Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
$478
$160
  • Pool
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
$672
$554
$265
$223
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$466
$319
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$240
$177
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$341
$275
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$238
$180
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$199
$154
Groupon.com
$353
$129
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,322 results
All reviewsla toscanaspecialty restaurantssports barguacamolekrystal restaurantpeninsula buffetjacuzzi suitepartial ocean viewmichael jackson showthomson replarge poolgarden viewcaribbean sidebreakfast and lunchentertainment staffmake reservationshotel is beautiful
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Me, my wife and another couple returned on 3/20 from an amazing 10 day vacation at the Riu Palace Pacifico in PV. It was a very similar (wonderful) experience to the one we had a couple of years back at the RIU Palace in Cancun. This is not a flashy, snobby, wealthy vacation resort. But if you are looking for a different style of First Class, then this is your destination. If you want a friendly-hard working staff, affordable accommodations, everything clean and shiny, unbelievable service, great food and fun than Riu has it going on. Also, there is security at the resort 24/7. We always felt safe at the resort and on long walks down the beach in either direction. Same was true on any of the 3 days we ventured out for excursions or spending time in either Bucerias or Puerto Vallarta. We're two for two staying with Riu and regardless where we travel next if there is a Riu in the area, we'll be staying there!!

3  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were impressed. I know the Palace Pacifico is only a few years old, but we were all very impressed. The staff were always busy, inside and outside. It was kind of game for us to see if we could find things wrong. We found some tile missing off of a table in the pool. The staff were checking it out one day, and the next day it was repaired. That was one of the rare problems we able to find.
We had a group of 10 to 12 dining at most meals. We were accomodated very well at all meals. We have has issues at other resorts trying to get dining reservations for 10 or 12 people, but not here. It was like they were happy to have us....like it should be.
I can't recall if this was 5 or 6 Gold Apples, but it needs to be ranked at the top of the Gold Apple ranking.
Rooms were very nice. We had a Jr Suite with a King Bed. We requested extra pillows, and we got them the second day, and to our pleasant surprise, they left them all week.

4  Thank Chuckiepoo
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We just returned from 9 days in paradise. We have stayed in a lot of all inclusives in PV and this one was the best by far. Staff was wonderful, friendly and attentive. Food was good and the rooms were beautiful. They were constantly cleaning. We also loved the walk down the beach to the little town with lots of fun bars and shopping, I would go back for sure.

1  Thank Padams6
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Returned on March 5 from a 7 night stay. This time we had the opportunity to stay at the Riu Palace Pacifico rather than the Riu Vallarta where we normally stay when in Puerto Vallarta area. I travel quite frequently to Mexico and the Caribbean. I have stayed at many Riu resorts and Palace propertys throughout these areas. This one is definitely NUMBER ONE. From the minute we walked in the friendliness and service was there.
Check in was fast. Bags were brought to the room immediately. Room was spotless, Housekeepers were there first thing in the morning scrubbing away. Refrigertors were always kept full. Room Service was available and fast service. First time I saw a coffee pot and coffee available in the room at a Riu resort.
Ala Carte dinner reservations were not a problem. Our group was 7, and we managed to dine at all the restaurants. Food and service was excellent at each and every restaurant as well as the buffet. We loved the Mexican Coffee show in Guacamole as well as the flaming Baked Alaska at the Steakhouse.
Breakfast was our favorite and our waiter JULIAN always had our table and coffee ready. He took EXCELLENT care of all of us for breakfast and lunch as well. He made sure to save the same tables, and pushed them together for us. On our last stay he even spread flower petals across the 3 tables for our farewell breakfast. He definitely deserves recognition for a job VERY WELL DONE.
Coming from the COLD weather what I appreciated the most was the HEATED POOL. Most pools tend to be so cold in February that you don't even want to get in the water. This was not the case here. You can enjoy either the main pool or infinity pool. We also took advantage of the jacuzzi in the SPA. It was very relaxing and uncrowded.
We also had the opportunity to see one of the one bedroom JACUZZI SUITES on the upper floors. The suites are beautiful, very spacious with an outdoor jacuzzi and the panoramic view on the balcony is amazing. Pefect for Honeymooners.
Overall, this is by far the BEST VALUE in the Riviera Nayarit area.
KUDOS to Director Stephanie and SubDirector Nicole. You really know how to manage this resort.
Thank You for a wonderful vacation experience. We will be returning soon most likely with a larger group.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trvgrl
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Ok I didn't literally burst into tears, but I was about as close as one can get. I loved the Riu. I've been to several cities/regions in Mexico and thus have stayed at several resorts there, and this was the best! My mom's review is right below, and we felt very similarly about most aspects of the hotel, so I won't repeat what she's already said.
The Riu Palace's location was great - the Nuevo Vallarta beach can't be beat if you like to play in the ocean. I'm 23, and my mom and I boogie-boarded and body-surfed the waves for hours like little kids. There are a ton of activities to do on the beach/in the ocean. We saw an open-water swimmer, kite wake boarders, parasailers, kayakers, jet skiers, horseback riders, and people going on catamaran rides. If you don't enjoy lounging poolside, there's no shortage of saltwater entertainment.
The Riu pool is huge, and there re no rules limiting inflatables, balls, or other pool toys, so lots of people brought those for their kids to use. (However, speaking as a former lifeguard, keep in mind that inflatables DO NOT serve the same role as lifejackets or watchful parents - don't rely on them to keep your nonswimmers afloat.) The pool also has shallower areas with tiled "lounge chairs" that are great for sunbathing.
One aspect of the Riu Palace that I'd like to emphasize is how great the service is. Everyone from the maid whose daily station is the pool area bathroom (yep, all day long the bathroom is continuously being cleaned) to the lobby bar bartender to The Peninsula buffet waiters is friendly, happy to serve. The waitstaff, especially, made me feel like I would genuinely be missed when I left. To me, that is great service.
Some logistical things for the health nut like me: the safes in partial ocean view junior suites will fit a 13" laptop, and that room is large enough for you to do P90X in of you happen to be doing that. The workout room is nice, but it doesn't have free weights. It has lots of cardio machines and two TV's. If you're even slightly worried about being able to eat healthily on your trip to the Riu Palace, don't be. The buffet offers a very extensive salad bar and tons of delicious fresh fruit. Plus you can pretty much always get plain grilled chicken or fish. (I highly recommend the smoked salmon offered at almost every meal in the buffet.) Before you leave for the airport, you can even grab a pre-packaged sandwich, burger, hot dog, or fruit for the road in the Sports Bar.
I kind of rambled, but I'm writing this from my iPhone and am a little too lazy to scroll up and edit it. My mom and I just loved our stay at the Riu Palace Pacifico and even started planning our trip there for next March :)

• Stayed: March 2011