March 2012. We were very lucky that we went during a slow week and the place was less than half full. We found out that if the number of guests was over 100, they served breakfast and lunch buffet style. Being a la carte, the food was top quality in terms of freshness, presentation, taste and efficiency. The drinks were made to your liking and when you wanted a strong drink, it was "Strong Like Bull". Dinner was exceptionally good, even for an upscale pricey restaurant. For the level of service, quality of food & beverage, and service we were worried if everything was in fact All Inclusive.
As of now, they only have one restaurant openned at any one time plus the pool side food and beverage service. The breakfast and lunch restaurant is open for breakfast from 7 to 11:30 am and lunch from 11:30 am to 6 pm. Dinner is in the restaurant next to it and is open from 6 pm to10:30 pm. A bar is open from 6 pm till 1 am.
They are slightly understaffed as tourism is slow and the high season March break stretches their services thin but the try their best and stay very pleasant throughout. Tipping is not mandatory but they deserve to be tipped well since their salaries are low and very hard working. I suggest at least 20 pesos for the room cleaning lady per day, 5 - 10% for food and beverages. They have a system where they give you a bill of the food and beverages ordered to sign (if All inclusive) or pay. So you can use the bill to judge how much tip to pay. Most guests do leave a tip.
Taheima is a Timeshare, Full ownership and Hotel resort mix. As a hotel they offer the option of All inclusive which is well worth every penny. I haven't had so much good food and drinks ever.
So if anyone wants to go to a safe quiet place to lounge and pig out, this is it. Well worth every penny.
Final note on the safety of Puerto Vallarta. The place is safer than the place you are coming from for sure. I'm from Vancouver BC and for sure PV is safer and friendlier. All the negative news is hyped for the purpose of retaining tourist dollars within US. We went just about anywhere and everywhere. Safe and friendly rings throughout the place. We went to Walmart and shopped. Great place to get Tequila. It's about 1/3 the price compared to Canada. 750 ml Don Julio Anejo for about 38 cad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Hideaway Retreat Defines a Holiday Experience With a Meaning and Purpose for Body, Mind and Soul. Taheima, located within 10 minutes of Puerto Vallarta International Airport, offers convenience and ease-of-access, all within its own tropical oasis. Taheima offers its own landscaped lagoons and Infinity swimming pools, beach club, Taheima artfully unites shelter with nature within a tropical environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taheima Wellness Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Taheima Wellness Resort And Spa