems ,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple