Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Bahia del Sol Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
View Hotel
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Zar Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
View Hotel
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Pool
All reviewsparadise villageunitpoolsresortvrbocondominiumtigrecanadianpvcanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2012

As a previous poster, I had purchased a voucher from LivingSocial to stay at this hotel. Due to travel arrangements, I did not find out the hotel was closed until showing up on their front doorstep. One of the two individuals at the front desk was helpful and tried to call around to other hotels for us without any success. Thankfully, we were able to find sojourn at the Riu Vallarta (which I recommend).

Room Tip: For a good room, try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jboltz
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Purchased a week for this resort via Living Social (note LS was fantastic in there handling of this matter). Was set to arrive about noon Dec 15, 2012. On Dec 13 at about 6:30 pm I get an email for the resort staying effective that day the resort was closed indefinately due to a labor problem. Yes they offered to honor the reservation at a later date and even correct the airfare, but how was I do trust a company that emails me less 2 days before I am to arrive to tell me the doors were closed, would they be open again in the future? Had a very nice trip at a different resort in the area, but I will never, ever consider this reort again

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wywrdsn
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We purchased this all inclusive spa and resort one year ago which indicates its family friendly. When we arrived we were told the resort is no longer a Wellness Resort but a fantasy resort (adults only and nudist resort). We had a 19 month old baby with us and were told we could not go to the dining room or the pool, so had to stay in our rooms! They were going to try and put us in a partner resort but in the end allowed us to leave our rooms and gave us each a 2 bedroom unit. In the end, the credits we were offered did not exist on site, ( yoga, meditation, cooking classes). The only offer was a trip with dolphins off site or golf at almost 200 dollars a round!

The waiters, waitresses and housekeeping were great, the front desk staff, except for one person, were not very friendly or helpful. They only had us for guests after November 27, and announced they were closing for a week after December 1st as they had no guests or private owners at the resort. Check before you go to see if they are even open!

Room Tip: Check before you go what you are getting, request one with private pool over looking golf course. Do not expect any wellness activities as they no longer exist. The beach is about 5 km return and a 3 minute shuttle ride.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Combine12
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been emailing back and forth with the reservations person for a couple weeks - I have a Tippr voucher for a studio or one-bedroom suite. I had specified in all the emails that I wanted a two-bedroom and we had agreed on how much extra I would pay, etc. When they emailed me the confirmation, it was for a ONE-bedroom, not a TWO. I emailed them a week ago to have them change it and send it back. Haven't received a single response in over a week.

In all my interactions with them prior to this, they were super helpful & responded relatively quickly. Now I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do. I'm hoping they will read this and actually reply to me so I can get this squared away. I can't make flight reservations until I know that they have a TWO-bedroom available during the dates we agreed upon.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thndrbrd13
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The property is beautiful. Layout was akward. Service: No servers at the pool. There was only one restuarant open the entire trip (they said it was off season). Nothing was offered as stated on our Living Social deal. No cooking classes, yoga, nothing. If you stayed at the resort the entire time you would be bored. If you are looking for a place to relax and that's it Taheima is for you.
Value: Good. Food and drinks could have been a little tastier. Drinks were watered down. Did not get one single buzz at the resort. We found that they had the same lunch menu 4 out of the 5 days we were there. Other things overlapped quite a bit as well. I appreciated how they were willing to accomodate special request if we did not see anything appetizing on the menu they made it for us.
Sleep Quality: Excellent. Beds were comfortable. We slept like babies and that was a major quality. Also loved the room size. Seperate living room area. VERY NICE
Cleanliness: No problems there either. The rooms were always clean and the resort was too.
Location: Thankfully we had a rental car otherwise the resort is it. Nothing to keep you entertained unless you want to go to the beach the entire trip. Although not very far, the resort is NOT in Puerto Vallarta but we loved going into town. We ALWAYS felt safe, it is in a gated community.

I would come back I think? No time soon though.

Room Tip: Be careful with the exchange rate. It is different EVERYWHERE. The resort is amongst the highest when purchasing things thats why we opted not to get a spa treatment. The entire resort is quiet so choose whatever room you want
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple