Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
4,269 results
All reviewsla toscanaspecialty restaurantssports barguacamolekrystal restaurantpeninsula buffetjacuzzi suitepartial ocean viewmichael jackson showthomson replarge poolgarden viewcaribbean sidebreakfast and lunchentertainment staffmake reservationshotel is beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful. The food was good with plenty of options. Loved the fact that every 2nd night they had the BBQ going at the buffet for dinner with steaks, ribs, chicken etc. It was awesome to have as you do get tired of food that is in sauce after awhile. The entertainment was a little lacking, Only saw one good show, but it was not a deal breaker. What was the poor part of the trip was the fact that they water down the alcohol. You see them pour straight from the bottle, for example: Absolut Vodka, Kalhua, Baileys, but when you drink it it is not those brands and it is watered down. I cannot drink more than a few drinks and I could drink all day and night without feeling it, which for me is impossible. So we put it to the test and ordered shots only. That was the proof.....
The room was really nice and clean. Ask for a mattress topper and they will put it on the bed for you which was great. The property is beautiful and well kept. The staff are OK, some people say they are great, I disagree with that. No one stood out there. We tipped for everything so that wasn't the problem.
Don't think we would return unless the price was right knowing what we know.
All in all still a very good vacation.

Room Tip: A room with a partial ocean view is worth getting and as high up as you can. If you don't you may be looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Theresa J
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited this resort in September 2012 for our wedding anniversary. (We do a trip every year). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Was not crowded (shoulder season). Some families there, but all were well-behaved and the kids did not dominate the pool area. The suite was one of the best we have seen. I actually thought it was more opulent than the Adult Only AI, we stayed at in October in Playa del Carmen, MX. (for alot more $$$$). Food was good on buffets and evening ala carte dinner was very good. Although the Japanese restaurant was not open the night we wanted to go. Grounds are well kept...Huge pool wth infiniti inset pool. Plenty of shade (I burn easily). We arranged our own transport from airport ahead of time and took cab upon leaving. Prices are about the same as travel agent pre-arrangements on bus and you get your own car and arrive sooner to hotel. (No stopping at every hotel along the way). We would visit again, for sure!

Room Tip: Our hotel was not full, so we wish we asked to be moved to a room closer to the pool and beach, rather than longer view from back corner.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1HappyFlyer
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would have given this review a 5 rating but during our 7 day stay in February we had a couple of house keeping issues to deal with. Certainly small ones like going back up to our room at 3pm and discovering the maids had skipped cleaning it. Shortage on towels, not replenishing toilet tissue and facial tissue. But when we called the front desk all was taken care quickly. The property is beautiful, and is clean, clean, clean! All the staff are friendly and helpful (with a special shout out to Juillian at the buffet and Alexander at the pool bar!!). But over all a very lovely stay, and would love to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank THEPRINCESS
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a travel agent and I recently visited this property. The hotel seemed to be exceptionally clean. The chandelliers in the main lobby sparkled. The grounds of this property definately gives you the feel of a tropical paradise. Looking out of the main lobby towards the beach, your view is of the gardens and then the fantastic pool. On the other side of the pool is the beach.
The rooms are all junior suite rooms. Most Riu resorts have the same rooms although these rooms have new, flat screen tv's. The beds are the same as in most Riu's as well, large, very firm beds.
They have a nice variety of restaurants. I am a very picky eater but I will say that I always find food I like at the Riu Resorts.
Want to treat yourself? Book a oceanfront jacuzzi suite. Beautiful with unbelievable views!
The minibars are stocked and the Riu always includes bottles of liquor in a cabinet that you can drink during your stay.
This resort is in a nice area of Riviera Nayarit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JanetS6
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Absolutley the nicest place I have ever stayed. Jose in the sports bar makes the trip from good to great. The restrooms are not placed the best around the resort but they are always super clean so its worth the extra walk.

Room Tip: Now that i have sayed here twice I do not believe there is a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends