I visited Taheima in August 2011 on a package deal purchased through Luxury Link which consisted of an all-inclusive four-night stay, welcome champagne, massages and a romantic dinner experience. We were greeted with a cool towel and welcome drink upon arrival in the beautiful lobby. We were given wristbands upon check-in, which I'm not a big fan of - it's so low-budget. The wristbands are a waste because you still have to sign your name and room number when you order F&B at the restaurant or poolside. You have to walk around the infinity pool to get to from the lobby/restaurants the rooms - not a problem, but I found the layout a bit odd. Otherwise the grounds are beautiful. The infinity pool was great and we never had a problem scoring lounge chairs - even when we didn't get an early start.
We had a one-bedroom on the ground level with a "private" plunge pool. The plunge pools are not heated and you can see your neighbors through the fence between units. The foliage between the plunge pool and the main pool doesn't offer much cover either, so beware. The room was spacious, and the king bed was very comfortable. A/C in the room was quiet and kept us nice and cool.
Only one restaurant, Cafe Maria, was open during our stay, but the food was tasty and the staff was very attentive. Still, it would have been nice to have another dining option.
It was the beginning of rainy season during our stay, and it rained for about an hour each evening. This gave us the perfect opportunity to wind down after a long day at the pool and before heading to Cafe Maria for dinner. On our last evening at Taheima it POURED. As I mentioned, there is only one route from the rooms to the lobby & restaurant area, and that was flooded. Yes, flooded. We had to wade through four inches of water to make it to Cafe Maria in time for dinner!
We had a couples massage and really enjoyed it. As others have mentioned, this resort is not on the beach, but they do offer a shuttle to their nearby beach club. The tuna ceviche at the beach club was delicious! Be prepared for locals trying to get you to buy things while you're on the beach.
All in all, we had a good time at Taheima. I would probably return - but only if the drainage issue has been solved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Hideaway Retreat Defines a Holiday Experience With a Meaning and Purpose for Body, Mind and Soul. Taheima, located within 10 minutes of Puerto Vallarta International Airport, offers convenience and ease-of-access, all within its own tropical oasis. Taheima offers its own landscaped lagoons and Infinity swimming pools, beach club, Taheima artfully unites shelter with nature within a tropical environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taheima Wellness Resort And Spa
- Taheima Wellness Hotel Nuevo Vallarta