The Taheima was a pleasant surprise. The resort itself was gorgeous. It looks exactly the same if not better in person than it does on the website. Our room was spacious and luxurious, however the view of the golf course from our patio with private pool was not so appealing and would have liked it better if it were heated. We would recommend they add shrubbery or drapes like they had on the cabanas to make the private pools facing the golf course more private. This was also a sentiment we heard from other guest facing the course as they felt golfers could look right into our rooms. The restaurants were all located within the same area. Overall the food was great. It was fresh and there was a a good selection. (The breakfast buffet was probably the best).
All-inclusive includes exactly what they say it does within the resort. It covers both food and drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic). At the beach club outside of the resort it only covers food and drinks. You have to purchase your own alcoholic beverages at the beach. We felt they did a great job explaining this to us at check in.
If you want stiffer drinks we would suggest buying your own alcohol. It really varied with who was making them. Some drinks were really good and some not so much.
Nuevo Vallarta vs. Puerto Vallarta. This resort is located about a 45-minute taxi ride outside of downtown Puerto Vallarta, which is where the majority of the nightlight and shopping that some tourist might want (i.e., like we did!). They did not do a great job of explaining this. Nor did they provide any shuttle services to Puerto Vallarta.
Back to the resort…. the service was good. Towards the end of our stay, the maid service seemed to slack a little. We had to request our room to be cleaned, and new towels on our last day. Poolside service is hard to find, as there is only one staff member that primarily stays in the family pool area. Also note the difference in the pools. The “family pool” is heated and the “adult only pool” is ozone regulated (Which means Not Heated, lol).
It was somewhat frustrating the layout of the resort. Walking back and forth towards your room requires you to walk all around the both pool areas. This may seem like a random critique but on several occasions we would joke with other guests about the long walk to get from our rooms to the lobby, bar and restaurants.
The wireless was spotty. Though it was free, I would have paid for better wireless.
The attendant booking excursions was very pleasant and did not hound us into purchasing anything we didn’t want. She offered her suggestions and then let us decide. We booked the Canopy River Tour (Zip line) and Rhythms of the Night. They were both awesome and we appreciated her arranging our taxi transportation to and from the pick up locations.
The Spa is hidden on the third floor among other guest rooms. We are guessing this is temporary though not what you would expect from a “Health and Wellness Resort”. Our massages and facials were relaxing and the staff was professional.
For our fellow GLBT community, the resort and PV in general are accepting and we did not feel uncomfortable as a gay couple. The “Gayborhood” is located deep in downtown PV. Most taxi drivers did not know the names of the bars and clubs we wanted however, they knew the location as the “Gay area.”
Overall experience at the resort was relaxing and fun! Would definitely recommend it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Hideaway Retreat Defines a Holiday Experience With a Meaning and Purpose for Body, Mind and Soul. Taheima, located within 10 minutes of Puerto Vallarta International Airport, offers convenience and ease-of-access, all within its own tropical oasis. Taheima offers its own landscaped lagoons and Infinity swimming pools, beach club, Taheima artfully unites shelter with nature within a tropical environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taheima Wellness Resort And Spa
- Taheima Wellness Hotel Nuevo Vallarta